Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chinqlinq

chinqlinq

So Hydrofarm has had this Gavita/E-pap all-in-one light fixture for a while now but I have seen no reviews or any conversation brought up by them.

They claim it has the 'correct' and equivalent bulb that puts out 2100 umol like the Philips, Ushio and Gavita. They've made the proper ballast to strike it @ 400V also. Biggest pro is that this kit is a lot cheaper in the bigger scheme of things than the Gavita/E-pap when you search around.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with these? Doesn't seem like it would be too far off with performance in comparison.

phantom_double_ended_ballast_reflector-complete.jpg

PHANTOMPAGE1.png

Coir

Coir

I saw one of these in person recently. It has the Ushio bulb, which when compared side by side to the brand new Gavita(Philips) bulb, were identical down to every last detail other than the name stamped on the side.
The reflector was the only difference between it and the Gavita. It is pretty much identical to the E-pap and could be supplied by them I suppose. If you like or need the E-pap style reflector, these would probably save you a few$ for identical performance.

Coir

Coir

Very interesting. Anyone know where these are made? The price looks good compared to the Gavita/E-pap
I like the horizontal vs vertical ballast for areas that don't have higher ceilings!

Last edited:
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I just got my hands on the nanolux de set up and it's reflector is like the gavita, and it also has some neat wifi features. I'm going to borrow some meters and see the output.
Nice find brother;)

We just threw these up on our site, very nice fixture. Many additional features compared to the Gavita and $100 less(or even less, depending on volume)! Other reflector options will be offered soon...

Upgrades:
-Ceramic bulb holder, not plastic
-Dim up to 1200w
-Detachable ballast that lays flat
-Built in RF shielding, much lower readings then Gavita...Patent Pending
-Lighting controller is wireless and will soon be accessible from your phone

Testing puts it right next to the Gavita, now all that's needed is the Genesis DE bulb;) Which is testing over the Ushio/Gavita

So Hydrofarm has had this Gavita/E-pap all-in-one light fixture for a while now but I have seen no reviews or any conversation brought up by them.

They claim it has the 'correct' and equivalent bulb that puts out 2100 umol like the Philips, Ushio and Gavita. They've made the proper ballast to strike it @ 400V also. Biggest pro is that this kit is a lot cheaper in the bigger scheme of things than the Gavita/E-pap when you search around.

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with these? Doesn't seem like it would be too far off with performance in comparison.

phantom_double_ended_ballast_reflector-complete.jpg

PHANTOMPAGE1.png
This has been out for sometime now, discussed it in depth at the Expo. What's weird is when Hydrofarm jumped on the wagon no one really gave a shit, we haven't even considered testing or offering these to our clients. Same applies to the Phantom ballast, just not too interested in it... but that 'Easy-to-Carry' Suitcase box is SUPER official:D

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

These are pretty solid; especially if you've never seen doubled-ended PAR at work. Bangin.
For the best PAR possible currently with 1000w, it's Galaxy GrowAmp, Philips DE bulbs, and AC/DE hoods WITHOUT glass or air-cooling. Runs a little hot but kills it.

PS: these test results were WITH the glass.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

These are pretty solid; especially if you've never seen doubled-ended PAR at work. Bangin.
For the best PAR possible currently with 1000w, it's Galaxy GrowAmp, Philips DE bulbs, and AC/DE hoods WITHOUT glass or air-cooling. Runs a little hot but kills it.

PS: these test results were WITH the glass.
Do you work for Grower's House?

Those AC/DE's are badass but there is no way that test is accurate.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I just got my hands on the nanolux de set up and it's reflector is like the gavita, and it also has some neat wifi features. I'm going to borrow some meters and see the ou
tput.

Id love to hear how these work out for you. Im looking to buy a large order of lights and considered these. Greenleaf said they tested well compared to gavita but the reflectors werent the high grade german aluminum. which they are supposed to change soon. keep us posted please

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Nice find brother;)

We just threw these up on our site, very nice fixture. Many additional features compared to the Gavita and $100 less(or even less, depending on volume)! Other reflector options will be offered soon...

Upgrades:
-Ceramic bulb holder, not plastic
-Dim up to 1200w
-Detachable ballast that lays flat
-Built in RF shielding, much lower readings then Gavita...Patent Pending
-Lighting controller is wireless and will soon be accessible from your phone

Testing puts it right next to the Gavita, now all that's needed is the Genesis DE bulb;) Which is testing over the Ushio/Gavita

This has been out for sometime now, discussed it in depth at the Expo. What's weird is when Hydrofarm jumped on the wagon no one really gave a shit, we haven't even considered testing or offering these to our clients. Same applies to the Phantom ballast, just not too interested in it... but that 'Easy-to-Carry' Suitcase box is SUPER official:D

Thought I knew it all... didnt even know of the existance of these. Hows the light coverage of the Gavita style reflectors vs the E-pap style when ran inline with multiple lights.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@GR33NL3AF when are the DE genesis bulbs going to be available?
Still no release date.. They have been tested though and last I heard they're working on a unique box for it so it's not exposed like a damn T5 bulb..
Bro my dick is 12 inches...soft
Must be one happy guy
Thought I knew it all... didnt even know of the existance of these. Hows the light coverage of the Gavita style reflectors vs the E-pap style when ran inline with multiple lights.
I'm on my phone right now but check Monster Gardens YouTube channel. About 3-4 weeks ago we produced a lengthy video discussing the appropriate placement of each fixture to achieve maximum intensity.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Do you work for Grower's House?

Those AC/DE's are badass but there is no way that test is accurate.

No, I don't work for Grower's House. Do you work for an adult book store?
Why don't YOU do a test and post the results, if you think this info is BS? Have a mod delete it if you can prove it's inaccurate. I wasn't trolling. I was trying to add to this thread. My little hobby grow is nothing but t5 and 600w, but I do consult for warehouse ops in Colorado, and the AC/DE hooded DEs are crushing Gavita pros and all other DE bulbs IME. Remove the glass and DON'T air-cool for best results. The Gavita EL2 master controller make them an awesome option for running many lights, though. They are an excellent choice for supplemental greenhouse lighting. There is at least one 12,000 sf greenhouse using them currently. 80+ lights on one master controller is pretty sick.
Don't go double-ended at all if you don't have at LEAST 9-foot ceilings.

I don't work for SunSystems, either. Just sharing my experience.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Also, Solis Tek is coming out with a DE metal halide, for those of you who like a dual spectrum, or just have to have a Ferrari veg room, lol. Supposedly they produce the maximum amount of UV, so maybe they should come with sunscreen.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

No, I don't work for Grower's House. Do you work for an adult book store?
Why don't YOU do a test and post the results, if you think this info is BS? Have a mod delete it if you can prove it's inaccurate. I wasn't trolling. I was trying to add to this thread. My little hobby grow is nothing but t5 and 600w, but I do consult for warehouse ops in Colorado, and the AC/DE hooded DEs are crushing Gavita pros and all other DE bulbs IME. Remove the glass and DON'T air-cool for best results. The Gavita EL2 master controller make them an awesome option for running many lights, though. They are an excellent choice for supplemental greenhouse lighting. There is at least one 12,000 sf greenhouse using them currently. 80+ lights on one master controller is pretty sick.
Don't go double-ended at all if you don't have at LEAST 9-foot ceilings.

I don't work for SunSystems, either. Just sharing my experience.
Also, Solis Tek is coming out with a DE metal halide, for those of you who like a dual spectrum, or just have to have a Ferrari veg room, lol. Supposedly they produce the maximum amount of UV, so maybe they should come with sunscreen.
For starters I have tested it. I work for Monster Gardens a leader in the industry because we TEST everything with a spectrometer, par meter and staff that is few and far between and only stand behind reliability and efficiency. I didn't say you were trolling, don't get emotional on me. And in MY experience over the several hundred customers I deal with one a daily bases, the AC/DE is killing it but not like the original Gavita and I will give you a hint as to why. It's not about the footprint, glass, air-cooling (which, if you're not going to air cool the AC/DE why waste the money???? Buy the DE Boss) or reflective capability, it's about the micromol's ie the reflector is insignificant. And to be frank my company consults the 'consultant's' so that word is also insignificant. I know all the specs on all the equipment that matters, and so do all my co-workers, this is why they come to us.

Solistek's MH is a coal miner bulb that has been around for a LONG time and you know the reason no one wanted to put it on the market? It's crap. All that product is, is hype. It's blown up because "They were the first to do it"... wrong..simple marketing. We almost did it too but didn't want to offer an inferior product. Trust me, don't waste your money.

I simply had to address the 'supposedly' and 'speculation' because not allot of people are getting the FACTS about these products. So, don't take this personal.

Coir

Coir

For starters I have tested it. I work for Monster Gardens a leader in the industry because we TEST everything with a spectrometer, par meter and staff that is few and far between and only stand behind reliability and efficiency. I didn't say you were trolling, don't get emotional on me. And in MY experience over the several hundred customers I deal with one a daily bases, the AC/DE is killing it but not like the original Gavita and I will give you a hint as to why. It's not about the footprint, glass, air-cooling (which, if you're not going to air cool the AC/DE why waste the money???? Buy the DE Boss) or reflective capability, it's about the micromol's ie the reflector is insignificant. And to be frank my company consults the 'consultant's' so that word is also insignificant. I know all the specs on all the equipment that matters, and so do all my co-workers, this is why they come to us.

Solistek's MH is a coal miner bulb that has been around for a LONG time and you know the reason no one wanted to put it on the market? It's crap. All that product is, is hype. It's blown up because "They were the first to do it"... wrong..simple marketing. We almost did it too but didn't want to offer an inferior product. Trust me, don't waste your money.

I simply had to address the 'supposedly' and 'speculation' because not allot of people are getting the FACTS about these products. So, don't take this personal.

So in your testing, is there really a big difference between the Gavita and Nanolux or something like the Agrolux fixtures that all appear virtually identical as far as design goes? Is the Philips bulb better than the one in the Nanalux fixture? Will the Genesis bulb compete with the Philips bulb? Have you seen these? http://www.agrolux.com/index.php/en/home/16.html

Top Bottom