First Ever Grow, No Til, Documenting Every Learning Step

• Thread starter FutureGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

Alright, can I ask everyone for a general overall consensus of 3 no til books? One preferably a dumbed down version so I can comprehend the other 2?

Also in the meantime of me learning general consensus of best soil / amendments basics ? I’m willing to toss anything I already bought to prevent future headaches

brazel

brazel

Alright, can I ask everyone for a general overall consensus of 3 no til books? One preferably a dumbed down version so I can comprehend the other 2?

Also in the meantime of me learning general consensus of best soil / amendments basics ? I’m willing to toss anything I already bought to prevent future headaches
Grape grows on ig wrote a book, get it.

There's only one simple no till book and grape grow is the one who wrote it

brazel

brazel

What products do you have

Organikz

Organikz

@brazel is back. Haha.

Fungus gnat larvae bother roots on plants because they eat the same fungus that benefits your plants by living on the roots. They actually outcompete fungus eating nematodes therefore the predatory nematodes who eat these fungus eating nematodes, disturbing the predatory nematodes who eat these other predatory nematodes, disturbing the larger predatory nematodes who pray on smaller predatory nematodes and fungus gnat larvae...and so on. This disturbs the whole cycle. Cover crop should come later IMO once you have developed a good food soil web. Why the absolute need for cover crop?

brazel

brazel

@brazel is back. Haha.

Fungus gnat larvae bother roots on plants because they eat the same fungus that benefits your plants by living on the roots. They actually outcompete fungus eating nematodes therefore the predatory nematodes who eat these fungus eating nematodes, disturbing the predatory nematodes who eat these other predatory nematodes, disturbing the larger predatory nematodes who pray on smaller predatory nematodes and fungus gnat larvae...and so on. This disturbs the whole cycle. Cover crop should come later IMO once you have developed a good food soil web. Why the absolute need for cover crop?
Remove your cover crop and tell me how the fungus gnat level dropped from that... open invitation!

The cover crop is key to SFW and the soil, plant. nitrogen fixers another plant on the fungi network, provides structure to soil, less watering.... etc... You know this, why you think different?

Organikz

Organikz

Okay I'm taking your word @brazel . I have a whole bag of crimson clover I'm about to drop. Hope I don't get blown up. You haven't steered me wrong yet

Organikz

Organikz

Your info has always been solid. I keep accidentally clicking that f****** primordial Solutions link

brazel

brazel

idk i just like to do a light neem oil mist across the mulch with leftovers
Word, I'd say you wouldn't want too prolong the decaying process.
Neem is good though, I've never really sprayed on my soil though, I don't have a reason why. I've just always used neem meal for soil.

Top Bottom