For You Fabric Pot Users

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Where did you grab these at? I'm looking for the more free flowing version like those vs the honeycomb style. Imo, id have to remove every plant to vac the water that would be trapped where the plant would sit. Since its a honeycomb design, all the water get trapped through the whole "grate" vs being able to flow freely, or by gravity with style in the link.

str8smokn

str8smokn

How big of a area? You couldn't put those trays in there and leave 3" at one end of the table open from these to vac run off out.
Those X pot holders aren't going to keep the fabric pot from sagging down and staying in the water.
STR8

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Where did you grab these at? I'm looking for the more free flowing version like those vs the honeycomb style. Imo, id have to remove every plant to vac the water that would be trapped where the plant would sit. Since its a honeycomb design, all the water get trapped through the whole "grate" vs being able to flow freely, or by gravity with style in the link.
Amazon i believe.

SoilGame

SoilGame

Build a foot high table with 2x6's leaving 4 inches in between the slabs on top. Cover with panda pushing it through the cracks at a 45 degree angle all going toward the center or one end. Place trays under to catch the runoff. Works for my smarts.

SoilGame

SoilGame

The problem is the water comes out everywhere with smart pots, with the drain table it doesn't matter it all goes to the same place. But buying something is waaaay easier.

Freshone

Freshone

They worked fine for me when i use fabric pots with them... Have you actually even tried them @Freshone
No I have not,the object is to keep the WHOLE fabric pot raised out of the run off and those Xs will not support a soft pot,would work fine for a Rigid pot or if you don't mind your pots sucking the runoff back up but then why even have it?

dan1989

dan1989

Do these function the same as air pots? As in encouraging an evenly spread root system...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

the water passes right thou the planters if u on a run off table bet u getting a lot of waste

Freshone

Freshone

With no till it doesn't really matter as the runoff is not full of salts you want leached out,the advantage of soft pots then becomes how quickly your pots dry out and root pruning.

Top Bottom