I just had to show the Farm my 1st airlayer

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:D and Maybe get some advice on what to do next.

I am so happy this worked :p

Airlayer4 19c

Airlayer5 2

Pbbx2airlayer

vaporedout

vaporedout

so ken..... what is the benefits of this process, or outwest...... both of you guys now have done this and im curious now. ive read of fruit trees they do this to but feed the nutes through this "new roots". is that what it is? lemme know

dankworth

dankworth

Gigantic scrogged moms. Air-layered at the metal part of the scrog screen. Plant count would be better for some in some states. Badass work.
Advice? Repeat as necessary. Joke.
Pretty cool. I air-layered for a bit.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
ahhhh, is it better than just cutting the plant in half and leaving the lower part?

The plants was gifted to me, and was trimmed like a palm tree, nothing on the stalk for the first 12 inches.

outwest

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
so ken..... what is the benefits of this process, or outwest...... both of you guys now have done this and im curious now. ive read of fruit trees they do this to but feed the nutes through this "new roots". is that what it is? lemme know

Howdy Vapor. :) It was mostly just for fun, an experiment. This plant was a runt..and not branching much.(until i did this to it)
I wanted cuts to make clones....and Didn't want to take the top off and have it Not root....So went with this method..

I think I Supercropped it pretty good too. ;)

I am wondering if I should start feeding it a bit...maybe some kelp water..Couldn't hurt..
But its still feeding the top with suppercropped stem..so?

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Nice! what did you prep/water it with? How long til it rooted?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice! what did you prep/water it with? How long til it rooted?
Used clonex and rock wool. Plain well water with a turkey baster:) I started it 17 days ago. and almost gave up hope.
I had to look back to my post on this thread
Contest for free beans..............Come one Come All
but this one is not my entry

Sweet, wait for some more roots, cut and plant. Hope she makes it for you.
Thanks Me too...Not sure I wanna cut them apart just yet...they both look happy.

I will give them it another week I think

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks AllDaze! :)
I hope I don't mess it up in front of everyone now.:confused:

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

lookin good ken, don't worry about messing it up man. You already got it to root, just let it get some more roots and you got yourself 2 moms. congrats.

nebulius

nebulius

Always learning something new, thanks Ken for sharing. Wow plants are amazing! Cool how adaptable they are. So much possibility.

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

Nice job bro. I had read about this alot and knew it worked but had yet to see someone actually do it...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hi guys..I dont know WTF in doing here...The top of this plant just keeps getting bigger!:eek:

PBBX2 5 11

The roots are filling in and out of the rock wool. But Im not sure that theere is enough roots to support that big clone. :confused:

Airlayer5 11

It drinks O lot of water...I give it about an oz of water a couple times a day. Pain in the ass kinda..

When can I cut this?...Cant really turn back now..:rolleyes:

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I saw this picture and for a second I was like hanging on the edge of my seat. A real fucking cliff hanger. What's a poor dirt farmer to do?! Stay tuned for next week's episode!

We're rooting for you Ken! (pun intended)

outwest

Chobble

Chobble

Boy ken. This is even out of my line of expertise... Get back to me when you start grafting ;) Thats some mighty fine work you have. Maybe set it up on a drip system? Im sure you could get a small set up for 20$

Chobble

Latest posts

Top Bottom