Help A New Grower Out

• Thread starter KaptainKush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KaptainKush

KaptainKush

My girls are on day 34 from seed and I've been battling what i believe to be nitrogen toxicity. Ive been just giving them water with no nutes every 4-5 days for about 3 weeks. I have one that seems to be getting better as its leaves arnt as dark anymore.

Also, i had one plant i topped grow its middle stalk back our along with the other additional two nodes and its growing weird leaves. Any tips on what to do? Thanks for everything

Help a new grower out
Help a new grower out 2
Help a new grower out 3
Help a new grower out 4
Help a new grower out 5
Monster762

Monster762

Is that straight sand ? I know mixing desert sand in my soil helps. I'm not sure if pure sand is good though. Sometimes when plants show random signs that don't add up it comes back to a root problem. Are your roots healthy? Bug free too?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

trying to find what u talking about look nice to me N tox the leaf tips point down and are super super blueish green leafs

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My girls are on day 34 from seed and I've been battling what i believe to be nitrogen toxicity. Ive been just giving them water with no nutes every 4-5 days for about 3 weeks. I have one that seems to be getting better as its leaves arnt as dark anymore.

Also, i had one plant i topped grow its middle stalk back our along with the other additional two nodes and its growing weird leaves. Any tips on what to do? Thanks for everything
looks like N tox to me too..
What is your temps?
You havent giving them nothing?
No nutes?

Monster762

Monster762

The tips are clawing. That does point at nitrogen. The leaves in last pic are like mine were a ways back. It was a root issue. Still I question what they're planted in. Is it suffocating them.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Dark green leaves and foliage
  • Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
  • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
  • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
  • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses, and cause her to drink more water (and uptake more N)
  • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying

Cannabis leaves tips down sm
Monster762

Monster762

Dark green leaves and foliage
  • Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
  • You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
  • Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
  • The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
  • Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses, and cause her to drink more water (and uptake more N)
  • As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying
The angle of pics makes it hard to see the clawing but I think I do actually see it in the 4th pic. But again still I say it's more than nitrogen. Especially if they aren't being fed. Go over the plant with deformed leaves real good. Look for pests and check roots. I think that medium is smothering your roots. Sand once wet gets very dense. Do you push the sides of the bags to loosen it up? If not start doing it. Not beating on them just push inwardsfrom both sides turn 90 degrees do it again. Also what type light n how close? Sand has real good drainage though I would think it need water more than every 4-5 days. And 35 days in

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

Its just a 1/8 inch layer of sand. I ran into some fungus gnats (so im sure) a few days ago so i read play sand helped with it. The median is happy frog. Ive fed them a 1/4 dose of GH nutes once. I mainly use calimagic and gh root enhancer..nothing too crazy..

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

The angle of pics makes it hard to see the clawing but I think I do actually see it in the 4th pic. But again still I say it's more than nitrogen. Especially if they aren't being fed. Go over the plant with deformed leaves real good. Look for pests and check roots. I think that medium is smothering your roots. Sand once wet gets very dense. Do you push the sides of the bags to loosen it up? If not start doing it. Not beating on them just push inwardsfrom both sides turn 90 degrees do it again. Also what type light n how close? Sand has real good drainage though I would think it need water more than every 4-5 days. And 35 days in
Right now im using a shit marshydro 300w while im waiting for my cree cobs to come in. Its around 24inches away. Maybe closer now that they have grown.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Its just a 1/8 inch layer of sand. I ran into some fungus gnats (so im sure) a few days ago so i read play sand helped with it. The median is happy frog. Ive fed them a 1/4 dose of GH nutes once. I mainly use calimagic and gh root enhancer..nothing too crazy..
when did u feed them that?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

calimag has N in it too. I say flush the plants with couple gal of tap...

Monster762

Monster762

Oh ok you I am pretty sure play sand is chemically sterilized. I'm not sure if those chemicals are dangerous to plants. I mix sand in my soil but I use raw desert sand. Unsterilized.

Monster762

Monster762

Well i dont grow in soil so im not sure.. I prob run 5 gal thru each.. but thats just a guess!
5 gallon bags means that a textbook flush would be pushing 15 gallons water through. I flushed my 5 gal bucketswith 10 gal each. It will push some nutes into the plant so don't be scared when you see it droop a little and a few nute burn spots show up that weren't there. Pushing 10 gallons mine barely dropped. But did show more nute burn. Just a couple leaves. But now all is good. Theyre smiling.

KaptainKush

KaptainKush

5 gallon bags means that a textbook flush would be pushing 15 gallons water through. I flushed my 5 gal bucketswith 10 gal each. It will push some nutes into the plant so don't be scared when you see it droop a little and a few nute burn spots show up that weren't there. Pushing 10 gallons mine barely dropped. But did show more nute burn. Just a couple leaves. But now all is good. Theyre smiling.
Appreciate the response. Ill flush them with 15 gallons each when its time to water . is it smart to test my runoff PH?

Top Bottom