Latest To Neem In Flower Without Making Buds Taste Like Sh!t?

• Thread starter Irietime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irietime

Irietime

ive got an outdoor plant that’s 4weeks into flower and having some bug activity. It’s not crazy, but if a hit of neem will take care of it, that’s what I’ll do. Just wondering if the buds will taste like crap if I neem them this far into flower? Any info or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bannacis

Bannacis

I haven't neemed in flower, I guess too concerned as you are. If it's your only option...then I would make the mix with less neem than suggested, and to wash off next day, and maybe re apply and wash.
There is hot pepper recipe, not sure what actual ratios. think it was with a small dab of hemp soap with pepper.
As always wash your plant next day.
When you harvest there is the washing your plants into buckets of clean water, there are vid's of it on youtube.

brazel

brazel

ive got an outdoor plant that’s 4weeks into flower and having some bug activity. It’s not crazy, but if a hit of neem will take care of it, that’s what I’ll do. Just wondering if the buds will taste like crap if I neem them this far into flower? Any info or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks
What kind of bugs are they?

Organikz

Organikz

Neem can be uptake systemically. A 50/50 neem/karanja cake top dress will work. Water in with fulvic/aloe to open direct uptake pathways.

I usually reach for spinosad in flower. I just sprinkle some of the dust in the surface of the soil and water in with unchlorinated water. This can also be uptake systemically.

brazel

brazel

Neem can be uptake systemically. A 50/50 neem/karanja cake top dress will work. Water in with fulvic/aloe to open direct uptake pathways.

I usually reach for spinosad in flower. I just sprinkle some of the dust in the surface of the soil and water in with unchlorinated water. This can also be uptake systemically.
Word up!
Man there's never info posted on help threads! Did you catch the big activity right away? is isolated on one branch? Did you get the scope out? What kind of bug? Did you use ipm?... etc

I usually just blast them off with water

BioStimz

BioStimz

I haven't seen much on the forums, but anyone here use terpenes or other BVOCs for insect & mold control?

~

Irietime

Irietime

That’s what I’m talking about @Organikz! I’ve never seen Spinosad in powder form, I’ll have to look for it at my nursery. Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Loving the idea of watering it in instead of spraying.

Irietime

Irietime

Word up!
Man there's never info posted on help threads! Did you catch the big activity right away? is isolated on one branch? Did you get the scope out? What kind of bug? Did you use ipm?... etc

I usually just blast them off with water
I think it’s a bit of spider mites, or could just be some small spiders. ‘‘Tis the season for spiders!

Irietime

Irietime

You’re right. My gut tells me their just spiders, because I haven’t seen any damage on the plant just webbing in the morning light. Still that being said, if the spider makes a home in the buds and eats and poops that could cause some mold issues.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Saponin tea. Saponins are found in many plants, and there are many different types of saponins. The name comes from the soapwort plant (Saponaria), because its root was used as a soap. The reason for this is that saponin is a natural foaming agent and a detergent. In addition, it also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties.

http://www.xsyagri.com/portfolio/tea-saponin/

Organikz

Organikz

Saponin is a game changer. Most effective IPM I've ever used and it also acts like hydroguard or whatever by preventing root rot. I just make soap nut powder. It's a little messy so I use my nutribullet.

I add 1/4 tsp of this powder to a 1 quart mason jar of hot water and wait until it's cooled to room temperature. This is your "concentrate". 1 cup of concentrate per quart for foliar IPM and 1 cup per gallon for soil feeding. Can also be used to apply neem and karanja oil as it's an emulsifier. Doesn't hold as long as silica but I shake the whole time I spray.

Leftover must be stored in the refrigerator.
1507864150105502829559-jpg.749521

9 out of 10 Afghan kush plants recommend it.

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just started using this as a preventive measure on my outdoor crop. Anyone used this before?

FED84014 053B 4439 A4BA 78CCE2D4BE3D

8CEEA94D AFD1 49FD BE90 E314C16C7DC4

Top Bottom