Help With Brown Spots All Over Leaves And Spreading

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mk23tas

mk23tas

About a week ago a few leaves had some brown spots on them. Over the last few days about 25% of the leaves are showing the brown spots. I assumed it was a calcium deficiency so I added some lime to the water. I followed someones recommendations about adding lime with water. The plant was in the veg state for 4 weeks and has been flowering for 23 days.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first grow.

Grow setup;
300w Led
Fox farm Ocean forest soil
General Organics Go Box
2x2x4 grow tent
started from seed
Strain is Blue Dream

Help with brown spots all over leaves and spreading

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ph your soil friend,if your running high on soil ph swing it with lower ph feed if you dig

stonestacker

stonestacker

He ment take a sample of your soil and mix with water ( you must know the ph of the water) into a slurry and check the ph of the soil. I use a piece of pipe and shove it into the soil to the bottom and pull it out and it should be full. use this soil for your PH test.

mk23tas

mk23tas

He ment take a sample of your soil and mix with water ( you must know the ph of the water) into a slurry and check the ph of the soil. I use a piece of pipe and shove it into the soil to the bottom and pull it out and it should be full. use this soil for your PH test.

The water I am using has a ph of 6.5. I mixed water with the soil and the ph is 6.7. I just watered the plant and tested the water run off and the PH is 5.9.

Last edited:
RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Could you provide a pic under normal lighting? Did you read about nutrient deficiencies in the top of this forum? There is one for nutrients issues and one for pests.

This website is also a wealth of info. https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/sick-cannabis-plant-nutrient-deficiencies

I'd flush well twice, soak up the runoff and let the soil get dry, then only water and see if It improves. It looks like a possible potassium or calcium deficiency to me. I doubt you have ph or root issues. Please read over those prepared threads above, sticky threads, and let us know what you think. :cool:

Last edited:
mk23tas

mk23tas

Could you provide a pic under normal lighting? Did you read about nutrient deficiencies in the top of this forum? There is one for nutrients issues and one for pests.

This website is also a wealth of info. https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/sick-cannabis-plant-nutrient-deficiencies

I'd flush well twice, soak up the runoff and let the soil get dry, then only water and see if It improves. It looks like a possible potassium or calcium deficiency to me. I doubt you have ph or root issues. Please read over those prepared threads above, sticky threads, and let us know what you think. :cool:
I ha

I am in the process of flushing the plant I have read all the forums and it looks like a possible Phosphorus, Potassium, or calcium deficiency. I forgot to mention the red stems but here are the pictures. I took the pictures outside of the tent.
Brown
Brown
Brown2
Brown3

• Sad
Reactions: Ina
D

dirkdaddy

Get yellow sticky traps from a garden store or Amazon and lay some on your soil. If you find what looks like to be dust-like insects collecting on the trap you have root aphids. Better to be safe than sorry.

I would also fertilize with a calcium supplement and an organic bloom fertilizer that contains calcium.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Get yellow sticky traps from a garden store or Amazon and lay some on your soil. If you find what looks like to be dust-like insects collecting on the trap you have root aphids. Better to be safe than sorry.

I would also fertilize with a calcium supplement and an organic bloom fertilizer that contains calcium.

I flushed the plant this morning and I am just going to add water for a bit to see what happens. I will add the bug strips later today. Last week when I first saw the leaves turning brown I put lime on the top of the soil and watered it. I also added CaMg to the water and the issue got worse.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I flushed the plant this morning and I am just going to add water for a bit to see what happens. I will add the bug strips later today. Last week when I first saw the leaves turning brown I put lime on the top of the soil and watered it. I also added CaMg to the water and the issue got worse.
Here is another link with lots of high quality pics and a fix for each problem.

http://ilovegrowinginvalid.com/identify-marijuana-plant-problems/

Sure you don't have spider mites? Those strips, does a pretty good job but if I have pests, I use a product called SNS209. Available on Amazon, it's organic and effective for a broad group of pests. I am leaning more towards Potassium if it's a nutrient issue. Best of luck with it. :cool:

mk23tas

mk23tas

Here is another link with lots of high quality pics and a fix for each problem.

http://ilovegrowinginvalid.com/identify-marijuana-plant-problems/

Sure you don't have spider mites? Those strips, does a pretty good job but if I have pests, I use a product called SNS209. Available on Amazon, it's organic and effective for a broad group of pests. I am leaning more towards Potassium if it's a nutrient issue. Best of luck with it. :cool:

The link didn't work. I have been using this website to help;

https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blog-potassium-deficiency-in-cannabis-plants-a-how-to-guide-n671

I looked over the leaves and couldn't find any indication of any type of bugs.

I had the fan blowing underneath the plant when the problem started. I moved the fan to the top of the canopy in case it is heat related. Do you think having the flan blowing under the plant could have caused this? I also flushed the plant this morning and did not add any more nutrients to the water. Should I wait to see what happens?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Yes, definitely wait. Let the soil get light before watering next time, while trying to determine what, if anything to add to water next time. Well, not sure on the fan. I have read that if you place a fan blowing directly onto a plant (stationary fan), it will "burn" the leaves. So, you might read up on that. I just use a standard pedestal fan, that rotates. It is in the same corner of my tent where the fresh air is pumped in. Works well. The link below is the url itself. It's similiar but a bit more detailed than RQS.
:cool:

mk23tas

mk23tas

Yes, definitely wait. Let the soil get light before watering next time, while trying to determine what, if anything to add to water next time. Well, not sure on the fan. I have read that if you place a fan blowing directly onto a plant (stationary fan), it will "burn" the leaves. So, you might read up on that. I just use a standard pedestal fan, that rotates. It is in the same corner of my tent where the fresh air is pumped in. Works well. The link below is the url itself. It's similiar but a bit more detailed than RQS.
:cool:

https://www-ilovegrowingmarijuana-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/identify-marijuana-plant-problems/amp/?amp_js_v=a1&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=http://ilovegrowinginvalid.com/identify-marijuana-plant-problems/

I am using 3 small 4 inch fans inside the tent now. They are not very strong since the tent is so small. I am starting to wonder if I am possibly over watering the plant. Some of the stuff I have read said that over watering could look like a nutrient deficiency. I water the plant about every 3-4 days when the soil is dry about an inch down. I water the plant until I see water draining from the plant.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

That's how I water too. So, don't know, but constantly wet or damp soil will cause yellowing leaves.

K

kansabis

Are you using tap water? As above what is your ppm,you may have hard water that is causing buildup and lockouts. Their is a good sticky on here you should read.

K

kansabis

I'm an idiot when it comes to tech stuff so I can't figure out how to post a link to the thread,but it's a sticky in advances techniques and problems section titles untitles understanding the effects of water with high alkalinity.

Top Bottom