Edibles Ineffective

• Thread starter Deplorable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I used to say that about myself till i ate this tiny ass cookie i got for free at a dispo like 7years ago that fucked my world up. I then went on a quest to make my own. Now in my circle im known as the daywrecker .
LOL Edibles aint no joke for sure. If done right they can also be very visual. They rock my world for around 4 hours. Thats why I like em. Dont have do do a rip every hour to maintain a good head!!! daywrecker thats too funny. I love me a good wrecked day every now and again. :smoking:

Junk

Junk

I'm generally the same way, it takes very very strong homemade medibles for me to feel anything. I put 3/4g BHO and 1g reclaim into a single batch of fruity pebbles treats, and those were some of the few that actually did it for me. Every time a buddy is like "be careful only eat half" I always eat the whole thing generally with no feeling what so ever
I am also like that and have IBS. It was a mystery for a long time. I think it's mostly bc of this....
Imo, most marketed or store bought products are made weak and labeled more potent than what it actually is. And who knows what's actually inside and how their made.
^^Ditto. Edibles didn't work for me until I started making them myself. And I gave up on trying to figure out amounts. I just make canna butter (don't forget to decarb it first!) and use the butter on whatever. It's actually my favorite way to consume it bc the come up lasts so long as does the peak. No time spent vaping etc. Just eat and go.

But dispensary bought items, I've never felt a thing. I did 400 mg one night determined to feel something...and nothing. A total waste of money on Gummies, brownies, jolly ranchers etc.

But edibles will work for me, I just need to consume a large amount I guess. 1 oz to 4 sticks of butter, and the butter will last me about a month using it 4-5 days a week. Not sure what that works out to dose wise, like I said, I gave up on that method.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just made my coconut oil tincture. 1g cannatonic 4 cbd iso extract, and 1g of darlins net/gg4 mixed bho to 20ml of coconut oil. I absolutely hate and I mean despise coconut. Made this for my after care surgery meds. Tried 1ml last night. Was ok. Will need and will take 1ml every 4-6hrs until finished.

I have some super easy teks on making edibles, butter, and oil, but I use extracts only. Much easier to figure out dosing. And no horrid mj taste or smelly kitchen. Which my patients LOVE.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL Edibles aint no joke for sure. If done right they can also be very visual. They rock my world for around 4 hours. Thats why I like em. Dont have do do a rip every hour to maintain a good head!!! daywrecker thats too funny. I love me a good wrecked day every now and again. :smoking:
Well when ya come to visit the mountains ill wreck a day or 2

King Julien

King Julien

A pot smelling kitchen gets the old lady bitching over here. While she's at work I do my thing.

You should try cooking down a big old stock pot of fan leaves for 12 hours. The first 30 minutes smells like weed with a veggie cooking in the background. The following 11 and a half hours smells like seriously overcooked spinach to the point of making you gag when you walk in the kitchen and aren't expecting it. But when you don't have meds and have an abundance of fan leaves and nothing better to do for an entire afternoon and evening then why not.

The first time I did it the Mrs. came home and thought I had fallen asleep while boiling broccoli.

I've also made a couple batches of edibles with BHO and I gotta say the taste was definitely the best I've ever had. Had a lot of terpenes in it though so by itself it had quite a flavor but it all but disappeared upon cooking with it.

One way I recently tried edibles was making buttered noodles. Simple and fast dose for a quick lunch. Then out of boredom a couple days later I threw a couple or few doses that had sunflower lecithin in them in some ramen noodles. The butter emulsified with the water and make a thick sauce thanks to the lecithin.

Talk about POW! Those hot noodles with all that hot emulsified butter sauce. Crawled up on you as you were eating it fast through simple sublingual absorption. Kept breaking out into giggles while I was eating it. Had trouble finishing it I was so high by the time I got 2/3rds of the way through it. Highest I'd been from edibles in a long time.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Twas the lecithin that did the trick. It has long been known by chocolate and candy mfgrs that it allows for a quicker blood brain transition and it hits the "bliss point" (food industry lingo) So when you make edibles with it in it it clears the highway for a better quicker connection to your cb1 receptors in your endo-cannibinoid system. :D

Junk

Junk

I absolutely hate and I mean despise coconut.
Ditto again. I can't force it down if I try. It even surpasses canned tuna for me. Loathe, detest and abhor are other words that come to mind about coconut.
Twas the lecithin that did the trick. It has long been known by chocolate and candy mfgrs that it allows for a quicker blood brain transition and it hits the "bliss point" (food industry lingo) So when you make edibles with it in it it clears the highway for a better quicker connection to your cb1 receptors in your endo-cannibinoid system. :D
I didn't know this...I will have to look up ways to incorporate it...

Smerb

Smerb

The egg yolk of substances(lecithin)
You should try cooking down a big old stock pot of fan leaves for 12 hours. The first 30 minutes smells like weed with a veggie cooking in the background. The following 11 and a half hours smells like seriously overcooked spinach to the point of making you gag when you walk in the kitchen and aren't expecting it. But when you don't have meds and have an abundance of fan leaves and nothing better to do for an entire afternoon and evening then why not.

The first time I did it the Mrs. came home and thought I had fallen asleep while boiling broccoli.

I've also made a couple batches of edibles with BHO and I gotta say the taste was definitely the best I've ever had. Had a lot of terpenes in it though so by itself it had quite a flavor but it all but disappeared upon cooking with it.

One way I recently tried edibles was making buttered noodles. Simple and fast dose for a quick lunch. Then out of boredom a couple days later I threw a couple or few doses that had sunflower lecithin in them in some ramen noodles. The butter emulsified with the water and make a thick sauce thanks to the lecithin.

Talk about POW! Those hot noodles with all that hot emulsified butter sauce. Crawled up on you as you were eating it fast through simple sublingual absorption. Kept breaking out into giggles while I was eating it. Had trouble finishing it I was so high by the time I got 2/3rds of the way through it. Highest I'd been from edibles in a long time.
Homogenized right. More herbs in the body

stiffneck

stiffneck

When I make bubblehash I just throw the spent flowers out on the mulch pile.... Last time I made butter I threw the spent flowers on the mulch... I usually throw it in the trash as I don't want the dogs to get into it and overmedicate but alas I was medicated meself....

I caught my dog before he got a couple bites.... MAN i felt bad... that dog was FUCKED up beyond belief. He did not move for 2 days solid. Then he had problems walking around after that...
Funny thing is after this experience he is a much mellower dog. Love my dogs....
So yeah.... THAT happened. :)[/ATTACH]
19944555 1977238765623342 4464135450578041724 o

19905370 1977239182289967 4964690604404599144 n
D

Deplorable

When I make bubblehash I just throw the spent flowers out on the mulch pile.... Last time I made butter I threw the spent flowers on the mulch... I usually throw it in the trash as I don't want the dogs to get into it and overmedicate but alas I was medicated meself....

I caught my dog before he got a couple bites.... MAN i felt bad... that dog was FUCKED up beyond belief. He did not move for 2 days solid. Then he had problems walking around after that...
Funny thing is after this experience he is a much mellower dog. Love my dogs....
So yeah.... THAT happened. :)[/ATTACH] View attachment 745346

That poor fluffball. I make sure my big dog stays away. I don't need a stoned our German shepherd.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Yeah I felt really bad. A crumb off a cookie is one thing. This I am sure he did NOT enjoy.
I am sure we have ALL been there.....

King Julien

King Julien

I started using sunflower lecithin a couple years ago and it definitely seemed to make a difference. I still don't get hit anywhere near as hard as I used to though before the e coli infection. The one thing I notice for sure without lecithin is that the edibles take WAY longer to hit me if I leave it out.

Yeah I felt really bad. A crumb off a cookie is one thing. This I am sure he did NOT enjoy.
I am sure we have ALL been there.....

Had a friend whose dog got into the trash while he was gone, which was the first time it had ever done it, and ate some old edibles he had thrown away. It ate something like 6 heavy doses for a full grown person so I know it was messed up. That and it couldn't walk or focus it's eyes for a full day and a half. Scared the owner but it eventually sobered back up and was fine.

And while I do feel bad for that poor doggie when I see that last picture all I can think is "I can see the universe!"

stiffneck

stiffneck

Haha yeah he was seeing shit for sure. The poor dog was so fucked up while immobile laying there for two days he pissed himself all over the floor. Didn't move at all. I cleaned up the mess I caused and when he finally came around gave him a long bath and apologised. I fucking love that dog more than myself. Haha he sleeps on our bed! Wife does not care for that at all but Hey.... he's my Friend.

D

Deplorable

AS long as I don't make cannabis sausage I should be OK. I've had dogs snatch the damndest things off counters. Last shepherd licked all the icing off the side of the cake sitting on a counter. It was on a lazy susan. Or found them in my chair eating my meal. Hell I have one dog that eats rocks.

D

Deplorable

I started using sunflower lecithin a couple years ago and it definitely seemed to make a difference. I still don't get hit anywhere near as hard as I used to though before the e coli infection. The one thing I notice for sure without lecithin is that the edibles take WAY longer to hit me if I leave it out.

Had a friend whose dog got into the trash while he was gone, which was the first time it had ever done it, and ate some old edibles he had thrown away. It ate something like 6 heavy doses for a full grown person so I know it was messed up. That and it couldn't walk or focus it's eyes for a full day and a half. Scared the owner but it eventually sobered back up and was fine.

And while I do feel bad for that poor doggie when I see that last picture all I can think is "I can see the universe!"
I'm going to try the lecithin tip. I'm not up for eating 2 bags of fries everytime I want to eat an edible. For me - tincture will be the holy grail. Winter project.

And I wasnt going all PETA on you. We got some pets pretty messed up when we were kids. Many moons ago.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Not much of a recipe... make the butter in the MBM2 and then make some cookies and or slap that butter in my coffee...

I think it was more than 4 ounces I put into the MBM2 for two pounds of butter. I decarb the buds... no leaf or such just flowers... then PACK the MBM2 a little past the full line they have there... then strain that and put that butter into ice cube trays....

When I make cookies I just eye the butter out and use maybe a little more than what you would use for regular cookies.... these cookies are fucking strong... will lay you out. I swear it's the only way I can get a Solid nights sleep....

I give my dogs some because I love my dogs... I will give them a Crumb... like the size of half a silver dime.... and they sleep all day....

How much was the MBM2? I think I paid $175 for it. I also Won another one off facebook. I traded it to some guy for some seeds he said were cup winners.... yeah i got taken on that deal nothing sprouted....
you should talk to @gravekat303 , he knows what he's talkin about, just don't let him drive when you sesh.

stiffneck

stiffneck

you should talk to @gravekat303 , he knows what he's talkin about, just don't let him drive when you sesh.
Yeah man I will try to talk to the guy and see what's up... I like my edibles to take me someplace... psychedelic space trip man that's what I am after...

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
AS long as I don't make cannabis sausage I should be OK. I've had dogs snatch the damndest things off counters. Last shepherd licked all the icing off the side of the cake sitting on a counter. It was on a lazy susan. Or found them in my chair eating my meal. Hell I have one dog that eats rocks.
LOL thats funny, my daughter had a Pit that chewed and worried rocks all day long. Strangest thing Id ever seen. Got to a point where the darn dog was chipping its teeth. :(

Top Bottom