Leaves Getting Brown Dots.

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Can someone help me out please? I just changed out the water the other day and now all my leaves are turning brown with brown spots. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

Leaves getting brown dots
Leaves getting brown dots 2
Leaves getting brown dots 3
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Looks like calcium def. Could be ph locking out calcium too. But the problem is calcium deficiency. Calcium.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Heavy flush with bone meal. If your in soil let it dry thoroughly. A more thorough assessment would help in further diagnosis.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Heavy flush with bone meal. If your in soil let it dry thoroughly. A more thorough assessment would help in further diagnosis.
Its a dwc system. The water was low today so I replaced the water with 370 ppm’s and the ph is at 5.8. I have cal mag. Will that help? I got some nutrients in a bundle through Amazon and I’m not sure what these other nutrients are for but I do have Cal mag in that do I’m assuming that’s some sort of calcium nutrient.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Its a dwc system. The water was low today so I replaced the water with 370 ppm’s and the ph is at 5.8. I have cal mag. Will that help? I got some nutrients in a bundle through Amazon and I’m not sure what these other nutrients are for but I do have Cal mag in that do I’m assuming that’s some sort of calcium nutrient.
Sorry, I only grow in soil. Seems like a nutrient deficiency. But I could be totally wrong.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Check roots first and foremost. If water was low then some lockout has happened due to dry out. After water change, and nute has been balanced to ppm, add cal mag.
Other nutes in bundle post pics. You may have veg nutes, a and b and then flower nutes when they are there.
But I suspect roots have an issue. Should be nice and white not rusty or brown at all. Pls post pics if possible if the root zone.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

An ec of .7 is low for DWC. What's your feeding regiment?

mikeb437

mikeb437

An ec of .7 is low for DWC. What's your feeding regiment?

Its in a DWC bucket. The plant is sucking up water like nobody’s business. Every few days the water gets low so i just fill up another bucket, add nutes and check ph and then switch buckets. I have not been adding water to the buckets at all but i just put in fresh water. It is tap water fyi..

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don’t understand what this means. Ec? Not sure what that is
EC is a different kind of measurement. It stands for electric conductivity. As far as i understand, your tds meter measures EC and uses a conversion factor to give you a relatively accurate ppm reading.

mikeb437

mikeb437

EC is a different kind of measurement. It stands for electric conductivity. As far as i understand, your tds meter measures EC and uses a conversion factor to give you a relatively accurate ppm reading.
Still not getting it. Lo. Im a newbie to this.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You said you're in DWC...
Very simple, with great results. Just get GH Micro, and bloom, along with cal mag.
Add 8 ml micro, 16 ml bloom, and 1 ml calman. It will put your ph at 5.7-5.9, and all the nutes you need. Look up Lucas formula. I add 1 ml cal mah, as some strains will need it.
Also make sure your water temps stay under 70. 67 is about perfect.
Water at 65 will hold 10x's as much O2 than at 75.
It will also prevent root rot. You do not want that. Flush the last 10 days. You can cut micro to 4 ml after at week 5 for some nice colors.
Being your 1st, this is by far the easiest method. I always use tap water, but if you have very hard tap, go to Ro

Top Bottom