Gen. Hydroponics Pest Controls? Exile, Preva, Defguard.

• Thread starter Hemicuda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

Skinny leave plant is lemon diesel and fat leaves are sour purps.

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I left all the General Hydro products behind. Won't use them anymore even if they are the best on the planet due to the Scott's buyout. Hawthorne (a name Scott's uses) is buying up Cannabis products companies like Gavita and General Hydro. They also have agreements with Monsanto regarding certain herbicides etc. Anyone that has ties or business arrangements with Bayer, Monsanto or Scott's is off my list.

Just my personal bias but I won't give any of my hard earned money to these guys.

I do use Trifecta with some success but you have to be persistent with it and stay right on schedule. I use it for prevention mostly.

I only use plant oil based materials that are supposed to be totally non-toxic. I add habanero pepper extract to my trifecta when the mites show up and it is much more effective with the pepper oil in it. However, you have to mask up cause it basically makes tear gas or bear spray when you add hot pepper oil to it.

Dee
What kind of habanero oil do you use? As in a brand or type? Assuming I find it at a health food store or online? Also what is the mixture ratio you use ? Thank you!

Hemicuda

Hemicuda

I snapped some pics just before lights came on. I use botanicare 3 part nutrient feedings. I feed every other water. But when I noticed the burn I didn’t feed for the next four waterings. Then I tried to feed half the amount and the burn showed up again. I didn’t have problems till these damn aphids showed up and I started using exile to try and control them. It’s keeping the numbers down and there not out of control. My light is about 2 feet away from the tops and my room temp ranges from 70 to 80 from floor to right under the light. I just purchased clear x by botanicare and I will probably flush them on next watering and see if that helps.

It could be that they are stressed from the aphids and spraying and just can not handle much food right now. I sometimes spray just water in between my pest sprays to avoid any build up and rinse the plant, they seem to dig it. Also I would say try Trifecta or Green cleaner. I use them both and have perfect success, and they are not harsh chemicals. How far from finishing are you? Might just get through this one with just water and then do a deep clean and start fresh. Always a heart break watching your plants get roughed up :(

bibbles

bibbles

This was a sulfur deficiency, and appears to have progressed into a potassium deficiency.

As for pesticides, where you're at is going to matter a lot in terms of testing, but after trying a lot of things, including Eagle 20 and Imid, I've had the best "luck" with eliminating over-crowding, getting defoliation done on time, maintaining my environment, and making sure I don't leave the garden when I think I'm done for the day (try to do nothing in your garden, it's harder than you think). Beyond this I use AATC (root + foliar (illegal in Mass.)), chitosan (foliar), and salicylic acid (foliar (recent stop-sales for failing to label products pesticides in Washington)); next cycle I'm adding harpin protein (foliar) and Regalia (root + foliar). Adding molasses back to the tea before my weekly flush eliminated an ant issue (multiple queens, next level infestation) as well. Also, eliminate calcium-nitrate, excepting a bait plant if you have space, which you should try to find.

What really gets me excited about these is that even without the threat of pests, all of these things boost growth and vitality, thus I'm getting something out of them even if pests don't show up, which means I'm not going to fall victim to complacency and try to save a buck. Which is good, since they are definitely playing second fiddle to my really getting on top of shit.

Growing with the goal of making trimming as quick and easy as possible probably contributed as well, at least to my emotional wellbeing and the maintenance of momentum. Ain't nothing like a sad harvest to fuck up your transition time, or even the next cycle itself, and then that shit can snowball.

That said, if I can't tell what's in something, I've decided it's not a product for me, if only because I cannot know how to react to any potential problems, and that's often when you become the problem, throwing shit at the wall to see if something sticks, you know?

DGP

DGP

What kind of habanero oil do you use? As in a brand or type? Assuming I find it at a health food store or online? Also what is the mixture ratio you use ? Thank you!
I make my own. I just buy a pound of peppers and grind em into a paste in a food processor. Then boil (covered) in about a quart of water for about 30 minutes and strain through a metal mesh coffee filter. Wear a respirator whenever you uncover it from boiling because you are basically making mace or bear spray. Add the strained pepper juice to 2 gallons of Trifecta or whatever oil spray you make. It really improves the effect of trifecta on mites and other critters. However trifecta and the pepper spray are all dependent on contact with the bug so complete coverage is real important.

Dee

Latest posts

Top Bottom