Junk's Growing Log

• Thread starter SmithsJunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ceveres

Ceveres

I confess to being very confused when seeing this thread : )

They look beautiful mang! I wish I could grow outside as well.

Fwiw, I used something called Flying Skull Nuke'em for spider mites recently, and it worked well. It's somewhat organic etc. It worked perfectly.

Lol I bet you were very confused like "wtf? I didn't make a grow log..." hehe I've seen that stuff at the grow shop, that's a 2-part spray isn't it? Ill have to check it out, still trying to put my IPM together

Junk

Junk

Lol I bet you were very confused like "wtf? I didn't make a grow log..." hehe I've seen that stuff at the grow shop, that's a 2-part spray isn't it? Ill have to check it out, still trying to put my IPM together
My instant thought was, "Wow, my memory is totally blown." Followed by, "I don't even remember being there?" And then, "I've been growing outside!?!?!" :p

There is another product by Flying Skull. I saw it yesterday. But I think they are two different products. A second product is not mentioned on the Nuke'em bottle anyway.

Spider mites were gone in 9 days. I caught them early, similar to the OP's pics, but it's usually not that easy. I don't know how it would respond to an all out infestation. At my level, it was like genocide in a bottle. The plants weren't affected at all, and I was pretty liberal with it. If anything, I think they liked it? It was like how they respond to a foliar spray.

I was buying something different, but the shop insisted I try this and I was glad I did. I've been using it for incoming cuts and it's like the plants don't even notice the product. I highly recommend it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Fwiw, I used something called Flying Skull Nuke'em for spider mites recently, and it worked well. It's somewhat organic etc. It worked perfectly.

Nice to meet you, Junk (tips hat)

I heard of Nuke early on when we were freaking about russet mites but I still didn't know sh*t about sh*t. By the time I was focusing on two spot borg I'd flipped and had to try entirely different avenues. Garden Safe, Cap Jacks, then finally Azamax. Learning curve, you know.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Nailed it, my Blueberry is behaving about the same as your Kush as well, pests and all.

Dude, I noticed the same thing! My Sativa dominant plants (Diablo) are way more susceptible to underwatering and mites imo!! The mystery girl which def has a stronger mix of Indica in it has had no over/underwatering problems and the mites seem to prefer the Diablo. Wonder why..?

I'm hitting them with B-52 & Sensi Cal Mag Extra. 2-1-4 & 4-0-0. Maybe I can answer it for all of us. Trying to avoid rinsing Azamax again. It might be because the mites are poisoning them, just a wild guess but within the realm of probability.

Worked. Went Uranium green. Very pretty and healthy looking. Aside from mite bites, even despite them. About $25 worth of nutes.

20170908 113911

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

As the sun hits them they're shifting to Hulk green. That AN is good stuff. Maybe it was a nute lockout that the Magnesium broke through. I guess it's possible. Whatever, it worked. Need to buy some more AN to keep it on-hand.

20170908 133035

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Outside the fence, huge difference from the B-52 & Sensi Cal Mag Extra. Used 1/2 tablespoon per gallon (8 ml per liter/quart) of each in a five gallon bucket (my water counter broke). Then straight water for a couple/few gallons from the well (I'm in 200 gal pots, adjust accordingly).

20170908 133956
20170908 134002
20170908 134007

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Hit the Kush with the mix too, just in case they were blocked up. Not likely to hurt them. Heres some shots from outside the fence...

It's going to be a trip to see what these look like when I trim off the fans the day before harvest.

20170908 134027
20170908 134039

Ceveres

Ceveres

My instant thought was, "Wow, my memory is totally blown." Followed by, "I don't even remember being there?" And then, "I've been growing outside!?!?!" :p

There is another product by Flying Skull. I saw it yesterday. But I think they are two different products. A second product is not mentioned on the Nuke'em bottle anyway.

Spider mites were gone in 9 days. I caught them early, similar to the OP's pics, but it's usually not that easy. I don't know how it would respond to an all out infestation. At my level, it was like genocide in a bottle. The plants weren't affected at all, and I was pretty liberal with it. If anything, I think they liked it? It was like how they respond to a foliar spray.

I was buying something different, but the shop insisted I try this and I was glad I did. I've been using it for incoming cuts and it's like the plants don't even notice the product. I highly recommend it.

You are correct, I was mistaken. They are 2 different products made by Flying Skull.
Data

This is an enzyme that supposedly solves root zone issues, kinda interesting, I would try it after reading about it. Especially if the Nuke Em worked well.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Added a second layer of netting today to support the colas when they get heavy(ier).

20170911 163758
20170911 163821
20170911 163833
20170911 163913

Accidentally chopped off a six inch branch when I staked up a cola. No trichs, all flower, but still very heavy and rock hard with crystals when dried. I cured it to smoke to see what it tasted like because it was sprayed with Azamax the night before it broke off. That was the smoothest fur I ever smoked. I thought I caught a hint of something on the backend of the exhale. I am definitely not going to be afraid to use this on flower until the trichs form. If it didn't mess up good herb, I'm sorely tempted to paint and mark a set of nugs in various stages of growth at the end of the flower cycle to see how far we can get away with it.
20170911 164508

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Sh*t, this whole time I've been thinking trichs were the little knobby buds under the hairs and resin stalks were... well... resin stalks, or some other sh*t. I must've been sounding like a complete f^ckin idiot. ROFL!!! Well, thank goodness, I don't have to spell it to grow it.

So, at anytime up until this point, when I said "trichomes" I meant the little nuggy things under the hairs. See if you can remember that from now on, pwaaah, yeah f^ckin right. So, either way, I'll try not to sound like an idiot from now on. But that's a long shot and I won't promise anything I can't deliver.

Here are some gratuitous nug shots to distract you now...

20170916 160945
20170916 160929
20170916 160858
20170916 160831

Ceveres

Ceveres

Sh*t, this whole time I've been thinking trichs were the little knobby buds under the hairs and resin stalks were... well... resin stalks, or some other sh*t. I must've been sounding like a complete f^ckin idiot. ROFL!!! Well, thank goodness, I don't have to spell it to grow it.

So, at anytime up until this point, when I said "trichomes" I meant the little nuggy things under the hairs. See if you can remember that from now on, pwaaah, yeah f^ckin right. So, either way, I'll try not to sound like an idiot from now on. But that's a long shot and I won't promise anything I can't deliver.

Here are some gratuitous nug shots to distract you now...

View attachment 741173 View attachment 741174 View attachment 741175 View attachment 741176
:cry:

Latest posts

Top Bottom