Diy Cabinet From Recycled Wood Coco Grow

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

Those are freakishly big colas. It looks like they're mainlined. I can't remember if you did that on these.

The one with the beer can (Black Mamba) I did not mainline, but the other two I did. The re-veg caused a whole new stretch so the colas are about twice as long as last time. Last time I had some 16 in colas. Extrapolate that lol. Gonna be some monsters for sure.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

The one with the beer can (Black Mamba) I did not mainline, but the other two I did. The re-veg caused a whole new stretch so the colas are about twice as long as last time. Last time I had some 16 in colas. Extrapolate that lol. Gonna be some monsters for sure.

They remind me of the fruit trees where I grew up. They'd prune em in the fall and in spring they had that chalice look with the long branches growing straight up. They did it for more fruit too.

Farmer P

Farmer P

The Plants aren't looking that great. :speechless:

I been neglecting them playing too many video games. I let them get pretty burnt up and spent about an hour this morning trimming dead leaves and small branches that I don't want to have to trim later. I still may be able to salvage some good weed from this I just need to start paying attention better.

20180908 0740191
20180908 0740311
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

This mutated reveg thing you got going is sweet. That stretch really distorted the typical cola structure. You feel that they're filling in now? These are gonna end up gnarly looking. You feel they're feeding heavier now? Take care of them. Wanna watch this outcome! What's your gamertag? LMAO!!

Farmer P

Farmer P

This mutated reveg thing you got going is sweet. That stretch really distorted the typical cola structure. You feel that they're filling in now? These are gonna end up gnarly looking. You feel they're feeding heavier now? Take care of them. Wanna watch this outcome! What's your gamertag? LMAO!!

Yeah they look a lot different than last time. The re-veg caused a second stretch so the colas are longer. As long as I keep up with things I should be ok. I got lazy and just let the nutes get soaked up everytime which basically means I had no flush whatsoever for two weeks. I think things got toxic so now I'm feeding them by hand once a day to a substantial runoff and sucking it out with a vacuum. (I still have two automated feedings) They seem to be getting better already. Yes they are still swelling a lot. And this black mamba pheno puts on like half its girth in the last couple weeks. I'm thinking mid October chop if I can make it so another month to five weeks to go, but I'll play it by ear and if I need to chop earlier I will.
I am on PS4 network as Pdoggbuffalo. I been playing H1Z1 a lot lately. It is a totally free game you don't even have to pay the 59 dollar yearly fee to play online. If you are on Playstation Network hit me up!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah they look a lot different than last time. The re-veg caused a second stretch so the colas are longer. As long as I keep up with things I should be ok. I got lazy and just let the nutes get soaked up everytime which basically means I had no flush whatsoever for two weeks. I think things got toxic so now I'm feeding them by hand once a day to a substantial runoff and sucking it out with a vacuum. (I still have two automated feedings) They seem to be getting better already. Yes they are still swelling a lot. And this black mamba pheno puts on like half its girth in the last couple weeks. I'm thinking mid October chop if I can make it so another month to five weeks to go, but I'll play it by ear and if I need to chop earlier I will.
I am on PS4 network as Pdoggbuffalo. I been playing H1Z1 a lot lately. It is a totally free game you don't even have to pay the 59 dollar yearly fee to play online. If you are on Playstation Network hit me up!

Have you tried Fox Farm Sledgehammer? Works wonders on my girls and keeps the flush more gentle. Then add aloe to the nutes to heal root systems.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Have you tried Fox Farm Sledgehammer? Works wonders on my girls and keeps the flush more gentle. Then add aloe to the nutes to heal root systems.
I haven't tried sledgehammer but I have some clearex from botanicare. They seem to be doing better, but if it doesn't I'll have to try some. These litte pots are pretty easy to flush. I think they hold right around a gallon of coco.

I'm on the Bill Gates plan bro. Hahahahaha. All sounds good. I'm in zone 6 for outdoor reference. Anything I've done outside I've pushed until first frost. That's usually end of October in my area. Let em ride it out!

I'm going to try to let them go as long as I can but it's hard lol. As long as thery're doing ok and the bugs aren't too bad I'll keep going. I remember why I chopped early last year was caterpillars. I have the net now but they still find ways. I've already found some eating my leaves. Not near as bad as last year though, hopefully a moth just got lucky and flew in behind me when I opened the door.

Rcubed

Rcubed

I haven't tried sledgehammer but I have some clearex from botanicare. They seem to be doing better, but if it doesn't I'll have to try some. These litte pots are pretty easy to flush. I think they hold right around a gallon of coco.

I'm going to try to let them go as long as I can but it's hard lol. As long as thery're doing ok and the bugs aren't too bad I'll keep going. I remember why I chopped early last year was caterpillars. I have the net now but they still find ways. I've already found some eating my leaves. Not near as bad as last year though, hopefully a moth just got lucky and flew in behind me when I opened the door.
Yeah the caterpillars are getting me too. Ive been pretty diligent with the bt too. I've probably lost 5-10% from those bastards. Most of mine are inside the buds.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah the caterpillars are getting me too. Ive been pretty diligent with the bt too. I've probably lost 5-10% from those bastards. Most of mine are inside the buds.

Capt. Jack's Dead Bug or Monterey, anything with Spinosad. It really works and safe during flower. Gotta get em before they start drilling through the middle of your colas. I don't know if it penetrates when they're inside so we still clip off the dead top sections until we find the little bastards. Spinosad is cheap, won't hurt to spray before you get attacked.

Happy hunting.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Capt. Jack's Dead Bug or Monterey, anything with Spinosad. It really works and safe during flower. Gotta get em before they start drilling through the middle of your colas. I don't know if it penetrates when they're inside so we still clip off the dead top sections until we find the little bastards. Spinosad is cheap, won't hurt to spray before you get attacked.

Happy hunting.

Well I think I had just one lucky moth get in cause all the caterpillars were the same size and color. I picked off about 10 and they were easy to find because the holes in the leaves lead a trail right to them. But not all is well. I always have problems with thrips outside, but this year they are way worse. I think my net keeps out the natural predators that keep them in check. So about 5 days ago I added a lot of sticky traps over, under, and inside the plants. I also added some cotton balls with vanilla extract that's supposed to trap them. They dig into the cotton to find the source of the smell and can't get out. So far it seems to be working well. I do a shake test where I shake a branch and see how many fly off and there is way less now. I also put some neem oil in my little moates that are under the drip trays to keep ants and crawlers out so they have a harder time finding good water. I'm gonna keep riding this with no sprays as long as I can. A lot of the leaves look bad from the thrips, but the buds look great. I can't wait to try some. I can always chop early and start up inside again if I have to, but I'm hoping for full term. I have to do one more run with these three strains then I'll pop some of the new beans I got. I took these pics yesterday.

Up close
Homer bucket
All
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well I think I had just one lucky moth get in cause all the caterpillars were the same size and color. I picked off about 10 and they were easy to find because the holes in the leaves lead a trail right to them. But not all is well. I always have problems with thrips outside, but this year they are way worse. I think my net keeps out the natural predators that keep them in check. So about 5 days ago I added a lot of sticky traps over, under, and inside the plants. I also added some cotton balls with vanilla extract that's supposed to trap them. They dig into the cotton to find the source of the smell and can't get out. So far it seems to be working well. I do a shake test where I shake a branch and see how many fly off and there is way less now. I also put some neem oil in my little moates that are under the drip trays to keep ants and crawlers out so they have a harder time finding good water. I'm gonna keep riding this with no sprays as long as I can. A lot of the leaves look bad from the thrips, but the buds look great. I can't wait to try some. I can always chop early and start up inside again if I have to, but I'm hoping for full term. I have to do one more run with these three strains then I'll pop some of the new beans I got. I took these pics yesterday.

Your plants are insane dude. Following your grows is partly what inspired me to do my own indoor growing.

I don't lump Capt'n Jack's in with other sprays. Spinosad is organic and one of the safest pesticides that can be used. It is near non-toxic to humans. It's even safer than Azamax, and broken down quickly by sunlight and biologicals. It works on pillars and thrips. If it worked on spider mites it'd be my go-to instead of Azamax. Pregnant women should be more careful with it but it would have to be ingested consistently over time to even effect them.

In my opinion, Spinosad makes pillars and thrips some of the safest and easiest pests to organically eradicate. It's even safe from contaminating runoff water because it readily binds to soil.
61mmoQRbNzL AC SL1500

(I know that labeling says spider mites but for it to be effective on them a wetting agent is required and still only works on one stage of their life cycle.)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That cotton ball trick is a new one to me. I'll have to try that. I had thrips this year too but they really didn't do much damage. After I stopped spraying, predators returned to my garden. Especially the mantids, en force.

Farmer P

Farmer P

That cotton ball trick is a new one to me. I'll have to try that. I had thrips this year too but they really didn't do much damage. After I stopped spraying, predators returned to my garden. Especially the mantids, en force.

Here's another good trick I used. I put an inch of water with neem soap and sm90 wetting agent in my shop vac, then shook all the branches one at a time and sucked them up as they flew off. I think that worked very well. I could see them getting sucked up!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Here's another good trick I used. I put an inch of water with neem soap and sm90 wetting agent in my shop vac, then shook all the branches one at a time and sucked them up as they flew off. I think that worked very well. I could see them getting sucked up!

...and fun.

Farmer P

Farmer P

The moral of this one is what not to do if your bird shits on you (and don't count your chickens before they hatch lol).

The story starts when I noticed some bud rot while trimming a plant last run. I'm pretty sure it was caused by the cover on my greenhouse with no extraction fans, so I decided to stop covering which caused my plants to re-veg. I thought the re-veg would be a good thing because it caused the buds to double in length. Wrong again! I ended up scrapping 90 percent of the grow so far (two five gallon buckets packed full) because it was too hard to trim. The thrips are to blame, but I think if it wasn't for the re-veg they wouldn't have had time to get so out of hand. My measures to curb them were fairly successful, but the damage was already done! They caused so many leaves to die all the way back that I would have to trim all the way down to the stem on all of it and I'm not willing to do that so into the compost it went. :drunk: One thing to note was that I didn't find a single caterpillar during trim and no cat damage either. That is good except the thrip problem is probably worse. I didn't use any pesticides the whole run again, but this time I think that was a mistake. Next time I'll spray hard all the way up to the start of flower and finish the crop in 8 weeks and I think I'll be alright.

That having been said I learned a lot and I have a nice little harvest still which I took the time to trim. I fast dried a nug of each and it got me high as fuck!! I am taking the black mamba a little longer, but here's what I saved from the cookies n chem and the tomahawk.

20181006 1246321
Top Bottom