EMPLOY H&T for inducing SAR

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
click80

click80

Yeppers, getting ready to put clones in Hugo's now, ph'ing water at the moment, then will plug in clones, which are amazingly healthy. They came from the moms I treated twice with the H'pin, once foliar, once root drench. I don't know how much of this health can be attributed to the Hpin, although I have read statements from nurseries that state they have observed fairly rapid onset of action. I really enjoy doing these experiments. I cannot really do a side by side right now because of some limiting factors that would make it kind of meaningless. I have two strains going in three tables, the strain that I have enough of to fill two of the tables are going in different mediums, which is not an end all but I just feel like treating them all anyway since I know it cannot do anything but help, and I need all the help i can find right now. I want an Aeroflo and then a UC system badly....that's a big motivator, haha, I have grown one strain enough times that I will know without a doubt if it does better. It's Deathstar. Probably the hardiest strain I have ever grown. It takes all my abuse and keeps on yeilding ;o)

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

Thank you for the great info. Do you have any experience or predictions about how treatment will affect plants under attack from root aphids? Will the resistance kick in and boost them or would they already be on "full alert"?

click80

click80

Thank you for the great info. Do you have any experience or predictions about how treatment will affect plants under attack from root aphids? Will the resistance kick in and boost them or would they already be on "full alert"?

I am pretty sure I read that best response came from healthy plants...buts that's a no-brainer. Off the top of my head I think you're right, you would not get the optimal results until your plant has not already dipped into the genetic thing to activate it's regular SAR. I wish I had time to look this up as I was wondering the same thing before I got it because I thought i would have fungus gnat larvae damage going on. Fortunately I found out I was using the wrong dosage of Microbelift and got rid of them before it became a problem.

I think it would depend on whether the receptors activated by the Harpin are special and/or different from what normally brings on a plants pre-programmed SAR. I know that's no help, but if you want to follow up yourself, that is a path maybe to take. I will follow up on this when I have time but that will probably not help you out much, it sounds like you need to know now.

I did find out that the nursery I ordered it from inserts their own little additional instructions and if you do what they say it can keep up to a year, also they use less than half the label recommended dosage.

My point is that the 2 ounce pack goes a long ways, by their directions and if you were going to order it anyway maybe give it a go? Unless you specifically want it to help the plant under attack. I mean by the prices of some stuff, this was fairly cheap. I just had to order new nutes....get's depressing how they some of the companies take advantage of us.

sorry not much help...did give me an excuse to take trimming break ;o)

T

THC123

Thank you for all of the info on Harpins, I recently purchased axiom harpin proteins (after reading about it online) which seems to be the newest version of Harpin Proteins on the market. They works great, but looking to use it for my cuttings. anyone have any ideas on how this can be used? foliar or dip solution?

click80

click80

I used mine as a dip on clones as I remember. I have since found that I can induce the same response with timing a water stress with foliar of ACT with just worm castings and Caps bennies. I found nothing earth shattering about the Harpins. This is in retrospect now. I find much better steady results, in soil, with EWC and molasses in an actively aerated compost tea with some Alaskan Humisoil, and using your choice of beneficials. I prefer Caps obviously, they are a known quantity to me. The only other one I would maybe recommend is Great White for steady quality.

click80

click80

Okay, I am using the newest Harpin proteins from RX solutions. It's a better product now. Well worth the 35 bucks for three packs. I made one pack, enough for one gallon, stretch far enough to cover 24 plants that were vegged for one month. Instructions are to use it three times and I am getting one of the best looking grows ever, although I am also using some new teas.

J

Jalisco Kid

Giving a plant a product to help kick in the immune response I do not believe you should look at the plants for physical differences, but the overall health of your grow. Pics of side by side grows can be a deceiving as I want to make them. I use one product to help deliver more calcium,it works. Now if I was to believe in their side by side pics I would wonder why I do not have 4 to 5 times the amount of flowers as the product advertises. Me taking vitamins might help my overall health and immune system but it will not get me all buffed out like I was on steroids. Harpin helps, it really works better when I mix it with fulvic acid. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom