First Time Grower. Looking For Insight And Learning Opportunities

• Thread starter cannabeard1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannabeard1

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, and new to growing. A passing comment from my girl has sparked this whole journey for me. I have been doing as much research as I could possibly do over the past few weeks.

I have gathered a rough outline of what I will need and how this seemingly very difficult task works.

I have ordered a few auto strains from the single seed centre ( Prohibition state so my options for seeds are limited ). I am sorta using the seeds as my goal timer I would like to be ready to go when the seeds arrive.

So far this is what I've got:
•2.2'x1.7'x5.7' Poly garden tool style shed going into our master bath /closet.
•x8 23w 6500k Cfls. Ive decided to stick with cfls for now but i do plan on either swapping 4 6500s for 2700s or doing 8 6500s for veg and then swapping all for 2700s for flower

What I need/still working on:
•I'm skimping on any sort of cfl fixture for now. And using extension cords and socket adapters for power
•I plan on some light seal work with great stuff spray. I will line with mylar blankets and reflective tape to futher light proof and seal.
•For ventilation I figured one or two AC infinity 120mm Axiel 120v AC 110 CFM should suffice with a couple maybe 2 inch passive intake holes. My room is about 21 cubic feet.
•We are renting our home with kids so carbon filters are a must. I plan on making a filter via the much available diy help. Figured this would at least double my CFM goal so i estimated 50 Cfm then with any heat or humidity issues the rest of the 110 cfm rated fan should cover me...right?
•I would like to use fabric pots but since i am in a small space, and in my closet, would spill be something i should consider?
•Soil and Nutes I still havent settled on a plan for. Maybe since I'm doing only a small auto grow just a simple cheap organic hot soil. Costs would be a big factor here as ive seen the going rate on some nute lines.
•As far as monitoring goes ill be getting some cheap thermometer with RH and a wire probe, so i can hang that wire right at canopy height. As well as a cheap PH reader and PH up and down of course.

So thats what i have so far. Any and all input or tips are welcomed! I am planning on continuing a journal of some sort for my grow so if anyone would be interested in helping an enthusiastic young grower when i get up and running it would be greatly appreciated.

First time grower looking for insight and learning opportunities
First time grower looking for insight and learning opportunities 2
Monster762

Monster762

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum, and new to growing. A passing comment from my girl has sparked this whole journey for me. I have been doing as much research as I could possibly do over the past few weeks.

I have gathered a rough outline of what I will need and how this seemingly very difficult task works.

I have ordered a few auto strains from the single seed centre ( Prohibition state so my options for seeds are limited ). I am sorta using the seeds as my goal timer I would like to be ready to go when the seeds arrive.

So far this is what I've got:
•2.2'x1.7'x5.7' Poly garden tool style shed going into our master bath /closet.
•x8 23w 6500k Cfls. Ive decided to stick with cfls for now but i do plan on either swapping 4 6500s for 2700s or doing 8 6500s for veg and then swapping all for 2700s for flower

What I need/still working on:
•I'm skimping on any sort of cfl fixture for now. And using extension cords and socket adapters for power
•I plan on some light seal work with great stuff spray. I will line with mylar blankets and reflective tape to futher light proof and seal.
•For ventilation I figured one or two AC infinity 120mm Axiel 120v AC 110 CFM should suffice with a couple maybe 2 inch passive intake holes. My room is about 21 cubic feet.
•We are renting our home with kids so carbon filters are a must. I plan on making a filter via the much available diy help. Figured this would at least double my CFM goal so i estimated 50 Cfm then with any heat or humidity issues the rest of the 110 cfm rated fan should cover me...right?
•I would like to use fabric pots but since i am in a small space, and in my closet, would spill be something i should consider?
•Soil and Nutes I still havent settled on a plan for. Maybe since I'm doing only a small auto grow just a simple cheap organic hot soil. Costs would be a big factor here as ive seen the going rate on some nute lines.
•As far as monitoring goes ill be getting some cheap thermometer with RH and a wire probe, so i can hang that wire right at canopy height. As well as a cheap PH reader and PH up and down of course.

So thats what i have so far. Any and all input or tips are welcomed! I am planning on continuing a journal of some sort for my grow so if anyone would be interested in helping an enthusiastic young grower when i get up and running it would be greatly appreciated.
If you haven’t bought seeds I would recommend a photo fem from a solid breeder. Autos are not easy like advertised. Trust me. A lot goes wrong quick. Most are unstable unless you search out a good auto breeder. Mephisto. There’s one. But I would look more into what thc cbd levels you want and find photoperiod feminized. Your autos won’t flower for a month or more anyways. No quicker at all. Not clonable. Just too much play in genetics period.
Good photo feminized give you guaranteed females off each one. Better yields bud and all out better experience in my opinion.

Some people swear by autos
About 1 out of 20.

Monster762

Monster762

Other than that fan n all good. Sounds good. Are you meaning automated? Like waters itself n all? Cause that’s past my experience. I roll around in the garden with em. Oh one big thing you can start now. Ipm( integrated pest management). At this stage a good cleaning and some essential oils Maybe neem oil instead. Bugs best to never get in there at all. Once they’re on your babies it’s an uphill battle.

Top Bottom