Do you still flush?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I do. But this is all predicated on the notion that you have to flush. In my world you don't, and in the agricultural world you don't.

The way I would handle it in this scenario is to feed at very very low rates, especially if you're really in real soil (and not a soilless, but soil-similar media, like coir, Pro-Mix, peat moss or the like, soil is 'mineralized' and that's part and parcel of what makes it soil), starting at 1/8th-1/4 rates. If you do it that way, there's no need for the Florakleen.

I think I have an old bottle down in the basement, too... huh. I don't even remember when I bought it.

I

Insomniac420

See th
Yes, I do. But this is all predicated on the notion that you have to flush. In my world you don't, and in the agricultural world you don't.

The way I would handle it in this scenario is to feed at very very low rates, especially if you're really in real soil (and not a soilless, but soil-similar media, like coir, Pro-Mix, peat moss or the like, soil is 'mineralized' and that's part and parcel of what makes it soil), starting at 1/8th-1/4 rates. If you do it that way, there's no need for the Florakleen.

I think I have an old bottle down in the basement, too... huh. I don't even remember when I bought it.
thats th

Based on the nutrients of fox farm in using I need to flush at some point. Tell me what kind of nutrients do you use?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am now fully organic. But if you do it the way I said, you probably won't need to flush. The only growers I know who are into this flushing thing are pot growers. What's that tell ya?

If you keep feedings low, and water in between, there should be no need to flush.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Hi reading over this, Im been promoting tapering off. now the GH rep and hydro store guys tell me a plant with 200ppm (well water) will not update the nutrients. It also wont drink the water.

So We went like this:
first week.
900ppm
800ppm
600ppm
500ppm
400ppm for the last week.

This will encourage the plant to preform necrosis because its up taking the nutrients in the soil and then its not enough so it then eats its leaves residual nutrients to stay alive.

Plus your pant buds stay healthy!

Im eager to know any ones experience with tapering off. Im in 300 gallon smart pots 20 thousand gallons of soil, amended., we cant flush that at all, its just tens of thousands of gallons, it would be running down the road in a sea of water.,

dan1989

dan1989

Hi reading over this, Im been promoting tapering off. now the GH rep and hydro store guys tell me a plant with 200ppm (well water) will not update the nutrients. It also wont drink the water.

So We went like this:
first week.
900ppm
800ppm
600ppm
500ppm
400ppm for the last week.

This will encourage the plant to preform necrosis because its up taking the nutrients in the soil and then its not enough so it then eats its leaves residual nutrients to stay alive.

Plus your pant buds stay healthy!

Im eager to know any ones experience with tapering off. Im in 300 gallon smart pots 20 thousand gallons of soil, amended., we cant flush that at all, its just tens of thousands of gallons, it would be running down the road in a sea of water.,

I have to agree, taper off then nice slow dry and cure. Only time degrades excess nutes. Shame the guy who asked this hasn't been around for five years or so lol

Top Bottom