My First Grow Setup - Feedback & Questions

• Thread starter GrowzNCali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you think I'll hit my expected yield?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So we add the kit, and look at the blue hose how it runs in 1 side of the bucket and makes a complete circle, and now you have a recirculating.. Here was how it looked when i finished it

20160908 003119
S l1602
GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

sorry i promised a friend I would help him today, and I jetted after posting... Well be patient and I will see what I can do for you.. My first lesson to you, is always sleep on a decision! Its easy to get the cart ahead of the horse..

Maybe I can find in my thread where I built mine and you can read that.. Im not for sure if I can find it with the search function.. We have added quite a few pages since then.. Your always free to look too...
here is my thread... Tomm I will have more free time too!
Welcome to the farm brothers!!!!
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-first-grow-auto-feminized-sweet-skunk.82884/page-170

No worries my knowledgeable friend. I'll take whatever I can get whenever I can get. Just plant seeds as you can. ;)

I'm sure I can figure it out. Will check the thread and a few resources and will try and make it happen.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

How do you cycle rez water in this system the easiest? Like full transfer of water out and then fresh water and nutes back in. That kind of cycle.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

well shit my phone is dead.. in couple hrs I will..
but see the blue hose on the left with the black air line? You just plug that black line into an air pump, and it will push water thru that blue hose...
61NJYYJjOVL._SL1000_.jpg
Dope, so would you suggest getting that waterfarm or is there another alternative? I'd rather buy the set up than DIY. But this waterfarm is under 400 which makes it affordable

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

How do you cycle rez water in this system the easiest?
u mean change outs? I actually put a t and a shutoff valve with a bout 6" more hose. When I want i just opened the valve and drain it. I use a shop vac in the epicenter to get as much as possible.. Dont worry about getting it all.. And then just auto top off which should have a shut off valve on it between the epicenter and the tote outside so that you can have 25 gals already mixed in the tote with the shutoff valve closed while draining.. as soon as its drained, shut off the drain valve and turn on the fill valve and now 25 gals is available to the system..
After you get a few weeks in then I show you how to use the tote to STEER THE PH like if you had a ph controller.. I make it hands off easy for you fellas.. But do note, hydro, esp rdwc isnt cheap, and you will be broke the next 6 months.. I wont lie... You need beenies in rdwc.. Dont mess with that h202,,, i know it works, but why not utilize 1,000,000 viet kong biologist in the roots doing WORK for you! And just how effective h202 is, i cant say..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Dope, so would you suggest getting that waterfarm or is there another alternative? I'd rather buy the set up than DIY. But this waterfarm is under 400 which makes it affordable
I got the perfect setup for the beginner! But we are only talking setup! not meters, and all the other stuff that goes with hydro..
But as for a system, here is the one that I first bought.. And I grew out pounds in it!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I got the perfect setup for the beginner! But we are only talking setup! not meters, and all the other stuff that goes with hydro..
But as for a system, here is the one that I first bought.. And I grew out pounds in it!
its dwc plus it has top feed.. Its worth the money!!!

brazel

brazel

well shit my phone is dead.. in couple hrs I will..
but see the blue hose on the left with the black air line? You just plug that black line into an air pump, and it will push water thru that blue hose...
61NJYYJjOVL._SL1000_.jpg
Venturi is pretty bitchin.
I used it to create an air lift for my tea brewer!

I imagine in your set up using the air pump to push water method is better than using the water pump that pulls in air method since it keeps the water pump out of your water therefore not heating the water?

Yeah yeah I get a lil curious on your buckets!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Venturi is pretty bitchin.
I used it to create an air lift for my tea brewer!

I imagine in your set up using the air pump to push water method is better than using the water pump that pulls in air method since it keeps the water pump out of your water therefore not heating the water?

Yeah yeah I get a lil curious on your buckets!
that is exactly right... Less heat and +life and you can squeeze by without a chiller..

brazel

brazel

Scrogging in Dwc with only a buckets worth of nutes that you have to control every day is not childs play
Why is scrog hard in DWC?
I'm thinking from reading your post you have to lift the lid which the plant is attached to, then check the water?

So recirculating means you don't have to do that since you'd have a reservoir?

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Why is scrog hard in DWC?
I'm thinking from reading your post you have to lift the lid which the plant is attached to, then check the water?

So recirculating means you don't have to do that since you'd have a reservoir?
Right mine is not circulating so you gotta crawl under there and move shit. Mine are set up as one stone per bucket and that's it. So yeah when I get the recirculating you bet I will be scrogging everything, just sucks will prolly need to buy 2 set ups to have veg setup and bloom set up. Good investment I believe

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

Ok, found a great video with parts list for those DIYers out there:

After watching the vid I think I'm going to cope with my two buckets grow as is so I can get it started. I'll slide the lid to the side to check roots/PH, etc. Since I'm already planning on purchasing a larger tent I'm going to spend some time on setting up a system like this for my second grow. I want and build it with a lot more room available. Luckily, I have an extra bedroom I can use for future grows. I can use my spare time during this grow to get things ready, ask questions and set shit up right.

brazel

brazel

Could you drill 1/16" or 1/8" holes around the edge of the lid to run plant wire to pull down your branches? So you'd still get the effects of scrog but instead of a net holding the branches down it'd be plant wire? WOG! Haha wire of green!

Yeah The recirculating seems pretty cool

Top Bottom