Need Help On Picking A Qb Set Up.

• Thread starter Iceman2494
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

I’ll attempt to build if I can but I seen all qb12s sold out. I greatly appreciate the help . I just want to get this grow going and learn to move on to the next . 2 day old girl . First plant in 10 years .

3273762B B8DF 4C4B 8479 FB2858EE60C2
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I understand..maybe start with one of these (V1s are cheaper than the new V2s..You can add as you go..
Yes..the black thing is a heatsink..note it is a bit small for a 2x4 (with these, you only need 35-45 watts per sq ft for a super grow (8sq ft for your tent)..These are the most efficient lights out there at the moment..ie: burples need 45-55+ watts in the same space. If I decide to flower more than one plant in that 2x4 (my breeding tent), I will either add 2 more QBs or a C.O.B.

Like you..I don't go for yield ( I actually have too much flower, and am behind in hash making and rosin pressing)..but I do want the best and tastiest bud I can grow.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9SP862

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

I understand..maybe start with one of these (V1s are cheaper than the new V2s..You can add as you go..
Yes..the black thing is a heatsink..note it is a bit small for a 2x4 (with these, you only need 35-45 watts per sq ft for a super grow (8sq ft for your tent)..These are the most efficient lights out there at the moment..ie: burples need 45-55+ watts in the same space. If I decide to flower more than one plant in that 2x4 (my breeding tent), I will either add 2 more QBs or a C.O.B.

Like you..I don't go for yield ( I actually have too much flower, and am behind in hash making and rosin pressing)..but I do want the best and tastiest bud I can grow.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D9SP862
Thanks man . I’ve been scratching my head on lights for days . I want qb for the light and less heat . When I started it was hps/mh. This is all new to me . If I can get on qb going I can pick another up in future. Think with an 200w from wall full spectrum cob and another 100w off brand plus that light should produce something for now right ?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You should be just fine..Remember that you can always mount the driver outside the tent, to further reduce heat in the growing area..Have fun growing..and this is a great place to find out stuff..ie: I found out today to always watch for more details..as I was taken in by that knockoff.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

You should be just fine..Remember that you can always mount the driver outside the tent, to further reduce heat in the growing area..Have fun growing..and this is a great place to find out stuff..ie: I found out today to always watch for more details..as I was taken in by that knockoff.
I been on here for almost a week now . Always asking questions but never get answers for days . I appreciate it though . Spent to much to walk away . Plus it’s to much fun .

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I been on here for almost a week now . Always asking questions but never get answers for days . I appreciate it though . Spent to much to walk away . Plus it’s to much fun .
Just keep trying..people get busy and this is outdoor harvest time for many..Enjoy and ask away!

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Yup my 600 purple is only little over 200 from wall and the 1200w rated cob setup is 6 50w cobs. So true draw was like 335w counting fans in it.
Not sure if my seedling can Handel 2 lights on it at a time . How does your purple do in grows ?

Monster762

Monster762

Not sure if my seedling can Handel 2 lights on it at a time . How does your purple do in grows ?
The purple leds do work pretty good. Everyone hates on em cause of cheap parts n assembly really. Some of them are straight trash but some work damn good. And no you don’t need $1000 kind leds. I started with a 600w Walmart led for like $125. Then added a 4 bulb 2 foot t5 $50 so total lighting in a 3.5x3.5 box was $175. I’ll try to find a pic of my first run. Growth was ridiculous and that led is still kicking. Lost a couple little lights in it now though but still using it. I keep anything but t5 a couple feet away on seedling. T5 is an overall option too just stagger bulbs in it.

Monster762

Monster762

1552CB1A 7B02 42BA 8C60 E0943B40D0AA
17A45FA8 B3B3 4FDB 9D76 6A5E87FC2EA8
The purple leds do work pretty good. Everyone hates on em cause of cheap parts n assembly really. Some of them are straight trash but some work damn good. And no you don’t need $1000 kind leds. I started with a 600w Walmart led for like $125. Then added a 4 bulb 2 foot t5 $50 so total lighting in a 3.5x3.5 box was $175. I’ll try to find a pic of my first run. Growth was ridiculous and that led is still kicking. Lost a couple little lights in it now though but still using it. I keep anything but t5 a couple feet away on seedling. T5 is an overall option too just stagger bulbs in it.
Hers the t5 purple combo plant you can size it by the toilet paper sitting there. I messed up the dry though. Beginners luck then a common rookie mistake.
1552CB1A 7B02 42BA 8C60 E0943B40D0AA
17A45FA8 B3B3 4FDB 9D76 6A5E87FC2EA8

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I actually kept one of my burple lights..It's a Unit Farm UFO80 with Cree and Oshram diodes. Pretty efficient too..draws 175 watts (they put that true statement in their stuff, and don't inflate their specs). I got it for free last year for testing and reviewing the light for them..It is assembled in China, but it is a tank..nothing cheap about it (price included..LOL).
PS. I don't move seedlings from under CFL's for 2 weeks..then under the 3500k QBs for veg.

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

I actually kept one of my burple lights..It's a Unit Farm UFO80 with Cree and Oshram diodes. Pretty efficient too..draws 175 watts (they put that true statement in their stuff, and don't inflate their specs). I got it for free last year for testing and reviewing the light for them..It is assembled in China, but it is a tank..nothing cheap about it (price included..LOL).
PS. I don't move seedlings from under CFL's for 2 weeks..then under the 3500k QBs for veg.
Those are some beast monster! Wish someone would let me test a light out . I think I’ll add the cob light to the room so I’ll have 2 lights going . Mine are just in solo till big enough to put in a pot . I’m just using 707 organic soil and water for now . She’s only 3 days old . Super lemon haze . Already see second set of leaf growth starting .

A33ADA61 385D 40BB 81E6 4540B18D281B
62BE363D 0804 4C04 A9CD 5BA8C06ED046
Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Those are some beast monster! Wish someone would let me test a light out . I think I’ll add the cob light to the room so I’ll have 2 lights going . Mine are just in solo till big enough to put in a pot . I’m just using 707 organic soil and water for now . She’s only 3 days old . Super lemon haze . Already see second set of leaf growth starting .
I have that blurple light about a little over a foot from it . Is that to low?i don’t have any qb or t5 right now . Just the two knock off blurp lamps and I’m only using one right now

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I have that blurple light about a little over a foot from it . Is that to low?i don’t have any qb or t5 right now . Just the two knock off blurp lamps and I’m only using one right now
Watch for leaf curl (upwards and jagged edges)..if so..too close.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Only thing I see pointing up a tad is bottom round leaf. Been like that since it popped up .
Not pointing up, as in praying..the edges themselves..not the entire leaf..praying to the light is good..google..light/heat stress and how to spot it..

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Not pointing up, as in praying..the edges themselves..not the entire leaf..praying to the light is good..google..light/heat stress and how to spot it..
I’ve scoured this site for hrs a day for tips . Don’t see and discoloration on leaves or any curling from first set . They’re pretty much green . I check on it every couple of hrs if I’m home and haven’t seen any signs of stress . Only my impatience for it to grow lol . I want to do some lst and topping. I have. 2 more seeds headed my way by next week

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

Yea I’ve had that happen to me on my very first grow . Years ago . I was using a hps and during the winter was so cold (no central heat and air ) . Finally figured it was heat burn . Cloned Afghan and my skunk I had plants all over as basically house plants . I had 6 true plants flowering and my house never stunk so good .

Iceman2494

Iceman2494

This is my cob light not sure god how good it is . Couldn’t hurt to Help grow . More of a light pinkish not blurpl

98B99399 C30B 4068 B9A4 33471982BDB6
Top Bottom