Increasing Resin Production, And Density

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

I'm just saying, people been growing great weed without UV for years.

MW7945

MW7945

lol

You come in here talking about UV not doing anything significant.... yet you never even ran it? WTF?

You then proceed to tell us that this method of increasing trichome-density does nothing significant.

Do you normally speak from your asshole.... or was this just a special occasion?

~

I missed the part I said I've never ran it. I recall saying I'm using vero29s only at the moment.

Do you normally get this butthurt on the internet? That's right... it's 2017... everyone gets butthurt about everything.

MW7945

MW7945

And again I said doesn't do anything SIGNIFICANT. I've never seen anything to refute that. What, maybe 5% increase? 10 tops? That's not significant.

BioStimz

BioStimz

I missed the part I said I've never ran it. I recall saying I'm using vero29s only at the moment.

Vero29 doesnt tell us anything. If you actually ran UV-lighting, and your stance on this is that it doesn't do anything significant and it damages trichomes..... then you fuc*d up.

BioStimz

BioStimz

And again I said doesn't do anything SIGNIFICANT. I've never seen anything to refute that. What, maybe 5% increase? 10 tops? That's not significant.
Once again.... speak for yourself

Some of us happen to know a thing or two about [effective] spectrum-manipulation.

MW7945

MW7945

Show me your 25% increase in trichomes from UV then. I'll be waiting.

Not sure when I said anything about damaging trichomes either :/

MW7945

MW7945

Well, you're an expert spectrum manipulator, 25% should be no problem ;)

BioStimz

BioStimz

Well, you're an expert spectrum manipulator, 25% should be no problem ;)
I'm just going to refrain from continuing with the nonsense at this point.

You tell us that UV does nothing significant and damages trichomes.

I tell you I have first-hand experience that it does have significant THC-increasing effects, but knowing that's merely anecdotal evidence.... I offer to present the peer-reviewed scientific literature which unequivocally proves otherwise.

Come back a little later when I have some time. Then you'll see where you are wrong.

MW7945

MW7945

Do you even read what I say? This will be the second time I've said this: I never said UV damages trichomes.

I understand the theory is that UV light damages plants, and their way of defending themselves is producing more trichomes. That being said, most evidence I've seen for anything even remotely significant in terms of increases is anecdotal.

BioStimz

BioStimz

Yes, there are most definitely ways to increase trichome-density & THC-content.... and that's irrespective of a strain's lineage.

Plots of estimated UV-B exposure in different growth places shows an increase in Δ9 tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) with exposure, but a decrease in cannabidiol. Lydon [96] and Lydon et al.[97] found that in both leaf and floral tissues the concentration of Δ9-THC but not of other cannabinoids increased linearly with UV-B exposure in drug-type Cannabis sativa plants (Fig. 7), but not in fiber-type plants of the same species. Nowadays many sites on the Internet show that the dependency of cannabinol accumulation on UV-B radiation is common knowledge among private entrepreneurs in the drug industry. The effect of ultraviolet radiation on the accumulation of medicinal compounds in plants. Zhang WJ1, Björn LO. Fitoterapia. 2009 Jun;80(4):207-18. doi: 10.1016/j.fitote.2009.02.006. Epub 2009 Feb 23.

The effects of UV-B radiation on photosynthesis, growth and cannabinoid production of two greenhouse-grown C. sativa chemotypes (drug and fiber) were assessed. Terminal meristems of vegetative and reproductive tissues were irradiated for 40 days at a daily dose of 0, 6.7 or 13.4 kJ m-2 biologically effective UV-B radiation. Infrared gas analysis was used to measure the physiological response of mature leaves, whereas gas-liquid chromatography was used to determine the concentration of cannabinoids in leaf and floral tissue. There were no significant physiological or morphological differences among UV-B treatments in either drug- or fiber-type plants. The concentration of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), but not of other cannabinoids, in both leaf and floral tissues increased with UV-B dose in drug-type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber-type plants were affected by UV-B radiation. The increased levels of Δ9-THC in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological tolerance to UV-B radiation in the drug-type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidiol (a cannabinoid with UV-B absorptive characteristics similar to Δ9 THC). Thus the contribution of cannabinoids as selective UV-B filters in C. sativa is equivocal.
User15310 pic290265 1265331361

UV-B RADIATION EFFECTS ON PHOTOSYNTHESIS, GROWTH and CANNABINOID PRODUCTION OF TWO Cannabis sativa CHEMOTYPES.John Lydon, Alan H. Teramura, C. Benjamin Coffman. Photochemistry and Photobiology, Volume 46, Issue 2
August 1987, Pages 201–206

The concentration of cannabinoids in Cannabis sativa L. is correlated with high ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation environments. ..delta../sup 9/-Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid and cannabidiolic acid, both major secondary products of C. sativa, absorb UV-B radiation and may function as solar screens. The object of this study was to test the effects of UV-B radiation on the physiology and cannabinoid production of C. sativa. Drug and fiber-type C. sativa were irradiated with three levels of UV-B radiation for 40 days in greenhouse experiments. Physiological measurements on leaf tissues were made by infra-red gas analysis. Drug and fiber-type control plants had similar CO/sub 2/ assimilation rates from 26 to 32/sup 0/C. Drug-type control plant had higher dark respiration rates and stomatal conductances than fiber-type control plants. The concentration of ..delta../sup 9/-THC, but not of other cannabinoids) in both vegetative and reproductive tissues increased with UV-B dose in drug-type plants. None of the cannabinoids in fiber-type plants were affected by UV-B radiation. The increased level of ..delta../sup 9/-THC found in leaves after irradiation may account for the physiological and morphological insensitivity to UV-B radiation in the drug-type plants. However, fiber plants showed no comparable change in the level of cannabidoil (CBD). Resin stripped form fresh fiber-type floral tissue by sonication was spotted on filter paper and irradiated continuously for 7 days. Cannabidiol (CBD) gradually decreased when irradiated but ..delta../sup 9/-THC and cannabichromene did not. Effects of ultraviolet-B radiation on the growth, physiology and cannabinoid production of Cannabis sativa L
Thesis January 1986
1st J. Lydon

~

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

what's up farmers, any ORGANIC FOOD/tips/tricks/recommendations for enhancing the density of weed? Have some pretty fluffy weed, and want to add on some weight/ trichomes. I already know and understand that some strains grow differently but thats not the case here. anyways thanks guys and happy growing!
have you tried adding sugars in flower stage. the most often sugar used is UN sulphured molasses

marti2221

marti2221

UV light hurts us too. Don't see people keeling over at the sight of the sun.
... No, our skin produces more melanin to protect itself. If I want a tan ill expose my skin to more UV, causing it to produce more pigment. Some plants (including Cannabis) use resin to protect themselves. If you want them to produce more of their protection mechanism, expose them to more UV. Is that simple enough for you?

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

... No, our skin produces more melanin to protect itself. If I want a tan ill expose my skin to more UV, causing it to produce more pigment. Some plants (including Cannabis) use resin to protect themselves. If you want them to produce more of their protection mechanism, expose them to more UV. Is that simple enough for you?

I have heard this before. For instance dry arrid weather gets plants to protect themselves as well. I.e. produce more resin. Does it translate to higher thc? Thats the million dollar ? Would thatvresin contain more chemicals that are used for protection under these circumstances? Maybe these chems are the ones that modulate the high or effect it in certain ways. Id love to get a gcms set and go to town doing experiments when legal

Top Bottom