diy vacuum pruge station

• Thread starter Glab120
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhMe

PhMe

Nice looking bho hiceratops. I am waiting on my hot plate to arrive, and I'll be ready to test my rig out.

Hiceratops

Hiceratops

Just made this beautiful stuff out of an 8th of a pretty potent indica strain.

Got that oil after first vac.

Got it to wax after more vac and heat.

IMG 1068
IMG 1071
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well you guys got me all excited so I went looking for a vacuum pump and look what I found for next to nothing. I don't think they knew what it was as I got it cheap, $100.00. Turns out it's a $1800.00 1 hp pump 6.2 CFM which is kind of big but sure I can use it with your help. Sound like the size greywolf used. I just don't want to collapse my container, lol, looks like it will suck a golfball through a garden hose. Once I find a container I'll get started building, thanks for all the great info.

IMGP9359
IMGP9360

Glab120

Glab120

Just made this beautiful stuff out of an 8th of a pretty potent indica strain.

Got that oil after first vac.

Got it to wax after more vac and heat.

That looks really nice. How would you rate the final product?

Glab120

Glab120

Well you guys got me all excited so I went looking for a vacuum pump and look what I found for next to nothing. I don't think they knew what it was as I got it cheap, $100.00. Turns out it's a $1800.00 1 hp pump 6.2 CFM which is kind of big but sure I can use it with your help. Sound like the size greywolf used. I just don't want to collapse my container, lol, looks like it will suck a golfball through a garden hose. Once I find a container I'll get started building, thanks for all the great info.

View attachment 315159View attachment 315160

Have you checked out what these sell for on eBay? If you can sell it for like $500 or more that's a good profit and you could use that to build your dream setup.

Y

yo Ace

Wish I had that super pump in the pics. So I got this kit on Ebay, It worked very well for my extraction I was able to pull -29hg

PhMe

PhMe

This is the pump kit I got. It works great for extractions I opted for the smaller chamber because it works best for my setup.
Brand: Best Value Vacs (www.bestvaluevacs.com)

With that height, you're going to have to worry about the mushroom effect and hitting the top of your lid.

Or do it in smaller batches

Y

yo Ace

Yea the mushroom effect might hit the top. So I asked for an exchange and they exchanged my purchase for this one
wish I had my own pictures. Too lazy to get the camera out...
15 gallon vaccum Chamber

From (www.bestvaluevacs.com ) 1.5 gallon vacuum chamber

420madness

420madness

hope ya dont mind joining in on the fun . this is my first time doing wax , did two batches one with all nugz if bubba kush and the other with half shake n half nugz.

20130705 234605
20130706 001311
20130706 012943
20130705 221329
K

kanehbosm

First off, let me sayks to Glab120. Without your help there's no way I'd be sucking nearly as hard. In all seriousness, this guide has been an awesome jumping off point and encouraged me to spend the money and time to take on such an ambitious project. I had a fair bit of frustration, but mostly an enjoyable weekend project for my roommate and I. Thanks again for your initiative in posting this guide and for your continued prompt and relevant responses. Just wanted to post my results with the pump and vac chamber. Ran our first batch of trim tonight, lets just say looking forward to doing the process with some real green.

Here she is in all her glory
View attachment 305206
Just doin' what she do.
View attachment 305208
Thanks again to Glab120 and everyone that posted with questions, solutions, comments and laughs.

-Dankasaurus and Hiceratops

Hey where did you get those awesome black/gray tubes.. Also what size diameter?

K

kanehbosm

DIY Vacuum Purging Chamber

To perform some of the desirable alchemy with cannabis essential oils, requires some sort of vacuum chamber that you can control the heat and vacuum levels in, as well as see what you are doing.

These are readily available as vacuum desiccators and vacuum ovens, but all are pricey, so how about just building your own?
We already have a glass desiccator with a hot plate inside, and picked up a new used vacuum oven, but alas the temperature controls are ineffective in the low ranges that we operate, so we are in the process of refining its controls.

More on that subject on a separate thread, but this thread is to show how we punted when the vacuum oven capacity that we had counted on, eluded us, with meds to process backlogged.

To that end, we used a old 22 quart Mirror pressure cooker that was gifted to us, and after removing the gasket, we tossed the lid.

I then drilled a 1/4" pilot hole through the side wall wrapper, about 2.5" below the top flange, followed by a 3/4" bit, to enlarge the hole to fit a 1/4" NPT brass bulkhead fitting.

I then inserted the bulkhead fitting through the side wall from the inside out, installing a gasket on the inside flange, and tightening the nut and lock washer on the outside of the pot.

To this I added a close nipple, a cross, with two 1/4" ball valves, and two 1/4" MPT to 1/4" flare refrigeration hose fitting. One for the vacuum pump and the other for the vacuum gauge hose.

As it is temporary, and we needed it immediately, we reused the existing gasket, and made a new lid out of a 1" X 16" acrylic plate. At -29.9" Hg gauge, there is about 1/16" lid deflection in the middle, so a thicker plate would be better to reduce high cyclic fatigue.
If it were permanent, we would have a new Viton gasket cut by Paramount, or Gaskets Unlimited and use 1 1/2" polycarbonate, for the lid.

Hee, hee, hee, after telling me that they didn't have any, and after having them cut the 1" acrylic plate, I found a 22" X 29" X 1 1/2" Polycarbonate remnant at Multi Craft Plastics, which I scored for $72. It has one 6" hole in one corner, but that is $2/lb for bullet proof polycarbonate panels, like those used at teller windows. Snicker, snark, snort, more projects to come!
Here are pictures showing how we made and how it turned out. We are able to easily control the temperature with an outside hotplate and reduce the pressure to -29.9 with one of our 6.2 cfm single stage AC vacuum pumps:

Profesh! Hey grey wolf how long approximately do you run vac pull for shatter and at what temperature?.. Do I need to release the pull and revac at all.. Thanks master in command!

Graywolf

Graywolf

We make shatter at 115F and -29.5" Hg. Starting from a raw BHO oleoresin, it takes about 30/45 minutes. We just pull it down one time.

G

gone fishing

i went to wal-mart today and i could not find the stainless steel pot you are using glab. what section is it in? i was up and down the aisles, i did pick up 4 sheets of 8x10 lexen.

Top Bottom