Led Grow Light.

• Thread starter bobs.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Hey Toaster, I did go to alibaba and looked up the different boards. I am just afraid that I may mess something up in combining all these boards and power supplies. Would you have a cost effective recommendation for something that is truly just ready to go?

You have the afore mentioned kits you can put together yourself without much hassle

Also did look at the hlg 550 and the plc 6.2 but both are about $1000

Compare to those kits and see what's more cost effective for you

If I were to try to do this project would there me a place online that can give me step by step instructions?
Thanks Toaster

Growmau5 has bunch of tutorials on youtube. Should get you started.

B

bobs.buds

You have the afore mentioned kits you can put together yourself without much hassle

Compare to those kits and see what's more cost effective for you

Growmau5 has bunch of tutorials on youtube. Should get you started.
Thanks for all the info Toaster. I will go to YouTube as well.

K

kansabis

Horticulture Lighting Group has all the specs on their boards and recommended drivers and even wiring diagrams. Ledgardener has a driver selection tool for cobs and a couple of the quantum boards I believe,it's fairly simple math once you understand what the driver does and how you wire the lights. Wish you well in the journey and eventual obsession of choosing your led growlight.

Toaster79

Toaster79

HLG QB 288 boards are produced in the USA now not sure on their other QB's. Still sounds like a good deal. Just have to be careful and avoid shady knock offs these days..

I wouldn't be so sure about it.

Hlg550?

Screenshot 20180322 151211

Go figure

scubascrog

scubascrog

I'm ordering a bunch through these guys they do citizen vero and cree, 2 300w citizen kits cheaper than anywhere else but doesn't come with any aluminum or rivets to put them all together. you can specify if you want angelinas or lenses too Shenzhen Kingbrite

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm ordering a bunch through these guys they do citizen vero and cree, 2 300w citizen kits cheaper than anywhere else but doesn't come with any aluminum or rivets to put them all together. you can specify if you want angelinas or lenses too Shenzhen Kingbrite

Kingbrite is a solid source that has been used for the last 10 years without a bad review. He's got genuine goods at realistic prices and he's reliable. I'm talking from experience when LED technology wasn't even considered in the grow business. We were building first led flashlights at that time. He would supply Australian vendor to ship to EU at that time and wouldn't sell to individuals like today. The same aussie supplier is distributing led grow lighting all over the world today.

scubascrog

scubascrog

Kingbrite is a solid source that has been used for the last 10 years without a bad review. He's got genuine goods at realistic prices and he's reliable. I'm talking from experience when LED technology wasn't even considered in the grow business. We were building first led flashlights at that time. He would supply Australian vendor to ship to EU at that time and wouldn't sell to individuals like today. The same aussie supplier is distributing led grow lighting all over the world today.
Thats what I like to hear! I saw some good reviews and the prices are really nice

DGP

DGP

Well like I said, got to be careful for knockoffs, and like you said, anybody can slap a $.25 sticker on something and call it a HLG QB. Not trying to argue just shedding a little light on what I know.

I have worked and lived in the big industrial cities in China and Asia in general and you are spot on. It is difficult to figure out if something is authentic or not and even experts are fooled all the time. Although in the case of these lights the specifications can be verified through performance testing (if you have good enough test equipment). Recently even Amazon was hit with a ton of fake products and it was even in the news media.

Once I was going down the road to Macau (a Chinese province that was once a Portuguese held area) and on the way for a weekend off I saw an exact copy of our factory. Not just fake parts, not just fake assemblies but EXACT copies of the building, assembly areas, equipment, even the F'ing bricks in the building were identical.

Just make sure the performance looks like it matches and you'll be ok, usually the fakes are built with much cheaper parts and lower quality raw materials and their performance is usually way off cause they just don't care about getting caught. In the end no one will even be able to trace it back to them anyway. And if you saw how the average human lived in Asia and how they have to work 9 or 10 days to get one day off you would understand that they are not trying to cheat the system but like all of us just trying to survive.

Dee

B

bobs.buds

Horticulture Lighting Group has all the specs on their boards and recommended drivers and even wiring diagrams. Ledgardener has a driver selection tool for cobs and a couple of the quantum boards I believe,it's fairly simple math once you understand what the driver does and how you wire the lights. Wish you well in the journey and eventual obsession of choosing your led growlight.
Thanks for the information. I will check it out.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I have worked and lived in the big industrial cities in China and Asia in general and you are spot on. It is difficult to figure out if something is authentic or not and even experts are fooled all the time. Although in the case of these lights the specifications can be verified through performance testing (if you have good enough test equipment). Recently even Amazon was hit with a ton of fake products and it was even in the news media.

Once I was going down the road to Macau (a Chinese province that was once a Portuguese held area) and on the way for a weekend off I saw an exact copy of our factory. Not just fake parts, not just fake assemblies but EXACT copies of the building, assembly areas, equipment, even the F'ing bricks in the building were identical.

Just make sure the performance looks like it matches and you'll be ok, usually the fakes are built with much cheaper parts and lower quality raw materials and their performance is usually way off cause they just don't care about getting caught. In the end no one will even be able to trace it back to them anyway. And if you saw how the average human lived in Asia and how they have to work 9 or 10 days to get one day off you would understand that they are not trying to cheat the system but like all of us just trying to survive.

Dee
So true, just hate to see people waste their money on fake boards like the one toaster just posted above of the fake HLG 550. Authentic HLG boards are made right here in the USA, Michigan I believe.

sixstring

sixstring

Yup yup,mitten made not far from me :happy:
I could sell you guys some 30% buds for top dollar,without a test you would think it's the best around(which it is) even though in reality it's only 24% if they ain't sphere tested and cost less than half the price I would bet they ain't top bin diodes and the boards are probably thinner ta boot :facepalm:

stiffneck

stiffneck

I got this plc 6.2 for my room. It's bright as the sun and it doesn't produce any heat to speak of... I fringing love it. Gonna save my pennies and buy two more of them. A bit pricey at $800 but I guess you get what you pay for....

IMG 20180228 083612
IMG 20180320 031037
sixstring

sixstring

I got this plc 6.2 for my room. It's bright as the sun and it doesn't produce any heat to speak of... I fringing love it. Gonna save my pennies and buy two more of them. A bit pricey at $800 but I guess you get what you pay for....

Why does that pic of the plc look familiar to me,did you post that in a different thread or did I see it on IG maybe?

S

Shadrock5

I have a question. I hope is not too foolish but in what i have read and experemented with why are most folks hung up on 3500k for full cycle when if you realy look at well a heck of a lot of spectrum graphs it seems 4000k might be better. The reason i say this is only because i have added heavy input of 6500k t5's to several grows and the frost and weight seem to be, well.... better... I know I hear you everyone going -blue veg- red flower- but looking at citi cobs and qautuk boards the 4000k spectrum doesnt measure any less red its the buel that is simply high and I wonder if thats not helping to add weight. Maybe not appeal but well.... I dont know - what say you...

Top Bottom