Experimental 2KW G13 4' X 8' SCROG

• Thread starter DrFeelGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
St3ve

St3ve

Nice work there DFG.. so are those numbers GPW or #'s?

Good luck on the next run as well, can wait to see it.

D

DrFeelGood

Nice work there DFG.. so are those numbers GPW or #'s?

Good luck on the next run as well, can wait to see it.

Elbows bro. Thanks for showing support through this run. I can't wait to see the numbers on the G, I'm hoping 3.5 + for final numbers, it can only get better from here. I have learned quite a bit from this run indeed.

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

sounds like a good plan to me doc.
keep up the real enlightning work of yours

have a cool day

D

DrFeelGood

Here are pictures of the three remaining ladies in the room... The grand total even with all of my mistakes on the G-13:banana1sv6:

G-13 - 4.03! Not a bad run at all being that A) it was root bound, B) I did the weird pushing the nutes hard and composting frequently, and C) the screens weren't full. I think my original calculations are still definitely feasible still in a perfect run. This is my first girl to crack the 2/1kw ratio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dancing Rabbits for Abek666- :icon_animal26::icon_animal26::icon_animal26:

Dr FG

Colorado Cough Finished 111111
Vanilla Cough Finished 1 111111
Vanilla Cough Finished 2 111111
phenotyper

phenotyper

Wow, excellent yield, especially given the circumstances. This was such an amazing thread to watch progress. I cannot wait to see future experiments.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Damn Doc!! that's a lot of medication bruh, you nailed it.....2 P's a light is an excellent yield.

D

DrFeelGood

Wow, excellent yield, especially given the circumstances. This was such an amazing thread to watch progress. I cannot wait to see future experiments.

Heck yea goodstuff

Damn Doc!! that's a lot of medication bruh, you nailed it.....2 P's a light is an excellent yield.

Thanks guys! I think it is an amazing yield which could be 50% more amazing potentially. 2 per 1KW light with a single plant is still something I have not seen anyone else do, so I consider it a major achievement that can still be even more impressive in the future. It is the development of a new technique and will require playing with the parameters but I now have a solid foundation!

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

uhhh do you have pics of the total dry harvest from your g13 would be nice to see it in its whole glory hehe nice outcome anyway

have fun^^

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
hey Dr FG, Ive been lurking in this thread since the begining as i dont post much lately but i just wanted to say TY for this thread! u really opened my eyes on maximizing yield while keeping plant numbers down. I grow trees now but have started expermenting with scrogs. i used to think in terms of vertical or horizontial x axis vs. y axis, but never combining them for the highest yield! thnx man!

Confu...

D

DrFeelGood

uhhh do you have pics of the total dry harvest from your g13 would be nice to see it in its whole glory hehe nice outcome anyway

have fun^^

This is what is left (I already made one batch of Phoenix Tears tincture, so psyched to have my medicine again!) in 2 gallon jars they usually only hold .7-.8 on average but the G is more dense and they hold a bit over 1.25 each :-) The Phoenix Tears from the G are excellent for pain I must say!

Dr FG

PS Somebody earlier in this thread expected that this was going to produce "hella popcorn" and it did produce lots of it but it was all super dense. I will have to significantly thin the branches next time so that they won't be over crowded.

G Jars 001
G Jars 002
D

DrFeelGood

hey Dr FG, Ive been lurking in this thread since the begining as i dont post much lately but i just wanted to say TY for this thread! u really opened my eyes on maximizing yield while keeping plant numbers down. I grow trees now but have started expermenting with scrogs. i used to think in terms of vertical or horizontial x axis vs. y axis, but never combining them for the highest yield! thnx man!

Confu...

Glad to be of service :-) This experiment definitely taught me that the vertical screens are an excellent addition!:pimp:

Dr FG

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Damn Dr.!

That was one awesome grow. What was the total time from inception to harvest? 1 year?

Also, on your next round have you thought of a bowl shaped screen to keep the screen equidistant to the light at all places?

+1 Nice job man.

D

DrFeelGood

Damn Dr.!

That was one awesome grow. What was the total time from inception to harvest? 1 year?

Also, on your next round have you thought of a bowl shaped screen to keep the screen equidistant to the light at all places?

+1 Nice job man.

I am guessing in the 9 month range or so because she was a mother before I thought of this experiment. As a mother she just kept getting cut back and I did not feed her much because I was trying to keep her from getting too big. It would have been possible in 6 months it seems, if I wasn't stalling her on purpose. But the real application is the smaller 3X3 to 4X4 screen with the 1 foot vertical screens which should be able to be done in 4-5 months. As far as the equidistant bowl shaped screen idea it would work but you will loose some total surface area with that shape so potential yield will go down. Technically you could build a cylinder shaped equidistant screen all the way around a bare bulb or reflector-less cool tube but due to the fact that you would only have one centralized point of entry of the plant into the screen the distance from the point of entry to the furthest point on the screen will be much greater which is the thing that will lead to much greater veg times. I truly believe that this is the best shape possible for this technique!

Dr FG

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

wow one of the best threads I have read on the farm amazing work bro,that is some real skill and dedication Im sure pruning her was alot of work anyways much respect for this post:pimp:

D

DrFeelGood

wow one of the best threads I have read on the farm amazing work bro,that is some real skill and dedication Im sure pruning her was alot of work anyways much respect for this post:pimp:

Thank you for the kind words :-) hahaha! This did not work out to my hopeful calculations yet, but given that it turned out this well with the several mistakes that I made I still think the calculated yields are possible and this was still in my mind a very successful run for trying a new technique for the first time... :banana1sv6:

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

The two remaining plants which were Cough and Vanilla Cough came in at 1.51 and 1.63 respectively.

Dr FG

M

mrinsulator

just read the whole thread, start to finish, really impressed.........shame it didnt come out quite how you hoped , but still very well done, you have started me thinking about scrogs now...hmmmm........cant wait to see what your up to next.

Top Bottom