Healthy Plants Without Nutrients

• Thread starter Cropped
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shellaz

Shellaz

the 4th picture is not looking so healthy but besides that they look pretty healthy.

Monster762

Monster762

All looking pretty good to me. What soil you using? Lot of soils come with nutes. How old are they too?
Overall I think they look pretty healthy. You might still need nutes for flower. Depends on your soil.

J

joel.keygrow

Would you class these plants as healthy considering I don’t feed them any nutrients nor train them and there outside??

Considering you have given them nothing, I'd say that these are incredibly healthy and deficiency free up to this point. There is some apparent bug damage so that is something you are going to need to control. The leaves may very well begin to show signs of deficiency as it goes into transition and during flower. Keep us posted on how that goes.

I also second, what is the soil that you are using?

Cropped

Cropped

Considering you have given them nothing, I'd say that these are incredibly healthy and deficiency free up to this point. There is some apparent bug damage so that is something you are going to need to control. The leaves may very well begin to show signs of deficiency as it goes into transition and during flower. Keep us posted on how that goes.

Black magic potting mix

Cropped

Cropped

What sort of bugs am I looking at so I know what to control with?

J

joel.keygrow

I’m using black magic potting mix

Black Magic ingredients:
  • Aged Bark
  • Bat Guano
  • Coco Coir
  • Perlite
  • Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Volcanic Ash
  • Worm Castings
Not bad, so right off the bat I can see here that you begin with the materials for bacteria and fungus to produce all the macronutrients and secondary nutrients (sulfur, cal, mag) plus the peat moss to feed bacteria and the bark to feed fungus.

J

joel.keygrow

What sort of bugs am I looking at so I know what to control with?

It's hard to tell for sure, but I'm thinking it's caterpillars. They hide in your roots but they also climb onto your plant and eat the leaves and then later cut right through your buds and kill them. They're a hard one to control, I've always had to deal with them outdoors in CA. Since you are still in veg you might want to try spraying a bunch of diatomaceous earth on them, it sticks to the leaves pretty well and will at least help shred up their insides a bit. Not sure of any good techniques on eradicating them from the roots.

Cropped

Cropped

It's hard to tell for sure, but I'm thinking it's caterpillars. They hide in your roots but they also climb onto your plant and eat the leaves and then later cut right through your buds and kill them. They're a hard one to control, I've always had to deal with them outdoors in CA. Since you are still in veg you might want to try spraying a bunch of diatomaceous earth on them, it sticks to the leaves pretty well and will at least help shred up their insides a bit. Not sure of any good techniques on eradicating them from the roots.
2 of the plants are 3 weeks into flower any alternatives?

J

joel.keygrow

2 of the plants are 3 weeks into flower any alternatives?
Search them regularly, look at the bottoms of the leaves. Find as many as you can and smash them. Unfortunately that's about the best I can offer. Maybe somebody else has a better way of dealing with these guys. And again, of course it's just a guess that it might be caterpillars. There are any number of troublemakers depending on where you are. Could even be slugs or snails eating them, though the caterpillars are a real common issue. Bright green bastards.

Cropped

Cropped

Search them regularly, look at the bottoms of the leaves. Find as many as you can and smash them. Unfortunately that's about the best I can offer. Maybe somebody else has a better way of dealing with these guys. And again, of course it's just a guess that it might be caterpillars. There are any number of troublemakers depending on where you are. Could even be slugs or snails eating them, though the caterpillars are a real common issue. Bright green bastards.
I have slug killer surrounding the plants and they can’t even get close lol I’m definitely going to look out for caterpillars tho from what I’ve heard there a real pain.

Monster762

Monster762

yes it’s a very good potting mix imo
Yeah where you get it? Price crazy on amazon like $60 but Home Depot online has for $17 1.5 cub ft I think I’ll be adding some to my mix coming soon n see how it does. I make a mix now basically spreading out roots organic soil with pro mix adding perelite and mykos. But some black magic probably won’t hurt the mix.

Cropped

Cropped

Yeah where you get it? Price crazy on amazon like $60 but Home Depot online has for $17 1.5 cub ft I think I’ll be adding some to my mix coming soon n see how it does. I make a mix now basically spreading out roots organic soil with pro mix adding perelite and mykos. But some black magic probably won’t hurt the mix.
I pay £18 from eBay definitely worth the try

Cropped

Cropped

Slugs, if it's slugs or caterpillars gotta climb for the most part to get up to the canopy so anything u can do to provide them no safe passage up ur stalk will prob help brother, but in the end u have done well. I'd like to see week 8-9 if possible
that’s man I will post pictures before the harvest. First outdoor grow can’t wait to see what they turn out like

J

joel.keygrow

This is a Scott's Miracle Gro hydroponic line basically created for Home Depot. As far as the nutrients go, it's basically a rebranded version of the General Hydro lines, which leads me to believe this a VermiSoil mix. Seems like pretty decent stuff, and maybe you can get a better deal on the VermiSoil brand somewhere not sure.

Top Bottom