Medical Grade Bio-available Hash Oil Using Badkat's Cannapharm Recipe

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

Just a few notes.
I don't know how free oxygen is ever your friend when processing organics.
I oxidizes things.
And I don't know of any circumstance where it acts as a catalyst.

Your notions of "fatty acids opening up" with longer heating needs further investigation, but I feel it unlikely.
If a difference is noticed, consider that it may result from an overall higher and more uniform temperature.

And, as I sure you understand, your oven stage is decarboxylation, which will release a bit of CO2, and makes your medicine ingestable.

I encourage your efforts, and your willingness to share, just wanted to offer tunings for your models.

Organikz

Organikz

Just a few notes.
I don't know how free oxygen is ever your friend when processing organics.
I oxidizes things.
And I don't know of any circumstance where it acts as a catalyst.

Your notions of "fatty acids opening up" with longer heating needs further investigation, but I feel it unlikely.
If a difference is noticed, consider that it may result from an overall higher and more uniform temperature.

And, as I sure you understand, your oven stage is decarboxylation, which will release a bit of CO2, and makes your medicine ingestable.

I encourage your efforts, and your willingness to share, just wanted to offer tunings for your models.
Thank you @Dunge as I understand oxygen degrades THC correct? Decarboxilation is actually deconstruction of THC. The process of being broken down into simpler forms if you will. This is also what happens during curing. It's the fermentation of THC aka the break down. The release of CO2 from organic matter is caused by...deconstruction.

The influences of molecular structure of the oil being caused by heating or freezing are pointed out and are important to the infusion process. When any matter is heated molecules spread apart. I'm no scientist but i feel like spreading molecules is a good idea when you want to make something attach to them. Along with the fact that the molecules will already be in motion. This will allow infusion to happen more rapidly and evenly correct?

The freeze and reheat step is a degradation into simpler form including the fatty acids in the oil. Just as enzymes break organic material down to make it available to your plants.

It is of the utmost importance to achieve bio-availability. You can eat 1000mg of THC and not feel a thing. Absorption is clutch.

Last edited:
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I have made green dragon many times I don't anymore because the alcohol pulls more than just the medicine. such as chlorophyll, tars, and alkaloids.

I still make tincture but no longer make them with flower.

here is the way I make my tincture now.

I put a gram of shatter, Rosin, Crumble, etc in a 10 ml dropper bottle then fill tge bottle with Everclear.

this gives me a very potent tincture about 90 mg/ml.

Holy shit! How many do you eat per day? I have a link to a crazy tincture called green dragon. I'm even scared to try that shit.

Organikz

Organikz

I also want to mention I can take no credit. This isn't my model. Badkat has an awesome DIY demo. BrassNWood helped iron out details.

Badkat is a true healer.

Organikz

Organikz

When I get off of work I will discuss long-term storage which isn't really much. I will also discuss different combinations of oils that people have mentioned because of the different lengths of fatty acid strings which allows for a more consistent absorption or would work better for people with digestive sensitivities.

scoop

scoop

Maybe someday... someone somewhere will figure out what precludes some of us from absorbing/enjoying ingested THC/edibles/etc. I've wrung this out and I don't think I've missed anything. I've also, many times, eaten other people's offerings...all to no real avail.

On the flipside...I've shared what I've made with others and they've told me tales of how high THEY got. Just a few weeks ago I made some Peanut Butter cookies and dosed em @ 25-30 mg each. (3 gs of bub into 40 small cookies....) My neighbor fell and twisted his knee and was trying to eat Vicodin but it kept making him sick... so he asked for some cookies. He doesn't smoke....and has no tHC in his system....and had never ate THC... so I cautioned him STRONGLY....and told him to eat 1/4 of a cookie....wait....wait....wait.... and only then eat more. He, of course, ate the first 1/4 while I was there.....but after I left he ate the rest of the cookie.

2 hours later he said he could barely stand up...and had to use the crutches to get to bed. He said he'd been high years ago many times...but never THAT high.

Me? I ate 4 of those same cookies in one sitting....and didn't feel a thing. Then I tried 6 in one sitting a few days later. Uhhhum..... fuck me.

Must need a higher dose, huh?

Just last night I ate some banana bread I made a few days ago. 8 g's of bubble hash. Decarbed @ 225 for 35 mins in the oven....then mixed into the butter needed for the recipe with a tbsp of lecithin. I even used the "Nutri-bullet" to make sure all the hash was mixed in well with the butter. I baked it all @ 300F. It made 2 beautiful loaves.

Everything I've read (various forums, Skunk Pharma, other websites/recipes/stoners approaches/etc.) says bub has a 30-60% thc range. Figuring low....at 30%....or 300 mg a gram from my crude/rudimentary understanding....that would be 2400 mgs en total of THC. Divided by 2 loaves....1200 mg per loaf....minimum. (Correct?) If so.....1/4 of a loaf would be 300mg minimum....(600 maximum)

From what I gather......such a dose should send most folks on a rocket ride....

So I washed down 2 thick slices...aka....1/4 loaf .....with a big glass of whole milk....@4pm

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

same shit! Nothing but a slight headache and an overall....what I would call "dull" feeling. It kinda took away my jones to smoke...but since I wasn't really "high"...I smoked after dinner to fix the problem.

Went to bed @ 10pm....no noticable effects.... slept well....but no better than most other nights.

Frustrating to say the least.... I envy those of you who can make this work.

xavier7995

xavier7995

My wife has that same issue scoop. No matter the quantity or potency, just barely registers. At most she feels a bit of a buzz for like 15 minutes. Stuff I make, others, dispensary products, just do not get it done; a really big piece of NT's notorious hash Carmel was the most effective but still nothing like it should have been.

Making some green dragon/tincture/weed extracted into everclear soon so maybe that will work.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
When I get off of work I will discuss long-term storage which isn't really much. I will also discuss different combinations of oils that people have mentioned because of the different lengths of fatty acid strings which allows for a more consistent absorption or would work better for people with digestive sensitivities.
i like how you worded this.. what time do we have to be in class professor?:D

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Maybe someday... someone somewhere will figure out what precludes some of us from absorbing/enjoying ingested THC/edibles/etc. I've wrung this out and I don't think I've missed anything. I've also, many times, eaten other people's offerings...all to no real avail.

On the flipside...I've shared what I've made with others and they've told me tales of how high THEY got. Just a few weeks ago I made some Peanut Butter cookies and dosed em @ 25-30 mg each. (3 gs of bub into 40 small cookies....) My neighbor fell and twisted his knee and was trying to eat Vicodin but it kept making him sick... so he asked for some cookies. He doesn't smoke....and has no tHC in his system....and had never ate THC... so I cautioned him STRONGLY....and told him to eat 1/4 of a cookie....wait....wait....wait.... and only then eat more. He, of course, ate the first 1/4 while I was there.....but after I left he ate the rest of the cookie.

2 hours later he said he could barely stand up...and had to use the crutches to get to bed. He said he'd been high years ago many times...but never THAT high.

Me? I ate 4 of those same cookies in one sitting....and didn't feel a thing. Then I tried 6 in one sitting a few days later. Uhhhum..... fuck me.

Just last night I ate some banana bread I made a few days ago. 8 g's of bubble hash. Decarbed @ 225 for 35 mins in the oven....then mixed into the butter needed for the recipe with a tbsp of lecithin. I even used the "Nutri-bullet" to make sure all the hash was mixed in well with the butter. I baked it all @ 300F. It made 2 beautiful loaves.

Everything I've read (various forums, Skunk Pharma, other websites/recipes/stoners approaches/etc.) says bub has a 30-60% thc range. Figuring low....at 30%....or 300 mg a gram from my crude/rudimentary understanding....that would be 2400 mgs en total of THC. Divided by 2 loaves....1200 mg per loaf....minimum. (Correct?) If so.....1/4 of a loaf would be 300mg minimum....(600 maximum)

So I washed down 2 thick slices...aka....1/4 loaf .....with a big glass of whole milk....@4pm

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

same shit! Nothing but a slight headache and an overall....what I would call "dull" feeling. It kinda took away my jones to smoke...but since I wasn't really "high"...I smoked after dinner to fix the problem.

Went to bed @ 10pm....no noticable effects.... slept well....but no better than most other nights.

The headache probably came from a pathogen.

Organikz

Organikz

i like how you worded this.. what time do we have to be in class professor?:D
Throw in anything you would like but as I mentioned the steps written here were used with Kats recipe. It's proven to be most effective. She just opened a cannabis bed n breakfast and was featured in high times.

Organikz

Organikz

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

Maybe a combination of oils with different fatty acid chain lengths would do it.

Organikz

Organikz

How to create a more varied delivery system with an array of oils

A few drops of the following oils could create a more varied delivery system for some. All you need to do is add a pinch of lecithin powder to your melted coconut oil along with a few drops of the following oils per 2 tsps of coconut oil.

>canola
>castor
>avocado
>almond

Stir well. We want the oils to emulsify.

@scoop
this could be your answer.

Organikz

Organikz

@gravekat303
I agree. I find that it becomes hard to work with flower because there's so much husk material. Most of the oil bec9mes soaked into husk. Hash will pretty much dissolve . Works best when shaken into kief with a 160 Micron screen.

I also feel like there is no limit to your dosing concentration with hash. I've heard of kat using as much as 15 grams.

One drop would send most to the roof.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

its all about tolerance. I use MMJ medically and only use 13.5 mg a day to control my Crohns.

I have asthma so don't smoke. I make tinctures and add the tincture to hot coffee or tea.

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

waited.....

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
its all about tolerance. I use MMJ medically and only use 13.5 mg a day to control my Crohns.

I have asthma so don't smoke. I make tinctures and add the tincture to hot coffee or tea.
I have asthma and smoke like a champ havent had an attack in years

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I tried smoking and vaping the herb

that smoke hits my throat and lungs and my lungs almost seize

I can vape concentrates but the only way I can use the herb is edibles or tincture.

I have asthma and smoke like a champ havent had an attack in years

scoop

scoop

The headache probably came from a pathogen.

Unless all edibles contain pathogens....I have to say "doubtful" on that idea. A low-grade headache is a constant for me with any/all edibles I've tried. It's about all I can truly count on for an effect. Sucks...because I'd love to lessen my smoking regime'.

As far as different oils/etc...I seriously doubt that is gonna be any different. As I say, I've tried dosing many times from many different folks...cooked multiple different ways....and I've tried many, many times on my own.

It is what it is. Enjoy.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Unless all edibles contain pathogens....I have to say "doubtful" on that idea. A low-grade headache is a constant for me with any/all edibles I've tried. It's about all I can truly count on for an effect. Sucks...because I'd love to lessen my smoking regime'.

As far as different oils/etc...I seriously doubt that is gonna be any different. As I say, I've tried dosing many times from many different folks...cooked multiple different ways....and I've tried many, many times on my own.

It is what it is. Enjoy.
it usually edibles take 45 minutes to two hours to kick in.

Organikz

Organikz

Okay @scoop last try. I want to help you out. Figured you posted because you wanted a response or possible solution.

Last ditch effort would be to add a 1/4 tsp of cold press organic aloe gel. Aloe is in most prescription medications. It softens cell membrane as well as creates a direct uptake pathway

Top Bottom