• Thread starter Anthony227
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
What do I do now
Hit that search bar, bro! Help yourself to all the growing information The Farm has. You won’t be disappointed!! Now get out there and find what your seeking!!!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Root worms?
Hmm.
But I’ll tell ya what’s wrong.
Seedlings start in solo
Then 1 gal till about root bound
Then your final l pot to veg and flip.
Putting it in happy frog (the soil doesn’t drain well)(add more perlite) it drowns the root system.
There isn’t any “root worms” that I’ve ever come across in cannabis seed.
Not to say it’s not possible but it’s hard to take ones word as the main issue.
But from details provided , your setup needs a just a bit more tweaking.
Ph is key, shoot for more acidic at seedlings stage, 6.0 and then 6.3
Humidity, get a hold of that, at seedling stage, it’s crucial
Watering, small pots to start, let it dry in between, weigh it wet (soil) note that, weigh it dry, note that. Shoot for 75% by weight lower wet to dry to get a “feel” and then you will know when to water. Generally it doesn’t need too much until 2 nd sets of leaves and even then sparingly.
Only transplant once plant is 2-1 size to pot size.

D

DylonWyatt

Worms, something new. :opps: You can’t do anything with them, because the soil is their natural habitat, and they usually live deep in the soil, I doubt that they eat the roots of your plants directly. Try to tillage the soil by some means, but I'm not sure what the result will be. You need to think about this before landing, you will be a lesson for the next landing. :mushtache:

Madmax

Madmax

Look like these??
Images 17
...pot worms

Madmax

Madmax

OMFG...just googled .never seen larvae but have those gnat hanging about my plants..
I wasnt too worried till i seen the larvae and what those fuckers do...
Images 19

Madmax

Madmax

I thought same thing ;)...i put some de around base of plants ...should b some in soil as i had aphids while back and have been told once soil dries out it will still work..i got those gnats soon as i put a little cow manure into the top soil....

If i was Anthony id just change that organic soil and start fresh ....

Dbear180

Dbear180

Funny story about gnat larvae, I'm cleaning my old above the tank fish filters like usual & I throw them down as I realize these tiny little worms with black heads are starting to crawl on my fingers, I'm scared af thinking I got ringworm or some crazy worm burrowing in me now. I laughed a day or two later when I found out it was just fungus gnat larvae.

D

DylonWyatt

I agree with Madmax, now you will not do anything, you will start to poison them - the planet will suffer, you will not do anything - it is also bad. In short, the situation is shit. Change the soil, sit down and do not make such mistakes, bro.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

@Anthony227 , how big were the worms, microscopic? I'm asking, cause maybe nematodes. There are both pest and beneficial varieties. There are a number of different soil dwelling pests that can be controlled using beneficial nematodes.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I think the only thing you can do at this point is put some d.e in your soil , mix it in as good as you can, and put some on top of the soil, or get new soil and start over. When i make my soil up, i always mix some d.e. in with it .

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d start over new. Toss out the old soil. One seed lost would be too many imo. The seeds cost more than the soil. Could have lost a gem.

shaganja

shaganja

OMFG...just googled .never seen larvae but have those gnat hanging about my plants..
I wasnt too worried till i seen the larvae and what those fuckers do...View attachment 844134
Hate these fuckers. Lost twice on seeds. Was starting in wet soil, and these fuckers will eat you seedling before it can get out of the shell. So sick to see with a scope! This has happened twice using seedling soil to crack seeds. Back to paper towel.

Top Bottom