Mr.real's Grow Spot

• Thread starter Mr.Real
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

I have a heavy mulch layer on top with living mulch growing through it. I have a crop duster that I have put diatomaceous earth over the mulch layer recently. Ima let it dry on the surface as best I can without it being bone dry. Some bugs aren't a problem, what I have is definatelly a problem for me
I would think with a big bed like that and a heavy mulch layer you wouldn't need/want to water as often,but I've never done beds like that only small pots and the sand/de helped me with fungus gnats.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

One more week will be 4 weeks veg. Likely longer than that till they are big enough. I've been LST and supercropping where needed. Removing leaves here and there to get light to grow tips for more branching. I want the canopy full and wider than the bed. I have 9ft of width in the room and the bed is 4 ft wide so there's lots of space. I was hoping to have this grow done before march 1st. Not looking likely as the ck has taken between 70 and 77 days to finish in the past.
Over the weekend I am going to take cuttings from the two candida plants so i can flower them at the same time as the main bed. The candida is supposed to be 10-20% cbd and less than .25% thc. I am very stoked to try that out.

IMG 0927
IMG 0928
IMG 0929
Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Today I am flipping these babies into flower. The canopy is mostly full. I cut way back on watering and the fungus gnats have all but disappeared from my garden. 4 week and 1 day veg. Let's get to it.

IMG 0936
R

RanchoDeluxe

The rice hulls used for aeration are not viable for a long term no till. They will decompose rather quickly leaving you with a very wet, heavy soil. Something to keep an eye on after this cycle or just fix it after you chop. Rice hulls do work great for seedling mixes.
RD

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

The rice hulls used for aeration are not viable for a long term no till. They will decompose rather quickly leaving you with a very wet, heavy soil. Something to keep an eye on after this cycle or just fix it after you chop. Rice hulls do work great for seedling mixes.
RD
I figured as much. I will redo my bed with pumice when needed. I kinda cheaped out as the pumice was expensive. I am definatelly loving growing in a raised bed. Watering is forgiving. Making teas is easy. Bugs are my only concern so far and as I get later into flowering

Organikz

Organikz

I figured as much. I will redo my bed with pumice when needed. I kinda cheaped out as the pumice was expensive. I am definatelly loving growing in a raised bed. Watering is forgiving. Making teas is easy. Bugs are my only concern so far and as I get later into flowering
It does not have to be pumice. I buy red lava rock. I do however prefer Flower Rock as it is much more Airy and I have heard and experience first-hand that vigoro simply dyes concrete.

K

kansabis

It does not have to be pumice. I buy red lava rock. I do however prefer Flower Rock as it is much more Airy and I have heard and experience first-hand that vigoro simply dyes concrete.
Lava rock really? Do I need to crush it into smaller pieces at all? Can get plenty of it that someone wants out of their old flower bed cuz its ugly lol

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Today is 2 weeks into flower. Things are loooking good. Buds are forming nicely. I have been slowly trimming away the under growth from the plants a bit at a time. One problem I am having is my vented hoods draw air from the outside and it has been very cold (-20 c) and there is frost on the first 6” of the glass tube and the plants at that end are noticeably smaller from lack of light. Any suggestion to fix this issue?

4989642B C03C 424E A48B FC0EB3A671B7
FC94905C FD5E 4901 BFA2 6C6992C35080
619BE582 BDB1 496E 8655 8C1A4A3CB4AB

R

RanchoDeluxe

Today is 2 weeks into flower. Things are loooking good. Buds are forming nicely. I have been slowly trimming away the under growth from the plants a bit at a time. One problem I am having is my vented hoods draw air from the outside and it has been very cold (-20 c) and there is frost on the first 6” of the glass tube and the plants at that end are noticeably smaller from lack of light. Any suggestion to fix this issue?

View attachment 767125View attachment 767126View attachment 767127

MH and HPS bulbs are designed to operate at a high temperature. If you pull cold air from outdoors past it the ballast will keep trying to maintain that high temp. Eventually the first ballast inline from outside will fail prematurely.
Pull air from your room, past the lights and then outdoors.
Yeah...i crush it with a tamper. Varies in size from dust, which would be your rock dust component, up to about 1". Done and done...rock dust and aeration.

Oh hell no man. I put 10 yards of 1 1/2" minus in my beds without crushing it. Here's a pic of the first 5 yards.
IMG 20170803 131603903 HDR

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

MH and HPS bulbs are designed to operate at a high temperature. If you pull cold air from outdoors past it the ballast will keep trying to maintain that high temp. Eventually the first ballast inline from outside will fail prematurely.
Pull air from your room, past the lights and then outdoors.

Oh hell no man. I put 10 yards of 1 1/2" minus in my beds without crushing it. Here's a pic of the first 5 yards.View attachment 768004
Lol I know...long argued. I know some guys worry about surface area contact but I feel like the aeration assists some. I feel the biggest aerator is root systems and microbes.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

This grow is now at week 4. I missed a week due to the holidays. Things are looking dope in the grow room.

I originally had the fan draw from inside and blow outside. It worked good for the grow room, but, my wood fireplace had draw issues, my power vent hot water tank had issues. Now stuff is working good. I guess if the ballast buggers off I have 3 year warranty on it.

0FC25928 2C78 4404 A6D5 BA05408C7286
600C5700 79FC 4FBB B159 FA45A8D91C0F
DF0ED89B 0F16 4EB0 A698 2F5AA557E8A1
2CEB5426 D91D 4EDE 8D0F EEB2DA311178
AC54F7AB 4E96 42EC 81C6 D5B6E995B600
Organikz

Organikz

Be careful bro...domt pull exhaust inside. I think u should get a carbon monoxide detector but that's just me...for instance I have an automatic fire extinguisher called watchdog

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Be careful bro...domt pull exhaust inside. I think u should get a carbon monoxide detector but that's just me...for instance I have an automatic fire extinguisher called watchdog
Mostly I would have downdraft in my chimney or if there wasn’t a fire on I would have old fire smell through the fireplace. That is why I changed it to draw air from outside and blow it back outside. Hard wired smoke and co2 detectors are code here and I have a plug in co2 detector just outside where my water tank is. I’m covered there as best as can be

Organikz

Organikz

Good just looking out brotha...im a gas fitter and we send a lot of flue pipe into chimneys.

Mr.Real

Mr.Real

Good just looking out brotha...im a gas fitter and we send a lot of flue pipe into chimneys.
Ur talking masonary chimneys? Code here for gas appliances is directly outside min 3’ to an opening. Thanks for the concern tho, as you never know a persons experience with construction on a forum like this. My fireplace chimney is stainless insulated chimney pipe dedicated to the fireplace.

Did some defoliation in the grow room yesterday

7F40498A 79B8 4C37 8CB4 520B847E5347
Top Bottom