Flushing Yes No Does It Matter?

• Thread starter Badboar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jguit

jguit

Supporter
I always feed them what they need until the end. I've tried flushing and not flushing and honestly dont think it made a big difference either way. If you overfed your plants, they'll taste like shit no matter what. That's my take.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I always feed them what they need until the end. I've tried flushing and not flushing and honestly dont think it made a big difference either way. If you overfed your plants, they'll taste like shit no matter what. That's my take.
Gotta find some common ground.:)
I think maybe we can all agree..The PROPER cure will work wonders on ALMOST anything we mess up
(overdrying excepted)
I think I may find out with my 2 Blue Cheese Plants harvest ..1st flushed with h2o for 2 weeks..the 2nd chopped with no real flush/LEACH..
1st one into jars today and the 2nd one started drying (maybe another 6-7 days) til jarring..

Now I will answer my question via my own hand ( I HOPE)..LOL

H

hawkman

If one uses Humbolts Conuty Own one can use their Killer Tea, Purple Max and Snow Storm all the way to harvest with NO negative resulting in - Positive results are extra kick to end-stage bloom process such as resin fragrance and swelling (don't to this with chemical nutrients (advanced nutrients, ect)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

If one uses Humbolts Conuty Own one can use their Killer Tea, Purple Max and Snow Storm all the way to harvest with NO negative resulting in - Positive results are extra kick to end-stage bloom process such as resin fragrance and swelling (don't to this with chemical nutrients (advanced nutrients, ect)
never have found out just what my Canna Terra Flores and Flores was Chem, or ?? They only say food grade when asked..
I also have been using Humboldt Ginormous PK boost..Is that ok?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just looked up Snow Storm... Way too pricey for me..Using it from veg on would eat me up..
Sort of sounds like Terpinator or something??

Enforcer

Enforcer

Gotta find some common ground.:)
I think maybe we can all agree..The PROPER cure will work wonders on ALMOST anything we mess up
(overdrying excepted)
I think I may find out with my 2 Blue Cheese Plants harvest ..1st flushed with h2o for 2 weeks..the 2nd chopped with no real flush/LEACH..
1st one into jars today and the 2nd one started drying (maybe another 6-7 days) til jarring..

Now I will answer my question via my own hand ( I HOPE)..LOL
I have done similar tests but never a side by side in the same grow. I’m very interested in what you find. Personally, I have flushed and not flushed. I far and away prefer flushed cannabis. Smooth smoke and white ash all the way. And it tastes so much better.

I can really tell if it was flushed when I clean the resin out of the water pipe. A little flame to that black blob and if it goes up like a sparkler on the 4th of July, the grower didn’t flush long enough.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have done similar tests but never a side by side in the same grow. I’m very interested in what you find. Personally, I have flushed and not flushed. I far and away prefer flushed cannabis. Smooth smoke and white ash all the way. And it tastes so much better.

I can really tell if it was flushed when I clean the resin out of the water pipe. A little flame to that black blob and if it goes up like a sparkler on the 4th of July, the grower didn’t flush long enough.
Yea..I hear ya..This time I should have some real results, as the 2 plants are genetically identical and all growing conditions (lights nutes etc) were all the same, EXCEPT ONE WAS FLUSHED AND 1 WAS NOT.

I will post my impressions after both have been in jars for at least 3 weeks..Should be interesting..although no way definitive..

As for resin cleaning..I dump and clean too many times a day..lol..The bubbler gets dumped about once per hour..Great lil fker, but dirty as hell..

Enforcer

Enforcer

Yea..I hear ya..This time I should have some real results, as the 2 plants are genetically identical and all growing conditions (lights nutes etc) were all the same, EXCEPT ONE WAS FLUSHED AND 1 WAS NOT.

I will post my impressions after both have been in jars for at least 3 weeks..Should be interesting..although no way definitive..

As for resin cleaning..I dump and clean too many times a day..lol..The bubbler gets dumped about once per hour..Great lil fker, but dirty as hell..
I really am stoked to hear your impressions, which are good enough for me. Love my Sherlock bubbler too, but yeah, it gets dirty quick.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I really am stoked to hear your impressions, which are good enough for me. Love my Sherlock bubbler too, but yeah, it gets dirty quick.
I have a MAV Labs Hammer Bubbler and while great..I hate cleaning it..:(
I will be posting about this Flushing thing as soon as the drying (2nd plant chopped yesterday) and jarring has finished..

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
This is correct. And it won’t get the fully balanced array of nutrients it needs for full potential.

Also washing out the medium can lock out the roots which will slow water uptake and now flushing is actually trapping more nutes in the plant. It needs its processes to eliminate waste and uptake is part of what fuels that.

Flushing heavy is merely an old cash crop technique so you can over feed for yield and then have a couple weeks off so your weed doesn’t taste like shit too much.

With proper fertilizing it just is not neccessary.
Well said!

H

hawkman

Just looked up Snow Storm... Way too pricey for me..Using it from veg on would eat me up..
Sort of sounds like Terpinator or something??
You are right - I don't use in veg on;y flower if I don't habe Snow Storm. Look at Terpenez does the same as Terpinator (has some heavy metals in it) andSnow Storm also Liquid Gold by Keelp4Less (organic)(great stuff)Have used Liquid Gold with good results - when Terpinator runs out going to get Terpenez. to get more frost one might have to spend a bit of money but it's worth it. Hope this helps

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You are right - I don't use in veg on;y flower if I don't habe Snow Storm. Look at Terpenez does the same as Terpinator (has some heavy metals in it) andSnow Storm also Liquid Gold by Keelp4Less (organic)(great stuff)Have used Liquid Gold with good results - when Terpinator runs out going to get Terpenez. to get more frost one might have to spend a bit of money but it's worth it. Hope this helps
I have stopped giving anything except My Canna Terra and Ginormous except for a little Molasses for the soil..I am very please so far..BTW: I have completed a light test..Quantums vs Nextlight Mini (same Samsung Diodes), Meizhi Burple etc (all on the same plant genetics too)..My results have been astounding..Resin and trichome production went thru the roof with the QBs..:)

Had to be the lights..all else was the same.. Trimmed up a Blue Cheese yesterday..took hrs since I was constantly cleaning off the scissor hash and smoking it along the way..LMAO

Kinda like GG#4 to trim:)

H

hawkman

I have stopped giving anything except My Canna Terra and Ginormous except for a little Molasses for the soil..I am very please so far..BTW: I have completed a light test..Quantums vs Nextlight Mini (same Samsung Diodes), Meizhi Burple etc (all on the same plant genetics too)..My results have been astounding..Resin and trichome production went thru the roof with the QBs..:)

Had to be the lights..all else was the same.. Trimmed up a Blue Cheese yesterday..took hrs since I was constantly cleaning off the scissor hash and smoking it along the way..LMAO

you are right the "light" is the most important factor - glad you got it dialed -in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good information if you like Great White products they have anew one called Myco-chum sound like great stuff has mo;asses, ect in it. seems like one could only use those two (great white and myco-chum) thru entire grow

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

you are right the "light" is the most important factor - glad you got it dialed -in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good information if you like Great White products they have anew one called Myco-chum sound like great stuff has mo;asses, ect in it. seems like one could only use those two (great white and myco-chum) thru entire grow
:eyepiece:
IMG 0946

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I've gotten my grow back to almost entirely organic at this point, they might get a couple drinks of Grow Big and/or Tiger Bloom depending on how things are looking but, it's getting to be very rare for that to happen. They get teas, or stuff from the OG Tea line, although I've gone to more of the Sea Green lately, I give them Big Bloom at times too, which is an organic FoxFarm product, or just straight water anyway so, it doesn't seem like a big deal to go to straight water for a "flush" period. I think it's more of a habit that's been ingrained over the years as something that you just do at this point.
My point of view on it is like with everything else, we all have our own way, you have to experiment with different ways of doing things until you refine what works best for you. What's great is that people have this tool these days to help them make informed decisions about which styles may work best for them and how to go about doing it.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

Love my QB's, R.I.P. CMH lights....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@Enforcer
Crap..my test may be porked..The 1st Cheese jarred is pretty harsh (flushed too for 2 wks)..(jarred for 12 days)
Sampled the 2nd cheese plant before jarring..Harsh as hell..
This was my 1st grow with this strain, so I have no comparison..Will keep the test going though and report in a couple of weeks!
This was the toughest plant for me to trim..Had to leave more leaf material on the lighter and fluffier buds than my normal buds..Prolly contributing to the harshness.

I have been only keeping the very nicest colas for smoke and tossing everything else into the hash/butter bin..

Top Bottom