If You Flip To 1212 After 4 Weeks Veg Do You Still Count The Flip As Day 1 Of Flower

• Thread starter Sostoned420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sostoned420

do you count the flip to 1212 as day 1 of flower if plant was only in veg 4 weeks..i know it usaly takes longer then 4 weeks for a plant to show sex and thats not connting seedling stage as being in veg..reson im asking is because this is the shortest veg ever for me and i counted flip as day 1 flower but all plants look weeks behind on flower except 1 blue dream...my plants have always shown sex before the flip so never experienced short veg before

Monster762

Monster762

do you count the flip to 1212 as day 1 of flower if plant was only in veg 4 weeks..i know it usaly takes longer then 4 weeks for a plant to show sex and thats not connting seedling stage as being in veg..reson im asking is because this is the shortest veg ever for me and i counted flip as day 1 flower but all plants look weeks behind on flower except 1 blue dream...my plants have always shown sex before the flip so never experienced short veg before
Yes I usually count first whole day. So after first 12 hr night I call it day 1. But that’s me. In general day 1 is day you flip lights

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i count day 1 when i see headlights,as you mention some fall shorter than others,so instead of jacking with my head when i see headlights,day1,i dont even go by that i go by trichomes that the real story,also makes it easier when you throw another batch in with them and keep on trucking,i cant keep up with numbers hahaha

Toaster79

Toaster79

Novel idea!!!

Fart noise!

Why so? If I drop my seeds under 12/12 and start counting flowering time there's no way that the end day count of 12/12 is gonna be the real flowering time as my plants are gonna need 4-8weeks of life to finally be sexually mature to start actually flowering. If I take a cut from a 3 weeks old plant and flower it out, but the plant is gonna need another 5 weeks to actually reach sexual maturity, flowering time will be way off again.

But if I take a cut from a grown out mother plant then flowring time will be pretty exact counting day 1 from 12/12. Or if I flip a 4 weeks old plant from seed that's actually showing sex.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

9579EE38 2B35 4787 BBFF ECEB01A38BA6
Novel idea!!!

Fart noise!

S

Sostoned420

1st day of 12/12 is day 1
thats how i always count it...but with only 4 weeks of veg and plant not showing sex before flip and looking at my buds going in to week 4 i think flower started way later kuz them buds are small but also here kush is low yealders....i also always go 9 weeks on 8 week flowers wen conting 1212 as day 1 clones always finsh on time tho....but looks to me 10 weeks on these plants wel i hope any way...buds look 2 weeks old

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Maybe that's why so many peeps flowering times don't match the breeders .... it's all about sexual maturity at flip as @Toaster79 has said .

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

Sk#1 7-8 weeks hmm funny I harvest at 56 days ... try not counting till you see the flowers starting to form then your flower time will be closer on par .

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Sk#1 7-8 weeks hmm funny I harvest at 56 days ... try not counting till you see the flowers starting to form then your flower time will be closer on par .
How do you decide "when flowers start to form" ??? All mine have preflowers at the flip to 12/12. Thats why day 1 for me is the day i flip to 12/12.

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I wouldn't consider it day one after flip until there are pistils all over the plant . I don't just force flower though I prefer to transition with a one week transition of lights you'll be covered in pistils before you even get to 12/12.

H

heisen

1st day of 12/12 is day 1
This is wrong and a loaded answer,How can you count day 1 if a plant hasnt showed sex yet,You saying 12 12 from seed a plant will finish in 8 weeks from sprout?NO they wont.If a plant is shown sex you can count from the day of flip but if it hasnt shown sex 12 12 wont force sexual maturity it only boost levels to flower the plant whether it be a male or a female.Clones you can count from day of flip,
Ive had plants from seeds NOT show sexual representation for 6 weeks from sprout.12 12 didnt make them do nothing but grow slow

H

heisen

I wouldn't consider it day one after flip until there are pistils all over the plant . I don't just force flower though I prefer to transition with a one week transition of lights you'll be covered in pistils before you even get to 12/12.
I agree and do not understand why people just say yeah you count from day of flip cause thats just what everyone else says.A plant can NOT flower if it has no sexual expression to even start flowering.12 12 only initiates the flowering process but it does not sexually mature a plant.

H

heisen

How do you decide "when flowers start to form" ??? All mine have preflowers at the flip to 12/12. Thats why day 1 for me is the day i flip to 12/12.
When you sex a bunch of regular seeds on the regular you will get a few from time to time that take FOREVER to start showing sex.Plants will show sex under 18 hours of light when they are ready

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I forget a bunch of you grow from seed. I grow from cuts so day 1 of 12 is day 1 for me. Also I'd already have my seed plants sexed before flower but that just me. Happy Growing

Top Bottom