Microbes/bacteria

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McLeafy

I have compared a list of "ingredients" for AN Voodoo Juice, Fox Farm Microbe Brew, Soil Balance Pro, and Mammoth P. Virtual zero overlap in microbe content. So it's real hard to decide on just one or two. What have you used? What were your results?

Dunge

Dunge

I have been using Recharge for a few months to inoculate microbial tea.
About a teaspoon into a 4 gallon batch which I brew for 5 days.
I also include runoff from a worm bin.
The resultant tea smells better than many of my historic choices.
And seems to yield the required multitudes who are sacrificed to the root zone.
20171024 130833 001

Expensive, but it goes along way.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Agreed, Mammoth P is very expensive. Not really worth it to me for a claimed 16% increase in yield, and a 6% increase in stem strength.

How the hell would you quantify a 6% increase anyway? "Yep, that's 6% stronger that last run".....really?

M

McLeafy

Agreed, Mammoth P is very expensive. Not really worth it to me for a claimed 16% increase in yield, and a 6% increase in stem strength.

How the hell would you quantify a 6% increase anyway? "Yep, that's 6% stronger that last run".....really?
Hahaha! Exactly. I've read the science behind all the strains in the 4 products I mentioned and it seems to me Soil Balance Pro may offer the most promise.

Enforcer

Enforcer

How are you applying it? Root drench? I received a bottle with my notg sample pack
Yes. I mix up 20ml to 2 gal RO water in a pump sprayer. I also add SLF-100, molasses, and some roots organics extreme serene. Then I just hand water it in. I do it every week when I change the res. Takes the place of one of the waterings.

Edit:

I don’t run it through the res because;

Microbe, smells like raw sewage. Good to get it in, and get it out. Don’t want that stuff hanging out in your res all week.

SFL-100, being an enzyme it tends to cause bio-slime.

Molasses, will gum up the auto watering system.

Hand watering once a week allows me to get these products in the medium and working, without the drawbacks. Plus it gets me close to my plants once a week. A good time to check for bugs and problems. You’d be surprised how easy it is to neglect the base of the plants with auto watering.

Last edited:
Top Bottom