Help With Brown Spots All Over Leaves And Spreading

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mk23tas

mk23tas

Nevermind I found it,around 30 days or so... Yeah you should start getting swelling of the buds for next couple weeks,then another week or so of a small amount of swelling but mostly hardening up and putting out the frost and the funk.

I would like to start out by saying I may be the dumbest grower. I was measuring out my nutrients when I just happened to notice the label that said "shake well first". I have never shaken the bottle before and I am wondering if I was even adding any nutrients because I didn't shake the bottle.

I really hope this is it because at least I can narrow it down to my own fault.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I would like to start out by saying I may be the dumbest grower. I was measuring out my nutrients when I just happened to notice the label that said "shake well first". I have never shaken the bottle before and I am wondering if I was even adding any nutrients because I didn't shake the bottle.

I really hope this is it because at least I can narrow it down to my own fault.
We all make rookie mistakes starting out. Don't be so hard on yourself lol. Well, you were still likely giving them nutes, just not correct ratios. But yes, always shake the bottle, some nutrients need that more than others. :cool:

mk23tas

mk23tas

We all make rookie mistakes starting out. Don't be so hard on yourself lol. Well, you were still likely giving them nutes, just not correct ratios. But yes, always shake the bottle, some nutrients need that more than others. :cool:

I do have a question about harvesting. At the moment the leaves appear to be getting worse and I still have several weeks left until harvest. If the leaves continue to get worse what will happen to the plant and the buds? At what point should I harvest if the plant gets worse? I would rather get something out of this plant then to watch it die.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Well, if it continues, the plant will slowly die but keep trying to grow buds. You go by your trichomes and hair turning color all over. Do you have a 30x or 60x glass loup so you can look at the trichomes? You harvest when the trichome heads have changed from clear to cloudy, with some being Amber. That is peak potency. :cool:

mk23tas

mk23tas

I thought I would give an update to this problem I had. I had the same issue on several grows and I figured it out. The brown spots was some kind of fungus. When fan leaves fall off I would put them in a bag and let them dry out before I disposed of them inside the grow tent. I discovered fungus on the fan leaves inside the bag of fan leaves. So the mold or fungus got into the air and spread on the leaves. Lesson learned, don't let fan leaves dry inside the grow tent.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I thought I would give an update to this problem I had. I had the same issue on several grows and I figured it out. The brown spots was some kind of fungus. When fan leaves fall off I would put them in a bag and let them dry out before I disposed of them inside the grow tent. I discovered fungus on the fan leaves inside the bag of fan leaves. So the mold or fungus got into the air and spread on the leaves. Lesson learned, don't let fan leaves dry inside the grow tent.
Wow great update over two years later, that's great that you came back! I looked at your original picture and I believe that could be leaf septoria
Screenshot 20200713 125610 Chrome

I'm glad you worked it out I had it about 4 years ago and it took me a few months and several grows to figure it out too, good luck!

Reactions: Ina
Madbud

Madbud

Learned that with my roses, black spot spreads by the leaves falling on the ground and contaminating the soil.

Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom