Eriophyid mites-the hemp russet mite

• Thread starter altimood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

All good advice and the hydro store makes $$ on what they sell.

fyi, The helpful people at the hydro store can sell you SNS products rather than IC3 or a DIY essential oil blend and then help themselves to more $$.

So if you want (or anyone else) to save some $$, here is a breakdown of the ingredients in a few products.

comparison of the ingredients:

SNS-203

• Clove Oil1.5%

• Rosemary Oi l0.53%

• Polyglyceryl Oleate 0.6%

• Lauric Acid 0.11%

----

ic3 insecticide is
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
% COMPOSITION
Rosemary Oil
Geraniol
Peppermint Oil

-------

Best bang for the buck, due to % of oils, looks to be the build a soil essential oil blend.
----

6 oil blend. $45.00 for 8 oz.

http://buildasoil.com/products/essential-oil-blend
This 8 Ounce Bottle of oil will mix with water to make about 16 Gallons of foliar spray.
Compare to over $50 per gallon with the other products on the market.
27.77% Rosemary Oil - Camphor Type - Spain (a-pinene: 27.5%, Camphene: 12.9%, Mircene: 4.0%, Limonene: 3.4%, 1.8-Cineol: 15.8%, Camphor: 18.1%, Linalool: 0.6%)
27.77% Eucalyptus Oil - Blue Malle - Australia (1,8-Cineole % (m/m): 92.17, a-Pinene % (m/m): 1.44, b-Pinene % (m/m): 0.83, Sabinene % (m/m): 0.10, a-Phellandrene % (m/m): 0.09, Limonene % (m/m): 1.26)
27.77% Lemongrass oil - India (myrcene, citronellal, geranyl acetate, nerol, geraniol, neral and traces of limonene and citral)
5.55% Thyme - Red Thymol - Spain (a-thujone, a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, p-cymene, a-terpinene, linalool, borneol, b-caryophyllene, thymol and carvacrol.)
5.55% Clove - Stem - Madagascar (Eugenol...........94.73, Beta-caryophyllene...3.63%, Acetate d'eugenyle....0.78%)
5.55% Ginger - India (Ginger is high in Citral along with 477 other constituents)
When choosing the blend I went with the oils most often mentioned for potency with Mites, Mildews, Molds and our General Purposes for Indoor Gardening. Out of the list of possible oils I also chose the most affordable oils over the most expensive so long as the reports indicate they were equally effective for our use. Once I found the most potent and economical oils, I then took the selection a step further and chose the region and type of oil that was highest in the particular constituents we were after. For instance, Clove Oil could be from several regions and also from different parts of the plant. I chose Clove Stem because it showed the highest amount of Eugenol of the other varieties of clove oil.
-------

sm-90 contains sulfur in the oils. coriander, canola oil.

(Not positive but the triethanolamine may be to help the oils and water mix, due to the sulphur content)

OIL OF CORIANDER 1% CAS Number: 8008-52-4
MODIFIED CANOLA OIL 3% CAS Number: N/A
TRIETHANOLAMINE 5% CAS Number: 102-71-6

I got all the % from the MSDS of each product.

Hope that helps save some $$.
Your making this?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Yeah and it's working like the green clean insecticide? Just organically?
Yes, quite a few commercial pesticide products contain essential oils. Many chemical products are copies of plant extracts as well. Tons of stuff is made from plants or copies of there elements.
Some info on how the insects have receptors that humans do not.

-----
Essentria IC3 is an insecticide emulsifiable concentrate that kills insects on contact. The botanical active ingredients include rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and geraniol (found in many essential oils). These all-natural ingredients act as octopamine blockers on target pests, disrupting the neurotransmitter function in target insects and causing a breakdown in the insects’ central nervous system. Because mammals, birds, and fish do not have receptors for octopamine, botanical oils are very safe to use in a variety of situations without adverse effects. Essentria IC3 Insecticide Concentrate kills insects on contact either with direct spray or with the residual left after the application has dried.
----
attached a study on thyme/clove oil.

View attachment THYME_CLOVEOIL.pdf
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Yes, quite a few commercial pesticide products contain essential oils. Many chemical products are copies of plant extracts as well. Tons of stuff is made from plants or copies of there elements.
Some info on how the insects have receptors that humans do not.

-----
Essentria IC3 is an insecticide emulsifiable concentrate that kills insects on contact. The botanical active ingredients include rosemary oil, peppermint oil, and geraniol (found in many essential oils). These all-natural ingredients act as octopamine blockers on target pests, disrupting the neurotransmitter function in target insects and causing a breakdown in the insects’ central nervous system. Because mammals, birds, and fish do not have receptors for octopamine, botanical oils are very safe to use in a variety of situations without adverse effects. Essentria IC3 Insecticide Concentrate kills insects on contact either with direct spray or with the residual left after the application has dried.
----
attached a study on thyme/clove oil.
The stuff I'm seeing says it's made from soybean oil and rosemary I think and also other things I'm sure

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

It's called "green clean" it's 29.99 to make four gallons it kills mites and eggs on contact and also neutralizes PM

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

What product?
Soybean oil and also rosemary are very effective. Soyanara was a product that used soybean oil. Pretty sure it was taken off the market in USA.
^^^^^^^ I'm pretty sure it's also ISO hit with Epsom salts and another ingredient that's beyond me at the moment.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What product?
Soybean oil and also rosemary are very effective. Soyanara was a product that used soybean oil. Pretty sure it was taken off the market in USA.
That explains why, after the first bottle a friend shared with me, I was never able to find it again. Worked pretty well for the PM I was treating at the time.
It's called "green clean" it's 29.99 to make four gallons it kills mites and eggs on contact and also neutralizes PM
Gotta look into this.
^^^^^^^ I'm pretty sure it's also ISO hit with Epsom salts and another ingredient that's beyond me at the moment.
?? Let us know when you remember! (Whatever it is.)

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

That explains why, after the first bottle a friend shared with me, I was never able to find it again. Worked pretty well for the PM I was treating at the time.

Gotta look into this.

?? Let us know when you remember! (Whatever it is.)
Here you go! I dont have bugs but did a little pre treat Just in case! smells like rosemary even though its not listed.
IMG 1456
IMG 1460
IMG 1461
IMG 1459

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
30 bucks for corn and soybean oil.
I didnt know there was such a thing as non gmo soybean oil
That must be why it cost so much :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Same for non-GM corn, Ken. But dig this, they've got more than the oils as active ingredients. You know who uses iso to control spider mites, right? And that soapbark, think it's got saponins in it, maybe? And the MgSO4, why that's Epsom salt! Sodium chloride is plain old table salt--can you say osmotic pressure? Interesting.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Here you go! I dont have bugs but did a little pre treat Just in case! smells like rosemary even though its not listed.View attachment 435822 View attachment 435823 View attachment 435825 View attachment 435826
Damn, the rep just gave us a tons of this with different labels, older labels. What we've found on this product.... works well for PM but not the best product for mites. Shake the shit out of it before use because the oil in it can burn your plants.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I just dunked the clones I got underwater in it made the whole bottle into 2 gallons.

Did I just waste a whole lot of money?

Ive never had any bugs and when I did treat them in the one instance The guy had me spray Avid. I was just trying to get piece of mind I think the clones I got are more than clean, and were just treated with neem oil.

So is there a more effective cheap way to make this and can someone help me make a homebrew of this recipe? It seems to do the trick.

@Seamaiden did you mean ISOtonic pressure? Or OSmotic? what is oso tonic? or what did you mean buy that? I guess If what your saying that mite have a Impermable membrane and this utilizes something that tricks the mite?

Last edited:
N

nightmarecreature

Dont waste your time, Ive used everything under the sun and nothing works as good as Conserve SC. Conserve kills any and every bug, mites, root aphid, thrips, you name it. Its not very toxic and has knock down killing power like Avid without having to worry about getting sick.

Dont bother with Captain Jacks or Montery, they dont work.

I use Ogbiowar regularly but it has nothing on the Conserve. Same thing, Met is a joke compared to Conserve. Im just trying to help people and save them time and money.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Dont waste your time, Ive used everything under the sun and nothing works as good as Conserve SC. Conserve kills any and every bug, mites, root aphid, thrips, you name it. Its not very toxic and has knock down killing power like Avid without having to worry about getting sick.

Dont bother with Captain Jacks or Montery, they dont work.

I use Ogbiowar regularly but it has nothing on the Conserve. Same thing, Met is a joke compared to Conserve. Im just trying to help people and save them time and money.
Link?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I just dunked the clones I got underwater in it made the whole bottle into 2 gallons.

Did I just waste a whole lot of money?

Ive never had any bugs and when I did treat them in the one instance The guy had me spray Avid. I was just trying to get piece of mind I think the clones I got are more than clean, and were just treated with neem oil.

So is there a more effective cheap way to make this and can someone help me make a homebrew of this recipe? It seems to do the trick.

@Seamaiden did you mean ISOtonic pressure? Or OSmotic? what is oso tonic? or what did you mean buy that? I guess If what your saying that mite have a Impermable membrane and this utilizes something that tricks the mite?
I meant osmotic, but perhaps that's not applicable. I have no idea what osotonic is without looking it up. Look up osmotic pressure. ;)

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

I meant osmotic, but perhaps that's not applicable. I have no idea what osotonic is without looking it up. Look up osmotic pressure. ;)
Thats what I thought you meant I am just confused how that applies to mites? Do they Have a membrane that cannot be breached by water so they trick it with Iso and make it more abbrasive? with the salts and stuff?

Latest posts

Top Bottom