Hydroponic Deficiency Or Excess?

• Thread starter FarmerZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerZ

Hey man,

I’m using distilled water @ 006ppm

Flood and drain every 4hrs for 5mins starting at lights on.

4th week flowering and yesterday mixed up:

Ph was at 5.

Calmag up to 250ppm
Silicate Full dose as spec.
Micro full dose as spec.
Bloom full dose as spec.
Big fruit and enzymes.

And didn’t add any grow.

My ppm is only reading 565ppm.

Is it normal?

Ph @ ca. 5.5-6 after adjusting.

Thanks

Chemicals (including pH up/down) need to be thoroughly mixed, or you will get false readings

I don't see how you can do that in your set up, unless you have an outboard rez

Click on my signature for ideas

F

FarmerZ

Thanks for reply,

I got that, usually I stick to half amount aswell. But yesterday I started measuring with ppm meter And first time using distilled water instead of tap water. after full doses of calmag, silicate, micro and bloom and enzymes and booster my ppm is only at 565...

I thought full dose I’d Be at around 1100-1200ppm...

Only thing I can say is the makers of the nutes generally recommend too much (to boost sales) and often are close to 2X what is good (at least for my plants) but each strain is quite different. The strongest veg ppm level I go with is about 500 and for flower around 800-900 strongest but that is just to my specific strain and environment. General Hydro in my opinion gives numbers that are way high. If I follow their recommendations for seedlings I get numbers like 400 or so and my water starts out somewhere around 30. I am going to move to a new nute next cycle cause GH is now owned by Scotts and ultimately by Bayer and soon to be Monsanto if the merger goes thru.

Thinking of using Current Culture in the future.

Dee

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Hey man,

I’m using distilled water @ 006ppm

Flood and drain every 4hrs for 5mins starting at lights on.

4th week flowering and yesterday mixed up:

Ph was at 5.

Calmag up to 250ppm
Silicate Full dose as spec.
Micro full dose as spec.
Bloom full dose as spec.
Big fruit and enzymes.

And didn’t add any grow.

My ppm is only reading 565ppm.

Is it normal?

Ph @ ca. 5.5-6 after adjusting.

Thanks

Microbes can react badly in hydro (it did in mine). Instead use enzymes and aminos, which microbes make

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks for reply,

I got that, usually I stick to half amount aswell. But yesterday I started measuring with ppm meter And first time using distilled water instead of tap water. after full doses of calmag, silicate, micro and bloom and enzymes and booster my ppm is only at 565...

I thought full dose I’d Be at around 1100-1200ppm...

Just depends on how much water you mixed it into and whether your salts meter is accurate. BTW, switch to EC, which is far more meaningful

chemistry

chemistry

You should be on 700/800ppm's in flower with coco, and I wouldn't stop my bloom nuits 4 weeks onto flower, PH 6.0/6.2, when you make up your water, put your calmag in first, then PH. If your PPM's are only 565 all in, you can top that up with more bloom up to 700ppm total.

F

FarmerZ

You should be on 700/800ppm's in flower with coco, and I wouldn't stop my bloom nuits 4 weeks onto flower, PH 6.0/6.2, when you make up your water, put your calmag in first, then PH. If your PPM's are only 565 all in, you can top that up with more bloom up to 700ppm total.

Good day!

I stopped ‚GROW not BLOOM.

Got an accurate meter - ppm 1350... thought it would be high and it is. But went abroad for a week and my ladies looking good. Week 6.5 flowering.

To lower PPM I just add distilled water right?

Another question: my canopy is thick and some lower tiny buds aren’t getting any light - up to when can I trim of lower unnecessary growth? I haven’t yet as I don’t want to stress them out.... it’s week 6 flowering...
88A3DC14 B200 4DA5 9F69 1BD8EB6D922A

chemistry

chemistry

Leave them as they are, plants look good, keep doing what your doing, how long until your strain finishes? Get some control fluid for your testing meters, then you can set them.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Try keeping your nutrient solution under 20C. In F, solution will hold 10x's more oxygen at 65, than 75. I try and keep my solution at18C fwiw
From the pics, the plant doesn't look too bad. Just seems your final yield will probably be effected.
The more o2 the roots get, and cooler the solution (between 62-67)
, you'll be preventing future problems, and better, more explosive growth

F

FarmerZ

Leave them as they are, plants look good, keep doing what your doing, how long until your strain finishes? Get some control fluid for your testing meters, then you can set them.

So I got control of everything at the very end...PH/EC/PPM. they look good, harvest will be kind of low: I’d say due to

- no lst
- 3plants in that tiny space
- hydro container too small for proper root growth
- not 100%optimal lighting (due lack of lst)
-first 3-4weeks flowering lower light levels.

I have exactly 5-10days to harvest (i think)

-middle looks very close
- right and left are ca. 9-10days

Yesterday I started flushing. Today Flushed for an hour and added salt remover and now changed to distilled.

Is it too early for flush?

Im excited but don’t want to mess anything up.

Any tips?

- I can’t keep temps at lights off under 21-23C where I come from. At lights on min. 24-25C.
-water 19-23C

Thanks for your replies!

AB924F0E 713E 4EED BDD6 04777185592F
CE8CE98A 1ECF 491B 8FD3 4548F2711854
F

FarmerZ

Try keeping your nutrient solution under 20C. In F, solution will hold 10x's more oxygen at 65, than 75. I try and keep my solution at18C fwiw
From the pics, the plant doesn't look too bad. Just seems your final yield will probably be effected.
The more o2 the roots get, and cooler the solution (between 62-67)
, you'll be preventing future problems, and better, more explosive growth

Im trying to keep temps as low as possible... replied above

Thanks!

F

FarmerZ

How did you get on in the end, my bet is you made it pay.
1 of them ended up a blue cheese dream :) first time i had ever managed to cure bud properly with meters. :) it was delicious.

oh my god, but today i am on another level :) and super proud of what im achieving. decided it was time to come back on here. back then i wasnt able to grow legally, now we can grow 4 at home :)

Top Bottom