LOST FOREVER OR ALMOST GONE GENETICS

• Thread starter soserthc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elsydro

I heard that the Fort Compton cough was actually an nl5haze. I loved that cut. Got it in pdx in the late nineties. I also got the pineapple cut from the same dready " buddy". Got the dogshit too. Damn those were potent strains. They are lost to me. Everyone with a rare strain that only they hold should stop tripping and immediately give that cut out. I give everything out. Why hoard ? Insecurity ? Never understood that. People that hoard shit always fuck themselves when they lose it. Karma
Ft Collins cough, yes you’re correct it is Nl5/haze and still around in the Colorado area, I can’t verify that it’s 100% the same unmolested strain but it’s around!

E

Elsydro

Christmas buds are unpressed Mexican, every swag market gets them around Christmas. So much border traffic during the holidays regular folks bring it across.
Ahhh yes I remember being 15-16 every Christmas time we’d start getting that gorgeous bug that tasted and smelled good, it was Mexican schwag, but every Christmas I always thought it was their way of giving us, me I was in Texas so I always figured as opposed to their shit weed they’d give us some of their good shit, lol I know most likely not true, but every Christmas the Mexican bud was gorgeous and tastey even when pressed into a brick, you could see the red hairs and such it was always a present!

E

Elsydro

theres gotta still be piney genetics out there, we need to get some new blood in the scene. Im sure if someone went to get some landraces wed find that piney terpene profile i love so much.
Does anyone know what terpene is resposible for the pine smell? I know d limoene or whatever its called is responsible for the citrusy orange smell. So i wonder if its a specific terp or just the right combontion to produce the christmas tree bud. God making me sad that i havent smoked anything piney in nearly 10 years.
There’s several, pinene, b-pinene and a few others hard to spell, lol

M

motz

I have a male and 3 female ak47 cherry phenos out of regular beans put of the same pack then I turned around and found a White Russian with the cherry attributes also.
The Cherry's have all been bred and have testers going as we speak.
Have also been in touch with Serious and they gave me sole explicit permission to sell these f2's.
Be looking for a drop come fall.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
Got DJ's Shorts Blue Heaven, Flying Dutchmen Twister, Dj original Blue Velvet, pure Hawaiian indica, Salmon Creek Big Bud...Nirvana White Lady, original Columbian chunk landrace, selfing C99(male)...kinda ol skool...
cw

Rendang

Rendang

There was a Skunk getting around in about 2000 in OZ that smelt like baby pooh. You know that real smell of a babies shit, that was it. Real thick one hitter type, head buzz you felt behind the eyes. Was a light lime green in color.

S

shadowseeds

Had a warlock clone only from magus, smelled like straight baby shit. Pretty nasty to the guy who'd raised a few kids. Not my preferred smell. Spot on with the effects. Between the eyes head high. Good shit but debilitating come down imo. Think it's due to the sativa initial effects but the plant is a stretch indica which it shows in the end.

William's wonder was a good one to grow.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
Got some Williams wonder growing right now...the seeds came from Canada by the namesake Williams wonder seed company...I could have did better when I grew her years ago, the seeds cost 250$ for the ten ...what did like was the sweet taste and quick turnaround...I grew the plant and cloned as many as I could and wow clones and mother plant grew and flowerd almost as fast and harvested just days from each other...very vigorous that was ten years ago... the two 2018 germinated on que ...
peace
cw...

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

I am searching hoping to find the PUKE BERRY cut 42 day version had circa 07/08.
not something most go after or even want but I'm not most and I'd really love to have that cut back. I think i have a few beans of it hit with a Uranium Cranium male i need to track down.

the only other one i can think of is my fave strain of all time is the Pre 2K Blueberry cut that was passed around on the original Planet Ganja and sometimes called the PG cut. High/stone was perfect and taste was just sublime with no equal. I know for sure i have a few beans of that using the same U.C. male/s.

i had an idea 2 days ago to pop 5 of them as well as 5 chemo beans i can't recall the source of. pollen chuck a few lower branches of the cuts that are in veg now. Green Crack, Master Kush, AK 47. all were gotten as clones but frankly not so sure they were original Elite Cuts and i'm guessing they weren't. They were free from a D.C. clone giveaway to garner business for them as a clone seller and seed vendor. So, I'm just hoping for some good puff worth growing again

O

Ogbullriderguy

I know Riot Seeds matt riot was trying to get all the san diego strains together, hawgsbreath, catspiss, bullrider etc. not sure how much luck hes had so far, some are listed on his site riotseeds.nl

Last edited:
O

Ogbullriderguy

This thread hasn’t had a post in almost 3 months and out of the blue you make a random post about Matt but you don’t know anything about him ? Come on man LOL.
I only know he was rounding up all possible san diego strains and earlier in the thread there was mention of those strains. Ive heard half like the guy and half hate him not much else. Being around the grow scene in san diego since the mid 80s it was a cool idea he had.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
My current batch includes some seeds that were from the late 70s from the 1st guy I met that used HID lighting. Matanuska was supposedly a major part of it's heritage, but after 35 years, some of the seeds still sprout. I'm looking forward to resurrecting some of these old strains, which were devastating from my shortened memory. I'm hoping to generate a branch or two of feminized seeds from several of them and make them avail if they turn out as good as they used to. I have a couple of huge indica plants that top 12' outdoors, but back in the 70s, there wasn't any genetic breeding programs, seed banks, or much else other than what you could find on your world travels. In about 12 weeks I'll know a lot better!

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Ok, so I have been thinking about this topic a bit recently. I feel like the seed market is flooded with OG and Chem crosses and a lot of the older genetics and flavor profiles are disappearing at a faster rate than when this thread started. While I do enjoy a good OG it is not the only thing I want to smoke.

One line that has pretty much disappeared is the Skunk line. I can remember back in the 90’s when the market was flooded with Skunk, in fact Skunk just simply became slang for decent herb. Today there is almost no Skunk on the market, with the exception of Cheese and even that has started to fade from the market. What I miss about skink is the high variation in flavors; there were the roadkill skunks, the fruity skunks and the the skunks that have a flavor all to themselves much like Cheese.

What I don’t understand is why so few breeders work with Skunk stock these days. I get that everyone wants OG flavors and breeders use it because that is what sells, but why narrow the gene pool and available flavors on the market. I do love OG both for the great medicine it is and the flavor but sometimes I want something different. Skunk always seems to offer something different. Why can’t we get back to the days of high variety?

Sorry for the diatribe but it’s been on my mind lately.

Top Bottom