Easy method for: re-vegging regenerating

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zombie III

zombie III

cool method. i doubt it works for the reasons u've given tho. cannabis is an annual, so it's usually dying by winter. simulating seasons therefore should not induce perennial growth. but a 48/7 light/dark cycle simulates nothing lol

M

motz

it's doing okay lol.. could be much better, if i had transplanted and gave nutes. I sorta let it go on the back burner it's just chilling a few feet away from my other plants. But it's getting transplanted this week outside for the rest of the season...if by end September it's a good size i'll bring it in and allow it to flower, unless it does that all by itself. i'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure one of the reason it has had small regrowth is because of the original size of the plant and the container size. I'm guessing with big plants once the new leafs start and you give nutes it would have all the right opportunities to grow again.
View attachment 425455

My real hope here is for the bagseed kush reveg. Because that plant after drying and curing had a cereal fruit smell, some watermelon in there. Taste was fruity sour lemon citrus kush, not as strong as lemon floor cleaner tho. If I could reveg that one and clone i'd be happy to pull that off.
View attachment 425456

as you can see both plants are still producing flowers... maybe this will continue to happen until the plant realizes that producing leaf growth (in this case) is more beneficial to its survival, than producing flowers.
A revegged plant always stays in flowering mode at least all the ones I brought back did,100's. There was always single flowers towards the top

INbreed312

INbreed312

I have a variation of water deprivation on outdoor plants with pretty good success.
Harvest the plant and leave a few green sites on each branch. 3 or 4 spots of popcorn and a few leaves works nicely so you have some foliage to judge health by.
By covering the 6' circumference around the base (tarp or panda film) and ensuring no unwanted water gets in, and only feeding it the bare bare minimum water to keep the roots from drying, I have kept whole plots alive all fall/winter, post-harvest, and revived right into reveg in spring.
I never could have done this back east, but in california, this works quite well unless we get torrential rainfall, which has eluded us for about 2 years now. The main thing is keeping them to a minimum on provided h20, and cover the 'foliage' if it is cold out.

derelict

derelict

I have a variation of water deprivation on outdoor plants with pretty good success.
Harvest the plant and leave a few green sites on each branch. 3 or 4 spots of popcorn and a few leaves works nicely so you have some foliage to judge health by.
By covering the 6' circumference around the base (tarp or panda film) and ensuring no unwanted water gets in, and only feeding it the bare bare minimum water to keep the roots from drying, I have kept whole plots alive all fall/winter, post-harvest, and revived right into reveg in spring.
I never could have done this back east, but in california, this works quite well unless we get torrential rainfall, which has eluded us for about 2 years now. The main thing is keeping them to a minimum on provided h20, and cover the 'foliage' if it is cold out.

you've actually done this? i really don't see how this would work. interesting stuff...

INbreed312

INbreed312

Had 6 Grape Punch clones I did this with back in 09'. Worked great. A little larfier in the end than the previous season, but yield was on par. Neglected to mention the light dep time was 4 days for me as well.

M

motz

Works in the Midwest also,have put them in a state of dormancy during the winter in root cellars

canadaseed

canadaseed

sorry misread your post. i'm assuming he uses a 48/7 light/dark cycle for some reason. why i don't get tho. would like to understand the logic behind it.
I was using that light cycle to promote growth yet give the plant some rest but i don't find it's much different than 24/7.

canadaseed

canadaseed

A revegged plant always stays in flowering mode at least all the ones I brought back did,100's. There was always single flowers towards the top
Okay that's good to know because right now they're still growing flowers... I should've transplanted these earlier. from your experience do you find it takes a while before it stops producing flowers?

canadaseed

canadaseed

Reveg s
This is them as of yesterday... Just getting water and light, growing waiting for the Kush (left) to be ready for cloning.

burn4me

burn4me

great post IMO. i was actually kicking myself in the ass for letting clone die of a pheno of one of mine. at first thought oh well but then i saw how she exploded in flower and is so dusted with trichs that i got to try this. thanks for taking time to share this info. +vibes

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
it's doing okay lol.. could be much better, if i had transplanted and gave nutes. I sorta let it go on the back burner it's just chilling a few feet away from my other plants. But it's getting transplanted this week outside for the rest of the season...if by end September it's a good size i'll bring it in and allow it to flower, unless it does that all by itself. i'll see what happens. I'm pretty sure one of the reason it has had small regrowth is because of the original size of the plant and the container size. I'm guessing with big plants once the new leafs start and you give nutes it would have all the right opportunities to grow again.
View attachment 425455

My real hope here is for the bagseed kush reveg. Because that plant after drying and curing had a cereal fruit smell, some watermelon in there. Taste was fruity sour lemon citrus kush, not as strong as lemon floor cleaner tho. If I could reveg that one and clone i'd be happy to pull that off.
View attachment 425456

as you can see both plants are still producing flowers... maybe this will continue to happen until the plant realizes that producing leaf growth (in this case) is more beneficial to its survival, than producing flowers.

That regrowth with single leaves is common for plants or clones that have had a long process of growing from the start.. nice thing is it will grow out of it ...

SunGrown

SunGrown

That regrowth with single leaves is common for plants or clones that have had a long process of growing from the start.. nice thing is it will grow out of it ...
Yeah, they always come out of it with time. I have one of my blue dream crosses out for the full term now that was a seedling back in feb that I flowered in the greenhouse, and since I loved the phenotype so much I chopped all but one or two tiny branches on her and threw her into the main outdoor and now she is a pretty big girl in full veg getting ready to flower for me again! Actually I did that with two BD crosses this year, and they are both beasts now

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
yah as long as u leave some leaves on they come back sometimes doesn't take to long...M

INbreed312

INbreed312

Works in the Midwest also,have put them in a state of dormancy during the winter in root cellars
I grew up in the midwest and could never do it in cellar as there was always frigid cold air sneaking its way in. But that sounds good to me :)

Top Bottom