Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@GR33NL3AF the inconsistency and lack of repeatability is a sign the wrong people are conducting tests. It's a simple process with the proper equipment (not cheap handheld meters), with no bro-science or confabulation required.

@Dennis Yang thanks for joining the conversation. Does your firm own an integrating sphere? If not, how do you obtain your data? Can you please give us more background CV and history of Lumenhort? And what is your opinion of the DE lamp Gavita is now distributing? Which major commercial greenhouse operations use your products, and what countries do you market to currently?

Coir

Coir

In the picture I posted of the Phillips bulb, it looks just like the nano's bulb? No?

Look at the pictures Dennis posted. In the first one, it's his bulb and the(I think) Nano. See the difference in arc tube length and diameter? In his second picture, it's his and the Philips. See how the arc tubes are the same length and diameter?

K

kuz

Hey, thanks for the detailed explanation. I posted what I believe(d) to be true. I'd love to see your numbers. I am not emotional, lol. Just thought a smartass comment deserved a rebuttal.
This discussion is exactly why I am on these forums; to get to the real truth in a sea of bs. Salesmen will always be salesmen, and sometimes this forum sheds light on what's really what.
I accept your answer, no matter how it was delivered.
Thanks again.if you have any links to your research that would be awesome, as I am frequently commissioned to spend loads of other people's money, and I want to get them set up in the best possible way.
Ya man. Trying to get good info here is getting harder, too much bs to sift through. Pretty sure greedleaf isnt going to post anything worth reading. Been using gavitas for a while now, really like them. Knock offs are cheaper than wholesale gavitas now though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ya man. Trying to get good info here is getting harder, too much bs to sift through. Pretty sure greedleaf isnt going to post anything worth reading. Been using gavitas for a while now, really like them. Knock offs are cheaper than wholesale gavitas now though.
What are you looking for Kuz? Someone to hold your hand????

You want information, go get it yourself. Too many grower's are looking for that shortcut, end-all answer on what works best, it's called TRIAL AND ERROR.

I personally don't profit from any of your purchases so tell me why I would push crap your way? Whether the Nano offers the correct bulb or not it grows plants, ask Billy. This new information from Dennis is something I'm looking into because I've never personally heard this. Whatever I find I report, numerous farmers will vouch for that.

Aside from that, my rooms speak for themselves...

K

kuz

You derailed the thread with some stupid bs. I have flowered the plants under all kinds of light. the lighting industry has always focused on lumens as humans need them. I have seen many studies on the colour of light and how it affects people in the workforce and their attitudes in general. Its a very interesting subject, I was looking forward to. Then somebody has to come along and say altitdudues info is all wrong and i could tell you the real numbers but I wont. Dude you are the roofer following the hail storm.

sixstring

sixstring

dang im getting confused in here.heres what my understanding is with what appears to be the dennis yang bulb.in this pic he shows his lamp(i think) under a phillips bulb with his having 2 round discs to support the arc tube while also reflecting light differently then those pieces the phillips uses.plus his lamp has what i think he calls a getter on both ends of the bulb where the other lamps all use just one.it looks like a little computer chip or mini heat sink.color means alot to our plants,and i have not seen any spectral charts like you see with other hort bulbs,ya know how they give you a graph with color spectrum to show green red and blue?anyhow i look forward to seeing billy's results with nano,im under the impression that it is not a 400v lamp but somewhere around 300v maybe lower?
Yang lamp

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

You derailed the thread with some stupid bs. I have flowered the plants under all kinds of light. the lighting industry has always focused on lumens as humans need them. I have seen many studies on the colour of light and how it affects people in the workforce and their attitudes in general. Its a very interesting subject, I was looking forward to. Then somebody has to come along and say altitdudues info is all wrong and i could tell you the real numbers but I wont. Dude you are the roofer following the hail storm.
Get off Altitude's nuts... He was sadly misinformed which is easy to do when you base your consulting off a side show like Grower's House. Do you build your room's off of the same information? Are these the 'real' numbers you're talking about?

What is your point about Lumens...?

K

kuz

I believe you are sadly misinformed. When I got into the lighting business the lights were made in south carolina. Sure that you dont have a clue about that. Altitude is a real dude, doing his thing. Not on his nuts, more like punching the idiiot that dont know in the face.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I believe you are sadly misinformed. When I got into the lighting business the lights were made in south carolina. Sure that you dont have a clue about that. Altitude is a real dude, doing his thing. Not on his nuts, more like punching the idiiot that dont know in the face.

Misinformed about what exactly?

I've sifted through every light worth growing under. (period)

Don't care where lighting came from but where it's growing.

Altitude may be a good guy and good farmer but taking advice from an unreliable source.

Billyboat

Billyboat

So my buddy let me borrow an epap 1000 with the Phillips bulb...

Now I see the difference. The nano is long and skinny and the Phillips is short and fat.

Would my par readings help at all in this case?

The Phillips was just slightly less par then the nano bulb, in the nano fixture.

I can post some actual numbers if they mean anything..

@GR33NL3AF @Dennis Yang

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

So my buddy let me borrow an epap 1000 with the Phillips bulb...

Now I see the difference. The nano is long and skinny and the Phillips is short and fat.

Would my par readings help at all in this case?

The Phillips was just slightly less par then the nano bulb, in the nano fixture.

I can post some actual numbers if they mean anything..

@GR33NL3AF @Dennis Yang
That's actually a relief to hear the nano's bulb put out more PAR.... I have a meeting with Nanolux's President tomorrow to discuss various questions that I've received lately. The shape of the Arc tube is one of them.

Dennis Yang has allot of valuable information on his website however, the results your seeing say it all. Numbers on a spectrometer or Par meter aren't as important as how your plant actually responds under that fixture. Thanks for the feedback Billy. Ill hit you up on PM tomorrow after I talk to Nanolux, let me know if you have any questions for him.

Billyboat

Billyboat

That's actually a relief to hear the nano's bulb put out more PAR.... I have a meeting with Nanolux's President tomorrow to discuss various questions that I've received lately. The shape of the Arc tube is one of them.

Dennis Yang has allot of valuable information on his website however, the results your seeing say it all. Numbers on a spectrometer or Par meter aren't as important as how your plant actually responds under that fixture. Thanks for the feedback Billy. Ill hit you up on PM tomorrow after I talk to Nanolux, let me know if you have any questions for him.

I actually have a conference call planned with their tech guys for tomorrow, I was going to ask the exact same questions!

Great minds think alike.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Quick picture i snagged of some cookies under the nano...looking super healthy, they are eating more then I'm used to, hence the purple petioles.

Top Bottom