• Tagged users None
Durksta

Durksta

Important flush harvest question
Important flush harvest question 2
Important flush harvest question 3
Important flush harvest question 4
Important flush harvest question 5
ive started to flush my plant since yesterday wanted to go 2 weeks but I feel that it’s at optimum harvest point about 60-70% brown hairs under the scope it’s cloudy with no amber tricomes I tried to take a photo of the microscope to show you need some help don’t want any harsh weed but want it to be potent. If I harvest now with only 2 days of flush I will need to cure for longer?

lino

lino

Harvest is one of the most misunderstood and biggest problems with toxins in cannabis. w/o laying down a 1000 word documentary, i get a little wordy Ive been told, I'll give you some simple test that you can do w/o a lab.

But 1st the time window.
With 48 - 64 flower day plants it is very hard to flush and have proper nutes at the same time. Growing 96 day flowers are much easier to purify and vine rippen on the plant. Ethyl - glycol and other ripping agents (hormones also) stay away from these chems...
  • How bout phytoremediation principles, how to use this to our advantage, Taste & Purity. I have never met anyone to date that manipulates this? Most overlooked taste benefit. Most add bad taste unknowingly.
  • in the epidermis , plant cuticle , plant leaf wax, excuse spelling, how do we clean w/o damage to the plant. this is overlooked and where many plant toxin lay dormant waiting for chemical reaction like heat (fire).
  • Harvest colors present? not to be confused with lower yellow leaves and plant flushing colors.
Okay once we've mastered growing for the Flush ( I could write a book on this alone) lets move on to testing our grow products for the most common poisons that 99% of growers are doing to their buds (heavy metals).

This just pisses off my Bro's so I quit doing it. But I'd go to ppl homes and to bongs like we all do, I had a certain magnesium alloy poker rod I use for this test, (use soft iron like a cloths hanger see below). I poke the bong to dirty the poker with resin. Once I had full rod I'd pull out a MET gas, but butane will work also. I light up over a ash tray and for those guys harvesting dark green and not washing correctly, LMAO,, I actually could make a Firework Sparkler out of the Resin magnesium alloy poker rod .
With butane or MET gas you will see sparks when the resin burns. This is METAL. Foxfarm dirt says it contains metals and causes cancer, this is what those Cali tree huggers are talking about, metal poison.
I was asked to go work with the state of Oregon testing centers a few years ago. I went with the state guys I tested bud from Port to Bend. The shit was some of the worst I'd ever seen back then. Id walk into a facility get bud and throw it in a microwave with Clear glass observation window. I know which metal is in it by the colors of the sparks just like fireworks show.
In Alfalfa it was pure metal, I'd rate this bud almost lethal with metal toxins. The guy asks me for consultation on his sick plants, large grn house set up out there. I go back out and tell him what I'll do to fix it. he argues with me, wont pay a nickle, I go home. true story...

Metal Tests.

1. Okay you just read about the FireCracker Test.
  2. Rod Test. Use soft metal poker, cloths hanger. Avoid harden rods/pokers and other metal alloys pokers. Burn (high temps) it with lots of resin from the bong or smoking devices.
Lots of sparks will fly off the resin rod with most resin from incorrectly flushed bud. Cpl sparks from this test is rare and the resin came from clean bud. If it look like a sparkler there is lots of metal in the cannabis consumption.
These test will not test for many pesticides. just a good test for the plant Flush success...

scubascrog

scubascrog

2 wk flush in hydro should be pretty clean flush,,, some peeps will use small amt of nutes cpl time, i dont,, IDK,, your guess is good as mine....

Ooof. hate to say but those plants look like they have a lot of nutes in them. as long as you werent shoving a bunch of raw ferts down there you might be good still. You want the plant to basically use the nutrients left in the leaves 2 weeks from finish, so as soon as 1/3 the plant turns brown hairs I cut out everything (usually a carbo loaded pk at this time) minus a nice Potassium finishing / sweet product that is weak but still will give enough potassium to fatten buds until I see the leaves fall off. then you know its done because the plant isnt drinking anymore and it starts looking like its completely done. try to mimic the season change of fall by starving them and make them change colors :)

scubascrog

scubascrog

Flush until 1/4 of those trichomes are a considerable amber and itll be less harsh

S

Shawnery

It also changes the effect it will have on you. If you want a couchlock kind of high more amber more better. But if you want a more energetic high you harvest with much fewer Amber. This is independent of strain, indica or sativa.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Guys, what is the minimum amount of time you can flush a plant in a dwc system? I read somewhere where they said 3 days was enough. But thats in dwc, not soil or rockwool. I have a plant in dwc and rockwool ready to be picked. Im gonna try for a minimum of 7 days but id like to know what’s sufficient

H

heisen

I never flush dwc,I just end up with such a weak solution the last week that it takes care if itself.im usually down to 200 ppm bu the last week.i use only dry kool bloom and that shit is amazing for bulking up your buds.
My stuff always taste good and my wife likes my hydro better than the dirt stuff

mikeb437

mikeb437

I never flush dwc,I just end up with such a weak solution the last week that it takes care if itself.im usually down to 200 ppm bu the last week.i use only dry kool bloom and that shit is amazing for bulking up your buds.
My stuff always taste good and my wife likes my hydro better than the dirt stuff

I started to flush about 10 days ago and then somebody told me that I was doing it too early. So then I put a little bit of nutrients in the tank for another five days. It was probably less than 500 ppm. I started running regular pH water ever since Wednesday and planning a wednesday harvest. I have another plant in rockwool ready. Will a 7 day flush be ok? I also bought some chemical that cleans out the roots before you harvest. Going to use that as well

Top Bottom