First Ever Grow, White Widow Auto Flower

• Thread starter emanymton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

emanymton

I am about to start my first grow ever. I set up a 2x2x4 tent with a 400w mars2 led light. There is a 4 inch inline fan with carbon filter, speed is controllable. I have a hygrocheck for checking humidity. I will be using fabric smart pots, 3 gallon. Also have a small desk fan to create fake wind. Seeds are white widow auto flower. They are soaking now. Any and all advice welcome.

First ever grow white widow auto flower
First ever grow white widow auto flower 2
First ever grow white widow auto flower 3
Hendrix

Hendrix

I am about to start my first grow ever. I set up a 2x2x4 tent with a 400w mars2 led light. There is a 4 inch inline fan with carbon filter, speed is controllable. I have a hygrocheck for checking humidity. I will be using fabric smart pots, 3 gallon. Also have a small desk fan to create fake wind. Seeds are white widow auto flower. They are soaking now. Any and all advice welcome.
Now is the perfect time to start a WW auto diary. I grow 2 of them among others on every grow, so I have fresh Widow every 9 weeks or so. You will learn a lot from the widow so study her every change and document it. Enjoy your grow.
I will try and post a picture of the 2 that are growing, all the pistils are white.

E

emanymton

Well met hendrix. The seeds will be out of the glass and into the paper towel as soon as I get home. Do the plants really stay around 50 cm (1.7 feet)?

E

emanymton

Seeds have been in paper towel for about 6 hours now. Has not cracked yet. Seeds came from another source today so if some of the white widow don't pop I will use the space for either ganga dwarf or light of jah. Any idea which would grow better along with the widow?

visajoe1

visajoe1

Well met hendrix. The seeds will be out of the glass and into the paper towel as soon as I get home. Do the plants really stay around 50 cm (1.7 feet)?
You'll find out soon ;) You'll want to LST, top, and defol probably so you can control the height.

E

emanymton

Three out of five seeds have cracked and are showing start of tap root. One has cracked but no root yet. One may be a dud, or maybe it's just taking longer. Will check after work.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have heard both sides, some say don't defoliate, some say lollypop, some say don't top, some say top, some say don't transplant, some say transplant is ok if done at the right time. Ime there aren't very many experts on autos and even the self proclaimed experts may not know what they are talking about and just like to sound smart. Id like to try side by side with identical auto seeds maybe two tents of 5, one tent have the topped trained and transplanted plants and one have autos that werent messed with.
Ime all of my plant respond well, have growth spurts, after being damaged.

E

emanymton

I have heard both sides, some say don't defoliate, some say lollypop, some say don't top, some say top, some say don't transplant, some say transplant is ok if done at the right time. Ime there aren't very many experts on autos and even the self proclaimed experts may not know what they are talking about and just like to sound smart. Id like to try side by side with identical auto seeds maybe two tents of 5, one tent have the topped trained and transplanted plants and one have autos that werent messed with.
Ime all of my plant respond well, have growth spurts, after being damaged.
This being my first grow, I'm thinking I may stick to light lst. If anything. I figure enough can go wrong first time around due to my ignorance. I have read alot, but nothing replaces experience (which is why I came here ☺ The funny thing is, from what I have seen, no one agrees on anything, it seems both everything and nothing will hurt a plant.

dan1989

dan1989

Hey that'll save me over 800$ every 2 months and change, since I usually buy a half o at a time. That amount should be enough for my needs.

Then let the good times roll! Learned the hard way with buying cheap LED lights. I was looking for yield... Not gonna happen for less than £1200. I was looking at a 800w solar storm by California light works, it's 1200 for an ex demo model. You get what you pay for I guess...

E

emanymton

I was somewhat worried about going led, however, I have heard good things about the mars 2 series. Probably only compares to a 250-300 w hps, but for a 2x2 that should be sufficient, and not likely to over heat tent. If I can get anywhere near 100 grams a cycle, I will be happy since the avg auto takes 70 days seed to harvest. I doubt my first grow will hit that mark however, since I am a total noob.

E

emanymton

So the seeds have been planted. 4 out of 5 germed. The tap roots looked pretty meh, so we'll see how many are viable.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I too am taking much interest in COB lighting. Some of the yields people are getting is amazing

I think cob lighting is best for most tent setups because of light dispersion and flexibility with setup. If you have the space, quantum boards (QB) may be your best bet. QB doesnt spread the light though, in my understanding, it goes straight down. So, you literally need to cover your entire canopy with QB or add some cobs to it. Either setup can give you the same ppfd of a HID setup for nearly half the wattage.

Top Bottom