I just had to show the Farm my 1st airlayer

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Boy ken. This is even out of my line of expertise... Get back to me when you start grafting ;) Thats some mighty fine work you have. Maybe set it up on a drip system? Im sure you could get a small set up for 20$

Chobble

Grafting is next chobble!

I forgot to update this thread,(had another going)

He she is (cut free and Happy)
Airlayer5 11solo

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Im thinking of grafting next.

I have large Sour tsunami tree that I may try to graft to.

what should I put on there?... Several Strains? :D

Bubba on a tree?

Chobble

Chobble

Im thinking of grafting next.

I have large Sour tsunami tree that I may try to graft to.

what should I put on there?... Several Strains? :D

Bubba on a tree?

I've been told to only graft to new cuttings. That grafting it like a tree doesnt work to well. Give it a go :P I would love to see a multi colored/strained tree :P

You would get serious cred for it :D Im intending on doing one this summer when my indoor is up n running at full capacity.

Chobble

deep buddy

deep buddy

yep airlayering is badass , i remember airlayering rubber tree plants w/ my mom as a lil tyke. though it is a whole lot easier to airlayer those than cannabis so good job bud thats pretty badass.

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey ken they are looking great! yes my man. i was thinkin of trying grafting myself. i think it would be really kool to have two strains on one plant to get cuttings from. hmmm 42o

nebulius

nebulius

I've been told to only graft to new cuttings. That grafting it like a tree doesnt work to well. Give it a go :p I would love to see a multi colored/strained tree :p

You would get serious cred for it :D Im intending on doing one this summer when my indoor is up n running at full capacity.

Chobble
Have people successfully grafted cannabis plants to cannabis plants? I've heard of people grafting cannabis and hops but never anything else.
That would be cool to graft a 100% indica to a 100% sativa.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I read a bit about the Mother too.
The Multi strain Mother plant is the end goal...yep...
cause I dont wanna runs light for ten mothers anymore.

But...Im gonna take it one step at a time.
Im just going to graft a Nice vegging bubba kush branch on the this soon to be Sour tsunami tree.

SourT5 14

It has a beautiful blemish free trunk(s) ( gotta get a close up pic) its kind of a trip.

I have Not read much of anything about how to do this....o_O
But Im going with the KISS tech. :)
Clean razor blade and some tape...
Im ready

I will report back...lol...stay tuned for more antics :D

nebulius

nebulius

Man that is so cool, thanks for being the guinea pig Ken. For someone growing for personal use it makes complete sense. Image the savings on electricity and space. And the possibility of having a muti-strain grow each time while keeping significantly less moms. I want to do a medical mom with different CBD strains. :rolleyes:

Dr.X

Dr.X

Answered my own question. Curiosity got the best of me:) . Guy in the vid is talking about grafting different strains to one mother plant so you don't have to have several moms. Love that idea!
Check this out.

So Cool!! I thought about this a while ago when I was studying grafting a Lemon tree with multiple lemon strains.. I never got into it cause all the plants need different kind of feeding. I'm also curious... if you do it, all the strains retain they own characteristics?
If that is so, I'll do it when I start growing again, just for saving space and cause the law here is pretty strict about number of plants.

Sooooo Cool!!!!:D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I havent had a chance to watch the vid that neb posted yet.,..but im gonna

I did watch a few mins of this one..

I plan to try it very soon! :)

Top Bottom