Is 1000w Led Too Intense?

• Thread starter V420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

V420

So I've been doing lots of research on LEDs and I'm starting to get a better understanding of things which is great. I've got a few ideas for my own DIY cob build that I'd like to do but I have a question. Once my new light arrives should I keep both my lights in the tent or should I remove the Chinese piece of crap light and just use the new light that I got?

DGP

DGP

I would replace it with the right light and use the cheap one for seedlings or clone propagation etc. (of course at the right height/brightnes level). A lot of times I run out of room in veg and use an old light for utility purposes or whatnot. Used one old light in the garage for propogation or in a cheap greenhouse to keep plants from flowering too early in Spring.....there is always a use for a spare light.

Dee

gwheels

gwheels

LEDs get a bad rap because of that 150 dollar 1000 BS watts. Good lighting companies show you actual wall draw as the wattage. 300 watts of vero are actually 300 watts when you crank the dial to max etc.

But many of us have lights like that kicking around in our pile of spares.

I wish I could convince everyone from the begining that good lighting is worth it. If you can not afford a good LED/COB/CMH/QUANTUM then get a 400 HPS MH and run that until you can. The flowers will be better than any low grade LED and the heat is not too crazy.

Then switch to cobs or quantum or CMH. :D

V

V420

PS, what did you end up ordering?

Dee

I ordered a true sun 2 light. It's 2 Cree cobs with 32 small red and blue diodes. Not quite enough for my space but it will have to do for now till I build my own setup to work with it. I hope I made the right choice with this light. I plan to add 4 more Cree cobs to the setup once I get some cash flow going. It's crazy expensive to get started . Here's the link to the light

Its a Canadian company so it worked out being about cheaper than ordering from the US. I am quite jealous of the selection you guys have down there. RapidLED and Timber lights look amazing!

Top Bottom