Self watering bases and nuits

• Thread starter Noly.farms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420autoflier

420autoflier

Top feed. Or at least top feed to runoff once a week. Which self watering bases are you referring to?? I've used auto pots and mixed nutrient solution in the reservoir. Ended up with a pretty bad nutrient salt build up in the soil. Gave them a good flush and started top feeding once a week to runoff. Worked

N

Noly.farms

Top feed. Or at least top feed to runoff once a week. Which self watering bases are you referring to?? I've used auto pots and mixed nutrient solution in the reservoir. Ended up with a pretty bad nutrient salt build up in the soil. Gave them a good flush and started top feeding once a week to runoff. Worked
The ones ya put fabric pots on, ac infinity i believe. Yep i noticed some build up on the bottoms of the base too when I had to adjust some rope . I’m gonna do it that way going forward. Thanks

Newty

Newty

I'm trying the ACI self-watering bases in my smaller tent. I just did my last top watering and going to start using bases tomorrow.
I'm using GH Flora series, I'm going to mix them in and see what happens.
Do you think adding an aerator or something to agitate the water/nutes would help with anything?

If I see build up, I might just use the bases as runoff trays.
I want to setup Netafim Netbows in my 8x4 next grow so could run them to the 55"x28" tent as well and won't have to worry about something for runoff and I'll use the water meter to know when to drain them.

Newty

Newty

Yeah I'm familiar with those. Ac infinity Makes some good products. Their good
Love their products, my tents all have ACI intakes/exhausts, clip fans, humidifiers and I think their Controller 69 is one of the best automation devices on the market.

It is good practice to clean the self-watering bases at least once a week. I'm thinking after you clean them, don't refill them the same day but instead water with regular water from the top to flush any build up and then fill the bases the next day with water and nutes.

Basically,
6 days water in nutes in base
7th day, clean bases (don't refill) water plants from top with clean water
8th day, refill bases with water and nutes
Repeat

N

Noly.farms

I'm trying the ACI self-watering bases in my smaller tent. I just did my last top watering and going to start using bases tomorrow.
I'm using GH Flora series, I'm going to mix them in and see what happens.
Do you think adding an aerator or something to agitate the water/nutes would help with anything?

If I see build up, I might just use the bases as runoff trays.
I want to setup Netafim Netbows in my 8x4 next grow so could run them to the 55"x28" tent as well and won't have to worry about something for runoff and I'll use the water meter to know when to drain them.
From what I saw in mine,it would take quite a bit of movement. But I was filling the bases every other time with nuittrents . Fox Farm Big Blossom is like oatmeal colored and that’s what I think I noticed probably some other mineral build up too. Made me want to take each one out and clean out the bottom before flower, but I’m lazy

Top Bottom