Help With Set Up

• Thread starter Jakmehauf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jakmehauf

So my friend and I are planning a small grow. We are converting a room into a 4-6 light closed loop grow. The room is approx 14x18 or so with a height of about 10 ft. I was planning on doing a giant grow tent but height is an issue since I plan on usimg gavitas so instead we may just build it up with wood or something (would like ideas on that aswell from yall if you dont mind throwing your 2 cents in. My question is what kind of ac unit and how much electricity would I be using? Im thinking a 22000 btu unit but still unsure. What kind of dehu and c02 burner would be needed aswell? Anything that I should expect or prepare for as to not have fucked up grows from the veterans on here? As far as growing I can do kickass fucking job, but for setting up im clueless. Any help would be eternally grateful. Much love yall and looking forward to starting this veture successfully with all your help/input.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

So my friend and I are planning a small grow. We are converting a room into a 4-6 light closed loop grow. The room is approx 14x18 or so with a height of about 10 ft. I was planning on doing a giant grow tent but height is an issue since I plan on usimg gavitas so instead we may just build it up with wood or something (would like ideas on that aswell from yall if you dont mind throwing your 2 cents in. My question is what kind of ac unit and how much electricity would I be using? Im thinking a 22000 btu unit but still unsure. What kind of dehu and c02 burner would be needed aswell? Anything that I should expect or prepare for as to not have fucked up grows from the veterans on here? As far as growing I can do kickass fucking job, but for setting up im clueless. Any help would be eternally grateful. Much love yall and looking forward to starting this veture successfully with all your help/input.
6,000 BTU of AC for each 1k light. run a drain to waste. use co2 bottles not burners. ideal air would be okay . 2 50 pint will suffice. you will be pulling quit a bit of power.

J

Jakmehauf

6,000 BTU of AC for each 1k light. run a drain to waste. use co2 bottles not burners. ideal air would be okay . 2 50 pint will suffice. you will be pulling quit a bit of power.

Would it be 6000 btu due to the fact that its a gavita? Ive read online 1000 w pull bout 4k.

sixstring

sixstring

Haha yea its an old school name I made when I was a little rascal. Is there any way to make the gavita vented so that I can drop that btu?

Not really,they are designed to run at a specific temperature.you could use what's called an ac/de hood and remote ballast.its basically a air cooled hood for de style lamps like gavita uses.but it doesn't actually blow any air across the bulb.if you remote ballast your de lamps and don't use burner style co2 you could get away with 4000btu per 1000w of light.so 6 x 1k hps would need 24,000 btu of cooling.but I would not do this in a hot climate like Arizona or even socal.6000btu per 1k lamp covers all types of climate and any extra gear in the room like gas co2 burners

J

Jakmehauf

Ok nother noob question, wpuld c02 bottles affect how much btu would be needed? How many bottles would I need for 4-6 lights?

I see what ya saying 6string, thanks for reply. Yea im in socal and it does get a bit hot here, 6k per light is ALOT. Im tryna figure out more cost effecient way to runs this system. May have to swap out gavitas for another 1k light that performs well and still hits good yield numbers while pulling less btu compared to 6k per haha. You got any suggestions for lights like that?

J

Jakmehauf

You can run higher temps with Co2.
Light options
Sixstring kills with cobs.
Demontrich kills with CMH.
Less heat and energy.

I'm still learning..

Haha yea I hear that brotha, we all constantly learning. Even a genius asks questions.

P

purpleking

Are you prepared to cover almost 5 months of electric bill burst from clone to first crop? Just a guess but 4 lights, 4 fans, 2 turbo fans, nutrients and water, AC and a few other things could cost over $500 per month.

P

purpleking

I pay .09 to .107 cents per kwh. 2-600 watt lights, 1 dehumidifier, 2 turbo fans, 2 oscillating fans, air pump, water pump,2 miscellaneous exhaust fans and 1-432 veg light cost me $300 per month.

J

Jakmehauf

Are you prepared to cover almost 5 months of electric bill burst from clone to first crop? Just a guess but 4 lights, 4 fans, 2 turbo fans, nutrients and water, AC and a few other things could cost over $500 per month.
Yup, ive been saving. My and my homie will handle all bills and whatnot. There are other expenses aswell such as converting the room into a closed loop also. I appreciate the heads up!

Dan789

Dan789

I pay .09 to .107 cents per kwh. 2-600 watt lights, 1 dehumidifier, 2 turbo fans, 2 oscillating fans, air pump, water pump,2 miscellaneous exhaust fans and 1-432 veg light cost me $300 per month.
Sounds high to me, those are pretty low rates to add up $300/mo. That’s 3000kwh per month or 100 kWh per day, suggest a recalc.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

you need tall ceilings for the gavita, they are designed for greenhouses for high point placement and really do well when there is a lot of them. the cross lighting does wonders. run higher temps with co2. and follow the vpd chart to a T.

J

Jakmehauf

you need tall ceilings for the gavita, they are designed for greenhouses for high point placement and really do well when there is a lot of them. the cross lighting does wonders. run higher temps with co2. and follow the vpd chart to a T.

Should I be using dif types of lights? Ceiling is bout 10 ft

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

Should I be using dif types of lights? Ceiling is bout 10 ft
yeah for sure use different lights. unless the plants are on the ground that would leave you just enough space... just. considered double ended hps, mix in CMH too. like 30 percent of the lights

sixstring

sixstring

could run these fuckers and use 4000 btu per lamp with bottled co2.pretty sweet spectrum
https://www.planetnatural.com/product/ceramic-hps/
System 600w chps

seen this live,pretty fuckin bright its a 4x 4 coverage light

Top Bottom