Lighting For 8' By 9' Veg Room

• Thread starter AvgJOE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AvgJOE

im setting up a veg only room for 18 pants and want them veg to about 5 feet tall if possible. my ceiling height is 7 feet. what is going to be my best option for energy conservation and what would be best for the plants?

P

PharmHand

My veg room is about 15x7 and I can only get 15 in there about 3 feet tall. I've got 4 mh 1ks in there. The dr is right you don't want a 5'er pre flip.... Unless you got a warehouse or the plants destined for outdoor- they'll be some monsters

A

AvgJOE

Most plants double in height in the first few weeks of flower. A 5 foot tall plant would be 9 or 10 feet tall three weeks after flip.

ok i do have vaulted ceilings in my flower room but i think ill only want the plants to max out at about 6-8 feet. im leaning towards t5ho for the veg.

hiboy

hiboy

Any metal halide light needs to be at least 24 inches away from the tops of your veg plants so you cannot use those for sure

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

False
I keep my veg and flower between 1'-1.5'. Those 24" specs are from light companies that test with certain hoods. Smaller hood, higher hood height. Bigger hood, you can run closer due to the light being spread out more.

P

PharmHand

I have cheap batwing shades that are bent open almost flat I'll let the tops get as close as a foot away but they do start to show some stress that close. Not as bad with the MH 1k as HPS 1k that close but a lil paling or blotchiness. Parabolic shades you can let them get even closer with less stress.

P

PharmHand

IMO giving the plant lots of space is key to reducing stretch when doing longer veg /bigger plants. These are about 5-6weeks been topped once when small, they started getting a lil too tall so I topped the tallest shoots again recently...... They're about 30" off the top of pots 5gals and about 3' wide
IMG 1392
IMG 1396

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I'd put 315 watt CMH fixtures about 20-22" on center with the 4200k bulbs and watch your plants go insane. You may want to checkerboard them while they're young to eliminate light stress, but you'll never use another light for veg again

G gnome

G gnome

im setting up a veg only room for 18 pants and want them veg to about 5 feet tall if possible. my ceiling height is 7 feet. what is going to be my best option for energy conservation and what would be best for the plants?
Trying to fit 18 plants in a 72sqft rm means that u have 4sqft per plant and thats w no rm to get in and do work. Might wanna rethink that
Most plants double in height in the first few weeks of flower. A 5 foot tall plant would be 9 or 10 feet tall three weeks after flip.
Thats true w smaller plants but multi topped trees dont stretch nearly as much

ok i do have vaulted ceilings in my flower room but i think ill only want the plants to max out at about 6-8 feet. im leaning towards t5ho for the veg.
I use t5 but am leanin toward cmh...they r much more efficient

False
I keep my veg and flower between 1'-1.5'. Those 24" specs are from light companies that test with certain hoods. Smaller hood, higher hood height. Bigger hood, you can run closer due to the light being spread out more.
agreed

Top Bottom