Flushing Yes No Does It Matter?

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Badboar

Badboar

Ok I believe I am nearing a time that flushing should be considered. Not really sure but some of the tops have trichs that are clouding. Maybe 50 %. No amber yet. I intended to harvest at first sign of amber, but have at least one or 2 of my girls to go to a late stage. What is everyones thought on flushing?
Flushing yes no does it matter
Flushing yes no does it matter 2
How long, should it even matter?

I am using soil. Harvest farm Ocean Forest. Dyna Pro Bloom for nutes. I attached a couple pics but am not the best at photography.

Thanks

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok I believe I am nearing a time that flushing should be considered. Not really sure but some of the tops have trichs that are clouding. Maybe 50 %. No amber yet. I intended to harvest at first sign of amber, but have at least one or 2 of my girls to go to a late stage. What is everyones thought on flushing?View attachment 782732View attachment 782733 How long, should it even matter?

I am using soil. Harvest farm Ocean Forest. Dyna Pro Bloom for nutes. I attached a couple pics but am not the best at photography.

Thanks
Your plant is already fading ..looking at pistils..i would say a bit more... A weekish. So at this point you can stop nutes and just water

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I'd say flush when in soil. I always do 10 plus days, soil stores lots of stuff. When in Coco I feed alot longer and easier to flush out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wouldn’t flush at all unless I saw signs of excess salt build up. More yield and potency if fed what they need til the end. I like to taper the concentration of nutes down to zero for maybe the last watering or two.

I would feed that flower for 2 more weeks at least like said above. When the white pistols die back then I look for cloudy trichomes. And not on the bud leaves but the calyx.

H

hawkman

start flushing after week 8 of lower the only difference is if you are growing a sativa strain that takes 12 weeks, then you would start flushing at week 9..You need to get rid of all the "salts"

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I wouldn’t flush at all unless I saw signs of excess salt build up. More yield and potency if fed what they need til the end. I like to taper the concentration of nutes down to zero for maybe the last watering or two.

I would feed that flower for 2 more weeks at least like said above. When the white pistols die back then I look for cloudy trichomes. And not on the bud leaves but the calyx.
I know this subject is highly debated, but I always wondered..Flushing removes salts/nutes from the medium so the plants use what is stored in the leaves..(I grow in dirt and at present I flush)
soooo, if we flush the last 2 weeks, how will the plant be starved and stop putting on weight etc..
Don't want to start something..just wondering..TIA

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know this subject is highly debated, but I always wondered..Flushing removes salts/nutes from the medium so the plants use what is stored in the leaves..(I grow in dirt and at present I flush)
soooo, if we flush the last 2 weeks, how will the plant be starved and stop putting on weight etc..

I try to feed only what the plants need a little every watering once the soil is depleted of nutrients (ocean forest).

If I switch to water only to early my plants will fade quickly. This reduces yield and potency. And complexity but I think that comes with letting plants go until they are truly done.

I have tested flushing. Water only for 2 weeks and keeping them green til the end and there’s is no contest in yield and potency. Fed properly many strains taste great right out of the drying closet even before jarring for cure.

I only use a grow base nute too. It’s all bullshit best I can tell. But any good greenhouse production guide will show the proper way to grow crops. With other plants anyway. It will explain about alkalinity and water and nutes too so most can stop using ph products and ro water.

H

hawkman

many cultivators over-feed in cultivation and running water the last 2 weeks helps the plant USE the remaining nutrients and like use helps detox (clean) to plant, you know make it clean to better improve taste and even make it more healthier ? (get rid of heavy metals, ect) then again what ever works for you Peace

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

many cultivators over-feed in cultivation and running water the last 2 weeks helps the plant USE the remaining nutrients and like use helps detox (clean) to plant, you know make it clean to better improve taste and even make it more healthier ? (get rid of heavy metals, ect) then again what ever works for you Peace
Interesting stuff..I have noticed after flushing the plants send out more new pistils..
I just had to chop a Big Blue Cheese BEFORE TOTALLY FLUSHED (Using Canna Terra Flores and Ginormous). I rarely over feed and usually the leaf tips barely show even light burn (some more than others).

This will be interesting, since her sibling was grown identically, except the 1st one was flushed for 2 weeks (water )..I have Florakleen on hand just in case..ie: the Cheese that came down today had begun showing naners in week 11, so I intended to flush today..Low and behold..Naners galore this am..:(
Soooo.. Putting The Deputy (GPS) in her place.:)
Chop

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Definitely a highly debated subject for a long time. Personally, I believe in flushing for the last two weeks at least. Good luck!
My compliments to the members here!

I belong to another forum (nameless), where bringing up a topic like this usually results in a shit storm, with Good information and experiences getting buried in all the useless crap;)

sixstring

sixstring

My compliments to the members here!

I belong to another forum (nameless), where bringing up a topic like this usually results in a shit storm, with Good information and experiences getting buried in all the useless crap;)

We have a few flushing threads here like that,starts off all nice n civil and then out of nowhere,shitstorm haha.i flush my plants grown in chem ferts about 8 to 10 days.i flush my organic stuff for 8 to 9 weeks :)

madgrower

madgrower

Ok I believe I am nearing a time that flushing should be considered. Not really sure but some of the tops have trichs that are clouding. Maybe 50 %. No amber yet. I intended to harvest at first sign of amber, but have at least one or 2 of my girls to go to a late stage. What is everyones thought on flushing?View attachment 782732View attachment 782733 How long, should it even matter?

Thanks
I started cutting back my nutes around the last 2weeks first cut in half then the next week a quarter and last drink was mostly water some say if you use just water the plants will suck up salt .not sure but my buds grew a lot the last two weeks and no one has said anything but good about the smoke only thing I noticed is the big sticky juicy buds on the plants that we're not flushed

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I started cutting back my nutes around the last 2weeks first cut in half then the next week a quarter and last drink was mostly water some say if you use just water the plants will suck up salt .not sure but my buds grew a lot the last two weeks and no one has said anything but good about the smoke only thing I noticed is the big sticky juicy buds on the plants that we're not flushed
We used to pluck off a fan leaf and taste the juice from the stem..Bitter = needs more flushing..Neutral/sweet = ready to go..

xavier7995

xavier7995

My take on it is that a plant that is eating itself to survive is only going to eat enough to not die, it isn't going to consume enough of itself to really thrive.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My take on it is that a plant that is eating itself to survive is only going to eat enough to not die, it isn't going to consume enough of itself to really thrive.

This is correct. And it won’t get the fully balanced array of nutrients it needs for full potential.

Also washing out the medium can lock out the roots which will slow water uptake and now flushing is actually trapping more nutes in the plant. It needs its processes to eliminate waste and uptake is part of what fuels that.

Flushing heavy is merely an old cash crop technique so you can over feed for yield and then have a couple weeks off so your weed doesn’t taste like shit too much.

With proper fertilizing it just is not neccessary.

Top Bottom