Joe's Grow Show Pt. 1: The Coco Diaries

• Thread starter Thejoeybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Also I think I would want a new can/carbon filter. There's no way for me to know if it has bugs in it or anything. Everything else I was able to clean with alcohol. It was attached to the fan when he gave it to me so I just took the whole thing.
I doubt it has anything and you are pulling thru it... I think i would worry more about exhausting the light so you can keep it a lil closer comsidering your canopy is no bigger than 4x4 and you have a vewry very good hood...
just my opinion...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How you recommend I cool a swlf ballasted 250w hps. It has no exhaust hookups. My space is 3wx2.5dx6h my plants are doing great but it gets up to 95 in there night time temps are 75 humidity hovers at 27%
How you recommend I cool a swlf ballasted 250w hps. It has no exhaust hookups. My space is 3wx2.5dx6h my plants are doing great but it gets up to 95 in there night time temps are 75 humidity hovers at 27%
2 things...
fan and filter 4" suck the air out.. you never said if it a closet or tent or a box?

And you need to add some rh at least for veg

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I doubt it has anything and you are pulling thru it... I think i would worry more about exhausting the light so you can keep it a lil closer comsidering your canopy is no bigger than 4x4 and you have a vewry very good hood...
just my opinion...
I agree. That makes a lot of sense. Temps are not the issue so my biggest benefit will come from getting the light closer. Thanks brotha. I've been going back and forth but I didn't think I would be just pulling out fresh cool AC air. It would be wasteful.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I agree. That makes a lot of sense. Temps are not the issue so my biggest benefit will come from getting the light closer. Thanks brotha. I've been going back and forth but I didn't think I would be just pulling out fresh cool AC air. It would be wasteful.
exactly! The closer you can get with the light the deeper the penetration... Utilize that hood for what its made for! I start it 18 to 20" above and see how they react.. prob no closer that 15 with out light bleaching... they sell a light distributor that clips on the light, to even allow closer.. Im not for sure if it will fit in the hood tho.. would have to email and ask..

Theguy

Theguy

20170715 145019
20170715 145006
20170715 145006
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

you dont want to suck air from the room threw the light..
What you want to do is seperate intake for light, goes like this..
outside to intake duct to fan to light to exhaust duct to outside.
you want the fan to blow thru the light, here is why..
Because if you suck air threw it and it has any leaks, and i heard they all leak,
then you will suck smell out of the shed.
but when you push it threw that does not happen...

You need 2 fans... a cheap $25 fan will work 440 cfm
Then you need to hook the can filter up to exhaust fan, to exhaust duct..

2 things that make this even better is a
Speed fan controller for the can fan, so yo can scale it back to min...
that will keep pulling in new c02 but yet not expell your ac as much...
And secondly, use insulated duct instead of the shiny shit(worthless)
I re read what you said. I got ya now. So you're saying you personally wouldn't recommend this way....(copied and pasted from an article)

IMG 5868
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I re read what you said. I got ya now. So you're saying you personally wouldn't recommend this way....(copied and pasted from an article)
Nope... If you didnt have AC, then this would be a must.. Prob here is your environment is not controllable and you would waste the ac...
Since you have ac, then venting the lights separately will drop your in room temps by 4 to 6 degrees, making it easier and more economical to run the AC. Plus it allows you to better control the rh in the room. If your sucking air into your room from outside, then you are at the mercy of mother nature.. Mother nature is an unpredictable bitch, that could throw a few days of high rh at you in late flower, not to mention, to low of rh makes the buds grow slightly slower as in it doesnt utilize the c02 quite as well due to the vpd... Just lil nuances that move you from a decent run to a really good run...
IMO......

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nope... If you didnt have AC, then this would be a must.. Prob here is your environment is not controllable and you would waste the ac...
Since you have ac, then venting the lights separately will drop your in room temps by 4 to 6 degrees, making it easier and more economical to run the AC. Plus it allows you to better control the rh in the room. If your sucking air into your room from outside, then you are at the mercy of mother nature.. Mother nature is an unpredictable bitch, that could throw a few days of high rh at you in late flower, not to mention, to low of rh makes the buds grow slightly slower as in it doesnt utilize the c02 quite as well due to the vpd... Just lil nuances that move you from a decent run to a really good run...
IMO......
The most important thing after genetics, is environment~!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The most important thing after genetics, is environment~!
I agree.

Ya what you say makes perfect sense. My original plan was to cool the hood from outside to outside so it passed thru the hood and never touches the room. I'm going with that. It will allow me to get the lightnlower and help with heat from the lamp while keeping everything else (which I am very happy with) the same

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I agree.

Ya what you say makes perfect sense. My original plan was to cool the hood from outside to outside so it passed thru the hood and never touches the room. I'm going with that. It will allow me to get the lightnlower and help with heat from the lamp while keeping everything else (which I am very happy with) the same
100! I tot agree... they love the way you got it now, dont change it.. They will really enjoy a lil less heat directly on the tops, will keep you from getting foxtailing....

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

looking good bro! Im so eager to see how well they do! I think the node distance is perfect for big colas!
I think so too. At least all the big thick ones have a beautiful structure.(and there's a bunch). Lol. There's some thinner ones here and there that will make some nice tops but will def need the support of the net. Lol

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I think so too. At least all the big thick ones have a beautiful structure.(and there's a bunch). Lol. There's some thinner ones here and there that will make some nice tops but will def need the support of the net. Lol
i agree...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom