• Thread starter Bluedreaming
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

Title says it all.
I currently run 2 T5s 8bulb 4ft'ers
in a 4x8 tent, one T5 for each 4x4
I doubt the T5's foot print is covering a 4x4 tho.

Plan on taking down the tent and building a 4x8x8 box
It was a vented room with a filter pulling air from the top of tent and exhausting into the room next to it.
Found a 10k btu mini split for as cheap as $500!
Upgrade the veg time!

Going to do a sealed veg room with A/C
Still probbably same size 4x8.

I want the best bang for my buck when it comes choosing proprietary veg lights.
The two choices in question are

A. 2x Nanolux Super DE 1k Watts - W/ 600watt Mh bulb, and dimmed to 600

B. 2x Nanolux 630W CMH W/ 2x 4100k CMH Veg bulbs

Either choice I feel like 10k btus will cool well.
I'd really like to hear if there is a foot print difference in these lights.

My flower is all nanolux so I would like to keep the veg the same, thanks.

Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

Your going to supplement co2 correct since your running a sealed room?

Use the cmh, you'll thank me in 4 weeks.

I can only seem to find mixed opinions on if adding Co2 in the veg room helps or not, I do have a nice co2 system for flower with a tank, regulator, and controller. Thought I might go with exhale bags for co2 in the veg tent/room.

Before I make the jump to cmh I want to find out a few things like for one is a
630W CMH w/(2) 315w CMH bulbs
Stronger then a
630W CMH w/(1) 630w DE CMH bulb
(Nanolux 630 vs Growers choice DE 630)

For strictly veg I want bushy, tight nodes, and fast growth.
Will a 630w cmh out preform 600W DE MH?
The 1k DE fixture will be able to run 1k DE MH bulbs also, I know at the loss of effeciency towards elec. Bill, but how close will a 630w cmh preform against a 1K DE MH?

I know its alot of questions but I cant find the answered anywhere especially if im just trying to find out for strictly veg lol.

Also all bulbs in question are either
1kW DE MH 6000k
600W DE MH 6000k

315W SE CMH 4200k
630W DE CMH 4200k

Striclty veg 4x4 maybe 5x5 which will trump all in Veg.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

With any sealed room, you must supply co2, or your plants can' survive. I've an co2 in veg w/o any issues. I don' see any issue running co2 in veg.

Exhale bags...
I tested out the xl exhale bags in a small 90% sealed room, turned on my controller, in 24hrs, it raised the ppm 20 points. The room is a 5x10 (if that). So don' waste your $. It may be good for a small 3x3 tent

Cmh
The dual bulb will always be better
You can mix spectrums (3k and 4k). I would use this combo in flower. A 630 can compete With A 1k. May not beat it weight wise, but it' gonna be close. Plus the cmh will beat out the quality of the hos.

Bluedreaming

Bluedreaming

Maybe ill do a burner in the veg since ill have all that extra cooling, 2, 630w is only 4k btus of heat I don't know how much heat a co2 generator makes tho.

I understand a dual bulb cmh with one 3100k and one 4200k probably crushs in flower but I'm speaking strictly veg so will two 4200k 315w cmh beat 1 4200k 630w cmh for veg growth rates, tight nodes, vigor. And then will a 1k de mh beat all of it for best veg growth and vigor or will 630w cmh 4200k blow 1k mh out the water for dedicated vegging lights.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes
There's been reported issues with all de bulbs. If one side burns out, the bulb is done. If one side of a dual bulb setup burns out, you still have 1 good bulb.

You will have heat from the generator, with out a doubt. Please get the burn proper to avoid carbon monoxide build up, or death to your plants. It's also been documented of gen growers having plant issues from.a non clean burn.

Freshone

Freshone

I have never (after years)had a DE bulb failure,but those are Hps Philips in gavitas.
I do have one of the GC 630 de MH bulbs to try sometime but I don't have alot of high expectations,GC is known for problems.If it was me I'd play it safe and use Philips 315 bulbs x2.

P

Pimples

Title says it all.
I currently run 2 T5s 8bulb 4ft'ers
in a 4x8 tent, one T5 for each 4x4
I doubt the T5's foot print is covering a 4x4 tho.

Plan on taking down the tent and building a 4x8x8 box
It was a vented room with a filter pulling air from the top of tent and exhausting into the room next to it.
Found a 10k btu mini split for as cheap as $500!
Upgrade the veg time!

Going to do a sealed veg room with A/C
Still probbably same size 4x8.

I want the best bang for my buck when it comes choosing proprietary veg lights.
The two choices in question are

A. 2x Nanolux Super DE 1k Watts - W/ 600watt Mh bulb, and dimmed to 600

B. 2x Nanolux 630W CMH W/ 2x 4100k CMH Veg bulbs

Either choice I feel like 10k btus will cool well.
I'd really like to hear if there is a foot print difference in these lights.

My flower is all nanolux so I would like to keep the veg the same, thanks.
Go with the cmh..ditch them t5's unless you grow bigger plants..then you can hang them vertically on the side walls for some side lighting. Alot of people say it doesnt do much using t5's like this but in my experience it works sweet. You dont have to. It is kinda overkill because the cmh fixtures will get her done but it will really help under canopy side lighting. Penetration. Anyways. Yes. Go with the damn near perfect spring like sun spectrum of the cmh lamps. Seal that room up..your on the right track..(nice score on the mini split as well). And definitely use co2 in there for even faster bushier growth. I wouldnt bother with those exhale bags and go with a tank and regulator. Alot of growers say co2 in veg doesn't do much and it prolly doesn't with traditional t5 florescent lamps but with HID's like hps..mh and cmh..co2 supplementation will kick major ass. Serious. You will have an awesome finely tuned veg engine with a turbo boost. Since your running such a faster veg room with all the sweet gear..be prepared to move up your entire systems clocks and timings for when stuff is finished in bloom rooms..taking cuts..root times..preflowering vegging ladies..all of it. And be prepared to up the feeds and amounts. Everything in that veg room is amped up..ready to roll. Nice. Oh by the way..there is a youtube vid from monster gardens did a little test and review on those double ended metal halide bulbs and thier results said they are pretty horrible. Check it out. Something to do with the arc tube and it really is kind of a scam for growers that dont know any better. Plus the heat..de lamps are hot as hell. I use em. DE Hps that is...In flower though. Cmh is what you want. They blow past regular metal halides and t5's for veg. Super efficient. And damn near perfect sun like spectrum. Hey...get back with us and let us know how the new veg room grows with the new lamps..sealed and with gas. Iam ready as well (soon) to make the jump to cmh lamps in both veg and supplemental lighting along side my hps lamps in flower/bloom rooms.

Last edited:
Jasper Geist

Jasper Geist

Go with the cmh..ditch them t5's unless you grow bigger plants..then you can hang them vertically on the side walls for some side lighting. Alot of people say it doesnt do much using t5's like this but in my experience it works sweet. You dont have to. It is kinda overkill because the cmh fixtures will get her done but it will really help under canopy side lighting. Penetration. Anyways. Yes. Go with the damn near perfect spring like sun spectrum of the cmh lamps. Seal that room up..your on the right track..(nice score on the mini split as well). And definitely use co2 in there for even faster bushier growth. I wouldnt bother with those exhale bags and go with a tank and regulator. Alot of growers say co2 in veg doesn't do much and it prolly doesn't with traditional t5 florescent lamps but with HID's like hps..mh and cmh..co2 supplementation will kick major ass. Serious. You will have an awesome finely tuned veg engine with a turbo boost. Since your running such a faster veg room with all the sweet gear..be prepared to move up your entire systems clocks and timings for when stuff is finished in bloom rooms..taking cuts..root times..preflowering vegging ladies..all of it. And be prepared to up the feeds and amounts. Everything in that veg room is amped up..ready to roll. Nice. Oh by the way..there is a youtube vid from monster gardens did a little test and review on those double ended metal halide bulbs and thier results said they are pretty horrible. Check it out. Something to do with the arc tube and it really is kind of a scam for growers that dont know any better. Plus the heat..de lamps are hot as hell. I use em. DE Hps that is...In flower though. Cmh is what you want. They blow past regular metal halides and t5's for veg. Super efficient. And damn near perfect sun like spectrum. Hey...get back with us and let us know how the new veg room grows with the new lamps..sealed and with gas. Iam ready as well (soon) to make the jump to cmh lamps in both veg and supplemental lighting along side my hps lamps in flower/bloom rooms.

Good post! Thanks for the info on Co2 and veg. I haven't taken the Co2 leap yet but figured it would be most beneficial in flower. Nice to have another take on the issue.

I've been experimenting with CMH and I just finished a grow where I went with just 3100k through Veg and Bloom. I was impressed with the tighter nodes on a Paki/Afghani purple indica strain (multiple grows on the same strain). I knew I wouldn't get the same growth or yield as I'm used to with the typical HPS in flower but all in all... it's interesting. My next grow I'll go with a 4200k or 4200/3100k for veg but I'll switch to hps for flower. I love CMH and the spectrum (as well as my lower electric bill) but I'm not seeing the "pop" that I get from HPS. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Any ideas?

N

NZweedTHC

Good post! Thanks for the info on Co2 and veg. I haven't taken the Co2 leap yet but figured it would be most beneficial in flower. Nice to have another take on the issue.

I've been experimenting with CMH and I just finished a grow where I went with just 3100k through Veg and Bloom. I was impressed with the tighter nodes on a Paki/Afghani purple indica strain (multiple grows on the same strain). I knew I wouldn't get the same growth or yield as I'm used to with the typical HPS in flower but all in all... it's interesting. My next grow I'll go with a 4200k or 4200/3100k for veg but I'll switch to hps for flower. I love CMH and the spectrum (as well as my lower electric bill) but I'm not seeing the "pop" that I get from HPS. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong? Any ideas?

UC Quest

UC Quest

What c02 ppm for veg is recommended ?

How can you check to ensure gen is burning correctly ?

Is one c02 generator better than another ?

@DemonTrich

Latest posts

Top Bottom