My First Grow

• Thread starter Littyagain1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Littyagain1

Hello , I'm working on my first grow . I am using a viparspectra 300w led light and I am growing in 24x24x24 tent . How much can I expect from my first grow from one plant in that size tent ? I would also like any advice and recommendations for materials ( soil to use etc . ) anything that'll make he process easier and also thing to avoid .

Dan789

Dan789

First of all welcome to the farm, secondly with regard to what can you expect, don’t have a clue as what strain your growing, nutrients, grow medium and so on all influence what you’ll hopefully harvest. Anything you harvest, you’ll be able to say “I grew it myself”, that’s plenty. Good luck.

L

Littyagain1

First of all welcome to the farm, secondly with regard to what can you expect, don’t have a clue as what strain your growing, nutrients, grow medium and so on all influence what you’ll hopefully harvest. Anything you harvest, you’ll be able to say “I grew it myself”, that’s plenty. Good luck.

I'll be growing cherry bomb gelato . I haven't bought any nutrients yet . I'm currently doing my research on what would be good for it .

Dan789

Dan789

Here’s something, simple relatively inexpensive, not temperamental, good to start with. Also it’s dry, you just mix with water.

7FBF995F 8D2C 4B17 80E4 ED06D3F83B4F
Dan789

Dan789

I posted a link to the actual tent I purchased , is that a good one or should I get another one ? I didn't want anything too big . Just wanted to focus on one or two plants until I get the hang of things.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WO9EHI6/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_post_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Imho too short, get one at least 5’ (60”) tall or 72”. I’ve got a 2’x3’x6’ and it would fit your two plants, be small enough to push into a corner almost anywhere and at some time as you get a bigger tent, you can still use it for clones and seedlings.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I posted a link to the actual tent I purchased , is that a good one or should I get another one ? I didn't want anything too big . Just wanted to focus on one or two plants until I get the hang of things.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WO9EHI6/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_post_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will not be able to flower the plants in that tent. You need at least a 6’ tent to accommodate pots, plants, lights.

For reference, this is my 3’x3’x6’ tent at last harvest. I probably could have done a better job controlling the stretch, but anyway. There are 3 white widow plants in there. Vegged 6.5 weeks from seed, flowered for 63 days. As you can see, there’s no way I would be able to cram all that into a 2’x2’x2’ tent. Even with removing one plant from the equation. If you really need the 2x2 footprint, you could make that work with training and reduced veg time. But you will need a taller tent to take them to harvest. You could get a taller tent and use the 2x2, with a T5 light, as a propagation tent for seedlings and cuttings. Good luck and welcome to the farm.

1943CECC 3906 4009 9DBB 8174CAE0249A
L

Littyagain1

Ok I plan on getting a bigger tent before harvest . I've been using that tent for flowering so far this is what I got . How is it looking ? What are some things I could do to help it grow faster .

IMG 3552
Top Bottom