Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My plants look much more yellow than they are. I shut off the light and used a white light flashlight" they look fine , but as a precaution I bought NPK RAW N and added ~ 1/8 tsp about 10 minutes ago. Be interesting to see what they look like tomorrow

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Several corrections for pH being made. This is the opposite of what I have been doing, but the grower who recommends has huge hydro set up with awesome buds

Now keeping babies between 6.0- 6.2. During flower will keep between 5.8 - 6.0

The water temp to the 2 plants under the P3 is wa too warm. Currently do not have enough round plastic bottles to freeze and rotate, so, I will drain 1-2xs daily, and put blue ice blocks in the pail until cold enough to return to tote.

Also, one pic of a bud from grow I will be harvesting tomorrow

IMG 4066
IMG 4067
IMG 4068

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I can't believe how often I overlook the obvious.

I have a low pressure pump with venturi, replacing air stones/pump, in the F & D rez of the plant I am beginning to harvest as I type. I had to put that pump on a deep cycle timer as running it 24/7 heated the rez > 80*s, no bueno!

Fast Forward to this morning...

I was responding to a DWC thread, providing a brief description about my dwc system for seedlings/clones, and how to use flooming/venturi instead of air pump/stones and that that pump needs to be on a separate deep cycle timer to eliminate heat build up,

Two days ago I noticed that the nutes in my dwc tote upstairs were pretty warm, and as of yesterday I was siphoning them out into a bucket with blue ice paks to cool down. And I had just done it this morning, prior to responding to his thread when it hit me between the eyes-- BAM.

DOH, I neglected to power that pump through my deep cycle timer.

Correction made lol

FYI, I took 2 cuttings from Big Girl

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update

How much can be expected from calibrating in just a few days? At this stage, the important thing is they are not getting worse, looking pretty good

First 2 pics from under the SE 220: Big Girl, from which I took 2 cuttings (lower right corner), and 2 more which are likely males

Third pic is under the 300++ watt led

IMG 4070
IMG 4071
IMG 4072
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Late yesterday and this morning were spent cleaning the Igloo rez and the tote/rocks that grew the harvested plant. Will probably put Big Girl (BG) under the SE 250, although the tent that the SPYDR 600 is in is much bigger, and I have a feeling I will need to get around BGs already long branches

Also the SPYDR has a much bigger footprint which should help

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Time to move Big Girl

She's now in her new home under the SPYDR 600

Made a few changes to the Igloo Rez. When I first drilled holes in it for the power cords and feeder/drain tube, I put them on the wrong side, meaning the lid opened backwards, which was a PITA to clean and change nutes.

Also, since BG is slightly over 30 days old, time to flip to Bloom nutes

Took a bunch of pictures of the set up, first one with BG just before moving her, and then in her new home. Also took pic of two plants in the floom rez under the P3

IMG 4077
IMG 4075
IMG 4076
IMG 4078
IMG 4079
IMG 4080

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

After the mess of my last 2 grows (using NPK RAW Microbes) Harley Smith said to use their enzymes instead, as that is what the microbes break down to become.

My NPK Enzyme order showed up, so added 1/4 tsp to each rez

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

A bit earlier I transferred one of the plants from her flooming DWC. I have never seen DWC roots look this happy, healthy, and loaded with root hairs

Since the plant in the bubbler tote under the Amare SE 220 looks so damn happy, i am torn about moving her upstairs, next to the other one under the Amare P3

IMG 4084
IMG 4085

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My clones have not rooted. I had to cut off an inch of stem as it was mooshey. Likely cause 400+ ppm was too hot for baby roots

so I just made a separate bubbler out of a large plastic ketchup jug, taking one air stone from the dwc rez. It only has one plant to pump air into so 3 4" discs should be plenty...

I simply added Sea 90 sea minerals for the clone jug @ ~ 200ppm and 5.8pH

Let'r rip tater chip

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have been suspicious that BGirl might be BGuy. Peaked under the top leafs and sure enough coconuts. And I took 3 clones
cry.gif

Will grab a couple clones from the others, both of which are showing pistils

I will replace it with the downstairs plant

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Damn THC hs not improved the ability to do things, like the Edit time is waay too short!

Updated from above...

I have been suspicious that BGirl might be BGuy. Peaked under the top leafs, sure enough coconuts. And I took 3 clones
cry.gif

I replaced it with the downstairs plant and moved it outside to finish. Probably want some seeds

I grabbed a couple clones from the others, both of which are showing pistils

To be safe, I moved the downstairs plant into a bucket with h2o2 and air stone directly underneath the roots for ~ 10 minutes while i removed the male and prepared for the female

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Today I wrapped the kitty litter rez tub with insulating foil to help maintain cool temp over longer time. This morning both rezes were ~ 75*s

IMG 4086
IMG 4087
IMG 4088
IMG 4089
IMG 4090

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

To make up for my lack of reading comprehension in another grow thread, where I mistook adding bleach in clone rez only, I left the lids open all night to let the gases escape, and this morning I added more Enzymes as they probably bit the bullet

The plant I put under the SPYDR 600 is responding well to its new home. Primary leafs now reaching toward the light
woohoo.gif

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Calibration: Just checked this morning: 7.0 was reading 7.2. This is a $20 pH pen, so not too accurate

Happy New Years' Eve

Be safe everybody

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Not happy with my clones not rooting and 2 stems stems rotting. I took one more clone (this from the bushy plant). I usually just mix some Kelp and SEA 90 Minerals, but this time I made fresh nutes, a tiny mix of NPK RAW; Kelp, Grow, Enzymes, and Aminos @ ~ 300ppm

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Lokie's Law: Now that I have much better control over all aspects of care and feeding, the seeds/plants are small indicas ~ 20"

Time to Drain the Swamp lol

Looks like I haven't changed out nutes since 12/20, so, I am making up fresh nutes to replace the nutes in both rezes

1.5 EC
5.7 pH

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Update

As you can see, the top leafs under the PRO3 are curled under, whereas the leafs under the 600 are reaching up

Also, due to the CoBs intensity, the PRO3 requires a lot more space above the plant. Currently 17" which may not be enough!

The 600 is 6” above the top

It appears that the plant under the PRO3 is pure indica, whereas the plant under the 600 has some sat as it has more stretch between the nodes, and very minimal side branching

I am thinking to swap the 2 plants (easy to do) just to see whether the curled leafs respond, but wanted you to see a ‘before’ picture

Also, here's my DIY cloner: 2 large cylinder air stones inside a bulk ketchup jug. Below the dome and under the lid is a 3" net pot with the center 1" cut out for the stems to protrude. I can put ice in between the jug and the igloo to keep temps low if needed

IMG 4091
IMG 4092
IMG 4093
IMG 4096
IMG 4097
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The plant that was moved from the PRO3 to the SPYDR 600 had droopy leafs

whereas the plant leafs under the 600 were reaching for the sky,

In just 2 days since swapping them, the opposite is happening (see comparison pics)

The plant that was droopy under the PRO3 but is now beginning to reach for the sky

and the plant canopy under the PRO3 is now beginning to droop

The Pro series CoBs might be too intense for a typical home grower using a 6ft tent. My tents are 7 ft and are almost too short, but I lose 2+ ft to F & D

Thinking the PRO3 CoB intensity could be the problem, I moved the PRO 3 up from 17” above to as high as I can (see picture)

Already, since raising the Pro 3, the leafs seem to be reaching up

for some reason pictures not loading - I tried 3 times

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Already moving the PRO 3 as high as I could (now 20" above the canopy) the top leafs are reaching up!

Now my tent is 7 feet, but I lose 2ft due to height needed for f & d

Top Bottom