Diy Cob... Could Someone Walk Me Through What I Have To Order?

• Thread starter closet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Well put me down for 1. I found another problem with the light it's heavy at least 10 lbs it's a freaking bear, I probably will have to set up my tent you can't really hang it in a closet not if the distances from light to plant are accurate.

S

Sdfoster22

Well put me down for 1. I found another problem with the light it's heavy at least 10 lbs it's a freaking bear, I probably will have to set up my tent you can't really hang it in a closet not if the distances from light to plant are accurate.
I can make you a list of supplies with links if you would like me to.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Bro I realy appreciate it, I am mechanically inclined, I can read a schematic, however i am not an electrician, as I stated i do understand the light spectrum and the way it works, when i had my last Harley I was smart enough to know one of my coil wires broke, so I striped it, wound together and wound electrical tape around that, when i blew a fuse I put a juicy fruit wrapper around the fuse and put fuse back witch worked nicely, I can change my cables, I can do clutch plates, bearings, change oil, filter, plugs, gap em, do timeing, sync carbs, but when it comes down to your electrical harness it's going to the shop, but if you have the know how build a bunch I'll buy 1, I'm shure other people would to, if you have the talent and don't use it that's a sin, besides start a buissnes if you can make a great light cheap a little word of mouth you never know how far you can take it 2 years from now you could start your own co you will never know these things unless you do it.

S

Sdfoster22

Bro I realy appreciate it, I am mechanically inclined, I can read a schematic, however i am not an electrician, as I stated i do understand the light spectrum and the way it works, when i had my last Harley I was smart enough to know one of my coil wires broke, so I striped it, wound together and wound electrical tape around that, when i blew a fuse I put a juicy fruit wrapper around the fuse and put fuse back witch worked nicely, I can change my cables, I can do clutch plates, bearings, change oil, filter, plugs, gap em, do timeing, sync carbs, but when it comes down to your electrical harness it's going to the shop, but if you have the know how build a bunch I'll buy 1, I'm shure other people would to, if you have the talent and don't use it that's a sin, besides start a buissnes if you can make a great light cheap a little word of mouth you never know how far you can take it 2 years from now you could start your own co you will never know these things unless you do it.
I seriously thought about putting some together and maybe doubling my money. I'm getting married next week. After that I'll have some extra cash to invest in building some lights. I'm getting some really good deals on drivers right now. It would be an extra $75. These drivers are great and cheap. I'll put a few together in a few weeks and maybe post some pics. I'll be putting mine together soon.

I thought about using some of the vesta which is half 5000 k and 3000k at 90 cri. Then using the eb gen 2 in there for the 3500k 80 cri. I'll probably wire the 3500k and 3000k's on the same dimmer, then 5000k by itself. That would be a nice mix.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I seriously thought about putting some together and maybe doubling my money. I'm getting married next week. After that I'll have some extra cash to invest in building some lights. I'm getting some really good deals on drivers right now. It would be an extra $75. These drivers are great and cheap. I'll put a few together in a few weeks and maybe post some pics. I'll be putting mine together soon.

I thought about using some of the vesta which is half 5000 k and 3000k at 90 cri. Then using the eb gen 2 in there for the 3500k 80 cri. I'll probably wire the 3500k and 3000k's on the same dimmer, then 5000k by itself. That would be a nice mix.

You have too much blue in the mix unless you're building for veg only.

Congrats on your marriage taking place. You won't be building any more soon if you ask me hahahahaha

S

Sdfoster22

You have too much blue in the mix unless you're building for veg only.

Congrats on your marriage taking place. You won't be building any more soon if you ask me hahahahaha

5000k and 300k makes about 3500k. I've seen people get some pretty good results from start to finish with 3500k.

*edit*

The vestas are 2700k and 5000k lol. My mistake.

Toaster79

Toaster79

5000k and 300k makes about 3500k. I've seen people get some pretty good results from start to finish with 3500k.

*edit*

The vestas are 2700k and 5000k lol. My mistake.

5000K and 3000K at 1:1 ratio averages at 4000K which is still a veg spectrum

But to each his own.

S

Sdfoster22

5000K and 3000K at 1:1 ratio averages at 4000K which is still a veg spectrum

But to each his own.

I meant to put 2700k and 5000k. My mistake. It equals about 3800k. It won't be a perfect light, but it will definitely be an upgrade from most led grow lights, for cheaper. Plus the 2700k and 3500k will be on it's own channel for a flower mode with a 2 to 1 ratio. And you could turn up the 5000k on it's own for seedlings. It won't be perfect, but how many many manufacturers have that many options for that cheap?

I could of course have 2700k, 3500k, and 5000k, all in 1-1-1 ratios all dimmed separately as many watts as you want. But the more options will raise the price.

I was just looking to build a small flexible light for the small grower that is cheaper, lasts longer, and draws the actual watts as advertised.

I think I'll make my own thread now, instead of hijacking this one lol.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I meant to put 2700k and 5000k. My mistake. It equals about 3800k. It won't be a perfect light, but it will definitely be an upgrade from most led grow lights, for cheaper. Plus the 2700k and 3500k will be on it's own channel for a flower mode with a 2 to 1 ratio. And you could turn up the 5000k on it's own for seedlings. It won't be perfect, but how many many manufacturers have that many options for that cheap?

I could of course have 2700k, 3500k, and 5000k, all in 1-1-1 ratios all dimmed separately as many watts as you want. But the more options will raise the price.

I was just looking to build a small flexible light for the small grower that is cheaper, lasts longer, and draws the actual watts as advertised.

I think I'll make my own thread now, instead of hijacking this one lol.

With the spectrums you have, you could run your lights to replicate the dusk till dawn part of the day going from 2K7 to 5K from lights on till noon and back to 2K7 till dawn, and at noon I mean to fire up all you've got. Should give them a nice tan. Hook up a raspberry pi with a rellay board, write the code or find it online and fire it up.

S

Sdfoster22

With the spectrums you have, you could run your lights to replicate the dusk till dawn part of the day going from 2K7 to 5K from lights on till noon and back to 2K7 till dawn, and at noon I mean to fire up all you've got. Should give them a nice tan. Hook up a raspberry pi with a rellay board, write the code or find it online and fire it up.
Wow. I never thought of that. How about adding a far red initiator before lights out? Would I need them?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Wow. I never thought of that. How about adding a far red initiator before lights out? Would I need them?

Probably not. Your 2K7s would drop to probably 2K or 1K9 ant minimum current as they would dimm towards night cycle. Migt even replicate summer to fall light cycle while at it.

S

Sdfoster22

Probably not. Your 2K7s would drop to probably 2K or 1K9 ant minimum current as they would dimm towards night cycle. Migt even replicate summer to fall light cycle while at it.
He'll yeah. I'll definitely check into that.

DGP

DGP

Hell ya, Now your talking, replicating outdoor conditions!

Dee

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Don't yo know anyone who could help with the front mony, one of the few joys of life is doing what you love, you can work for other people all your life, or you could reverse that and you could do the hiring start small and rely on word of mouth! That's how it starts.

S

Sdfoster22

Don't yo know anyone who could help with the front mony, one of the few joys of life is doing what you love, you can work for other people all your life, or you could reverse that and you could do the hiring start small and rely on word of mouth! That's how it starts.
It's only a couple weeks. Plus I don't really have the time right now.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

"married next week. After that I'll have some extra cash"..
Hate to tell ya this, but MARRIED AND HAVING XTRA CASH.. not in future wife's vocabulary I bet..LMAO

Anyway..BEST WISHES!!:D

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I do the finances in the house. Lol. She makes her own money also. Thanks a bunch!
Hahhah..Things often change my friend!!

For some unknown reason..as soon as the paper's are signed..Wifeys get it all..
Maybe because they are the undisputed owners of all Pu****..:eyepiece:
ROFLMFAO..

S

Sdfoster22

Hahhah..Things often change my friend!!

For some unknown reason..as soon as the paper's are signed..Wifeys get it all..
Maybe because they are the undisputed owners of all Pu****..:eyepiece:
ROFLMFAO..
Haha. That's not how it works around here =P I have my bank account she will never have access to lol. I learned the hard way on my last marriage and joint bank accounts!

Toaster79

Toaster79

Haha. That's not how it works around here =P I have my bank account she will never have access to lol. I learned the hard way on my last marriage and joint bank accounts!

1 vxhRvDPhzhjy6f5NJkNd9g

Top Bottom