Looking For The Gg#4

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Artie

420Artie

Have any flower pics or harvested bud pics?
these are mother's. I took clones and those clones are only one week into veg so won't have flower pics for a while. I have grown gg4 about 2 years ago, my avatar pic was one of the top colas! I got those cuts from a different source and they look identical to the cuts I got now which leads me to believe I have the real deal.

Schkronis

Schkronis

I got my cut from Harbourside by Dark Heart. This thread made me curious if what I have is gg4. I never witnessed curling leaves like that at any stage. It becomes light green around week 4 of flower and always have purple petioles and bit of clawing. No citrus tones thou.
IMG 20170519 192745

Icemud

Icemud

Here is the cut I got from a dispensary up in long beach...

Has the leaf curl mostly in veg. Very fuel/minty/OG heavy smell and taste, very frosty. I believe its the real deal. (light deficiency in this photo but you can still see the center leaf blades all have a turn/fold in them with a slight curl.

This plant loves to be topped it seems and really branches out fast! Still trying to get my GG4 buds to bulk up though as they came out slightly airy, but really dank.

Curious, how long are you guys flowering yours? It seemed mine looked done around day 55-60 but I feel I could have given it another week or 2.
20170305 212332

Here is mid flowering
20170329 184823

Icemud

Icemud

No mint odor at all. Gas/fuel/ chem

I take gg4 and all it's crosses to day 64 minimum for the last 4+yrs

Yea not really mint, more mentholish but heavy fuel, chem

I'll have to push mine a week longer this next run... thanks!

Also going to be reversing it with CS soon and selfing it, as well as hitting about 9 other strains with it... should be interesting... I'm especially interested in how it will mix with my Ogiesel and my Black Cherry Soda.

Icemud

Icemud

Thrown up a few pics while in ve if you can. Gg4 is very easily identifiable, at least imo.

No menthol either.
I get what you are saying with the smell, however my personal opinion of the smell is how I mentioned it.. one mans fuel to another may smell minty and chemical, and to another may smell menthol and gas... also nutrients, lights, grow medium can also bring out terpenes that another grower may not have... but I get what you are saying.

So yes... an overwhelming gas with a "nose tingle" to it... call it what you want.... to me it smells a slight "menthol" type tingle to the nose... I"m not talking about sniffing a mint plant.. but more like a headband og type tingle... actually reminds me a lot of headband.

The photos show both the bud structure as the same as the others previously posted, and the leaf twist shows in both veg pics I posted so I am almost certain (without and actual genetics test) that its the real deal... just wanted to compare with the others.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Id call and complain to the dispo you got your cut from. It may very well be an S1, but it's not the clone only gg4, sorry. Leaf structure, bud structure, your plant seems really full and filled. Gg4 is more a lanky girl. If you flip
her at 4', after the 2.5-3 week stretch, she will be every bit of 6'+.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This is typical gg4 leaf twist. Here are 2 pics, 1 from a gg4 (legit clone only), 2n pic is from chaos (gg4 x glue fuck). Both exhibit the typical gg4 leaf twist. The twist stops after stretch and flowrr. Last 2 pics are week 6 gg4 in flower.

20170214 213921
20170214 213843
20170620 192521
20170620 192542

Icemud

Icemud

Id call and complain to the dispo you got your cut from. It may very well be an S1, but it's not the clone only gg4, sorry. Leaf structure, bud structure, your plant seems really full and filled. Gg4 is more a lanky girl. If you flip
her at 4', after the 2.5-3 week stretch, she will be every bit of 6'+.

No worries and definitely not calling to complain over a 10$ clone... its dank, very very similar if not the same. It has the twist, especially earlier veg, has a stretch and structure very similar to a OG like SFV, appreciate you sharing your experience. You seem to know this strain well so I must have the S1. either way its dank and I will be selfing it for S1's or in my case S2s...

thanks for your input

Top Bottom