Growerslights.com

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I will say perpetual isn't as easy as I anticipated. It's quite the chore to keep track of who gets what. Keeping track of who's getting plain water, when to start feeding who, whats on the menu for feeding for X,Y,Z, and watering days is all over the map. Keeping good tracking records is a must. But it's more time consuming than I realized. I'm doing my best to get as many of them as possible at the very least, on the same watering days.

It’s not hard once you get the hang of it. At some point you’ll know when a plant needs something. I try not to give them much until they ask for it. Then I’ll hit another plant that’s just behind it so it doesn’t have to ask for it ;-)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will say perpetual isn't as easy as I anticipated. It's quite the chore to keep track of who gets what. Keeping track of who's getting plain water, when to start feeding who, whats on the menu for feeding for X,Y,Z, and watering days is all over the map. Keeping good tracking records is a must. But it's more time consuming than I realized. I'm doing my best to get as many of them as possible at the very least, on the same watering days.

I couldnt agree more. ;-). Been doing this for years now.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

$102.30 from Rapid LED..Violet UVs for shits and giggles and can be easily swapped out (solderless)
View attachment 859809 View attachment 859810 View attachment 859811 View attachment 859812
Shamelessly stolen from Platinum LED's site! LOL
?
Far-Red and Infrared Light

On the far end of the spectrum (>700nm) you find far-red and infrared wavelengths of light. Far-red and infrared light have very long wavelengths, and very little energy. Infrared wavelengths are not visible to the human eye and only can be felt as heat. We know that blue and red light is optimal for plant development, but research conducted in 1957 has shown that combining blue light and red light with far-red/infrared light (700-760nm), led to an increased rate of photosynthesis due to the Emerson effect. The protein Phytochrome is the only known receptor that is sensitive to far-red/infrared wavelengths. Plants use Phytrochrome to regulate when a plants is to switch from vegetation state to flowering, and the time of flowering, due to the length of daylight or exposure to artificial light.

The appropriate amounts of far-red and infrared light can also be a very effective at promoting robust stem growth, proper node spacing, and more flowers and fruit. Too much IR radiation can also be an issue because to plant the majority of IR radiation is felt as heat. Growers who use traditional 1000W HPS lighting, which produces excess heat through IR radiation, have to install and operate expensive HVAC systems to mitigate the heat. Too much IR radiation can cause plants to stretch spreading out the plant nodes, can discolor the leaves or even kill the plants. Choosing a light with the right appropriate amount of far-red and infrared light is key for healthy and natural plant growth."

Right they explain about far red and phytochrome like i said then add some unsubstantiated benefits like stem growth and nodes and more flowers.

I didnt say anything about uv. And neither are they really.

Phylex

Phylex

Well, at first glance it appears to be shaping up like last week. There was no confirmation shipping email sent today with the tracking number like they said there would be. I can just hope it shipped. Hopefully the email comes tomorrow and it doesn’t truly end up like last week. If you recall, they told me on the phone last week that it was shipping out last Monday.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Well, at first glance it appears to be shaping up like last week. There was no confirmation shipping email sent today with the tracking number like they said there would be. I can just hope it shipped. Hopefully the email comes tomorrow and it doesn’t truly end up like last week. If you recall, they told me on the phone last week that it was shipping out last Monday.
Yea, I haven't even heard back after I emailed last night. Shitty way to run a business

B

Burned Haze

If they have a “ sales” line or “wholesales “ or other lines. Force their asses to talk to you cause that’s crazy .You guys prolly tried that but Jesus they should be burned if they think they can do it so easily without any karma/ penalty for thy actions .

Phylex

Phylex

If they have a “ sales” line or “wholesales “ or other lines. Force their asses to talk to you cause that’s crazy .You guys prolly tried that but Jesus they should be burned if they think they can do it so easily without any karma/ penalty for thy actions .
Just one “google voice” phone number

gwheels

gwheels

When I got my light it took a while because it was hard to get stock in on the panels. But I was in the middle of a grow with a 315 so there was no time crunch.

Its rough but when you fire up those lights and get growing it will be all water under the bridge.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
When I got my light it took a while because it was hard to get stock in on the panels. But I was in the middle of a grow with a 315 so there was no time crunch.

Its rough but when you fire up those lights and get growing it will be all water under the bridge.

For sure. They say waiting is the hardest part. Until then just try to keep the canopy in check and train them the best you can. You could start flowering under another light for the first few days if you have one and then switch over to the quantums once they arrive. I wouldn’t do that until you know for sure they are on the way though.

gwheels

gwheels

You know what is funny....i dont think i have used that QB except when i fried seedlings at full power in a grow box.

But that QB135 will veg a 3 x 3 i am building. I used to say i am not a collector but it turns out its lights and seeds.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You know what is funny....i dont think i have used that QB except when i fried seedlings at full power in a grow box.

But that QB135 will veg a 3 x 3 i am building. I used to say i am not a collector but it turns out its lights and seeds.

I would be happy to help ya out in both regards. I am always open for donations, ha ;-)

What can I say? I’m a nice guy :-)

gwheels

gwheels

The tech is crazy good. My 240 watt strip light is killing it. I realize the hype for 315 CMH is a lot of hype. COBS and samsung QB or strips all grow amazing ganja.
Amazing...

My 315 was great too i just thought it was more trichs but i dont think so.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I think where cmh accel is in their spectrum. While being fairly close to the traditional 3000k flowering color temp they put off more blues and ultra violet spectrums as well. Which imo does increase resin production and keeps plants a little more compact. The buds probably become a little denser vs traditional HID and LED lights in the same color temp ranges.

However I do think it’s possible that the same results can be achieved with HID and LED lighting it just takes a little more color temp shift to get similar results. This is why I think we need to shift our color temps a little more to 3500-4000k (for LED) for even better results.

I have used HID lighting in the 4500k color temp range and had fantastic results from it years ago. Many of the same benefits occured at this color temp with conversion mh to hps bulbs. So I don’t think we are far off and it’s why I’m excited to try a mixed 3000k & 5000k led setup. Btw I got confirmation it’s shipping to me on Monday. So my plans have been shifted back a week. I think the combination will give me ample reds and blues to achieve optimal results. And of course I’ll post my findings here for public consumption.

Phylex

Phylex

For sure. They say waiting is the hardest part. Until then just try to keep the canopy in check and train them the best you can. You could start flowering under another light for the first few days if you have one and then switch over to the quantums once they arrive. I wouldn’t do that until you know for sure they are on the way though.
The whole point of this purchase and planned switch to LED, was to avoid the insane monthly electrical bill for running my 1000W HPS. I did debate just running it one more time and had I known it would have dragged out this long, I probably would have considered it more. Sadly, in anticipation of getting the new lights weeks ago, I completely disassembled my tent. I disconnected and removed everything. I'm doing a completely different set up with the LED's. I already finished mounted certain pieces of equipment and re-running the ducting. I'm not about to take that all out, and set it up for the HPS, just to change it all back when the new lights come. The two set ups are completely different. I'm just screwed until the lights come.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The whole point of this purchase and planned switch to LED, was to avoid the insane monthly electrical bill for running my 1000W HPS. I did debate just running it one more time and had I known it would have dragged out this long, I probably would have considered it more. Sadly, in anticipation of getting the getting the new lights weeks ago, I completely disassembled my tent. I disconnected and removed everything. I'm doing a completely different set up with the LED's. I already finished mounted certain pieces of equipment and re-running the ducting. I'm not about to take that all out, and set it up for the HPS, just to change it all back when the new lights come. The two set ups are completely different. I'm just screwed until the lights come.

Ahh damn that sucks. I don’t blame ya. Sorry for referring ya to such a poor company, I feel bad about it. It would be one thing if I was paid to refer customers to them but I am not being paid at all, just had a decent experience when I placed my order. My apologies bro. I’ll make it up to ya some how :-)

Phylex

Phylex

Ahh damn that sucks. I don’t blame ya. Sorry for referring ya to such a poor company, I feel bad about it. It would be one thing if I was paid to refer customers to them but I am not being paid at all, just had a decent experience when I placed my order. My apologies bro. I’ll make it up to ya some how :)
Really, it's all good. This isn't on you at all. And if you recall, I happened to stumble upon the site before you sent the link. I was already planning to make the purchase there. Seriously, apologies aren't necessary. I just wanted to share my experience in the event it can help others plan better than it turned out for me. This purchase was time based for me and it didn't work out. I'm so far behind schedule now.

Phylex

Phylex

If they're truly that busy, it almost makes me want to start a side LED business. I could certainly manage it better and outperform them on customer service. They're a joke. Or maybe I'm just becoming a little salty. lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Really, it's all good. This isn't on you at all. And if you recall, I happened to stumble upon the site before you sent the link. I was already planning to make the purchase there. Seriously, apologies aren't necessary. I just wanted to share my experience in the event it can help others plan better than it turned out for me. This purchase was time based for me and it didn't work out. I'm so far behind schedule now.

Sure I get that, but I still feel bad for giving them the thumbs up. Either way i'll try to do something for ya to help ease the pain. I can't make a fixture appear out of thin air (wish I could) but i'll take care of ya somehow.

I wish i could reach out to the company and tell them to get their heads out of their asses but its not really my place to do so. I hope they shipped your fixture yesterday and just didn't have time to send the tracking # yet and hopefully you get that here shortly. Either way my fingers are crossed ;-)

Top Bottom