need input on using AN's Bud Candy please

• Thread starter username09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i thought this was a bud candy thread?
somebody has a sore butt from advanced

I should of known better then to answer the question about nirvana, i didnt mean to change the subject thread. i apologize...

I have nothing against advanced personally, i just assumed real math on the subject would matter to other growers who spend thousands of dollars a year on their products.

Personally i find nutrient profiles and cost benifit analysis a much better way to provide helpful information then "this stuff is dank!" "use it!" Thats why i dont tell people what products to use, only about the products that can be used....

Hope thats helpful.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Personally i find nutrient profiles and cost benifit analysis a much better way to provide helpful information then "this stuff is dank!" "use it!" Thats why i dont tell people what products to use, only about the products that can be used....

my cheap ass cant argue with some good cost analysis, but for me its about quality improvement and finishing times. bud candy cant help with the finishing time, but a good sweetner will add to the quality of your finished product like you wouldnt beleive, even if it just molases. im a whore to be on the top shelf

M

Mmmmasonite

I won't break the bank but I don't mind spending a few extra bucks for a product that improves my buds. Don't use everything from AN but def mix it up with them and others to make ur own unique recipe

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

but a good sweetner will add to the quality of your finished product like you wouldnt beleive, even if it just molasses.

Its not just molasses, they put epsom salt in there too. (another 2 dollar ingredient).

M

Mmmmasonite

Its not just molasses, they put epsom salt in there too. (another 2 dollar ingredient).

72 different elements...grape and cranberry extract.....tons of aminos......You know what.....F*ck it......Besides telling you that Bud candy greatly improved my and many other great MMJ growers crops(which is enough proof for me), I will give you a great description of what is in there and why............

The Benefits of Using Amino Acids and Other Compounds
In the Correct Form for Your Plants
Here’s something else to keep in mind: whether or not you get more money for your crops depends on the quality of specific ingredients in the products you feed them. This is especially important in organic formulas.
For example, you may see hydroponics formulas that contain “molasses,” and sometimes you will see molasses as a recommended stand-alone feed by growers who try to use it to make sweeter veggies.
But as with almost every individual ingredient in hydroponics formulas, there are many grades and types of molasses, and the differences between them decide whether they will deliver your bigger, better yields.
Fact is, almost all common types of molasses are loaded with sulphur, or they’re made from materials and processes that lower their sugar content and quality.

When sulphured, low-grade molasses enter your crops, it throws off your nutrient ratios while providing smaller percentages of sugars.
Now take a minute and let me show you how this relates to the types and forms of amino acids in hydroponics formulas.
Amino acids are crucial building blocks for proteins that fuel metabolic processes and physical structure in your flowering plants. Few hydroponics formulas contain amino acids, but almost all the ones that have aminos provide them in a form called “D-Aminos.”
Although these aminos are cheaper to source and manufacture, they unfortunately are not very helpful to your plants.
On the other hand, the L-form of amino acids is totally biologically available for rapid uptake and formation of proteins that rapidly increase your crop health and yield.
So you can see how as with molasses and other ingredients in hydroponics formulas, the types and forms of what you feed your crops matters a lot when it gets to harvest time.

Sweeter Flowers are what your after!
Sweeter flowers are yours when you boost your crop’s taste and aroma by furnishing anthocyanins, isoflavonoids, polyphenols, isoterpenes and tannins found in cranberry and grape extracts.

Yet another technique for upgrading the aroma, taste and value of your crop is to feed vitamins to your plants.
For example, Vitamin C stimulates photosynthesis and cell replication while also protecting your plants from negative effects of intense light and heat. To go along with Vitamin C, studies show that feeding your plants B vitamins provides many flower-boosting benefits while also protecting crops from stress.
So how can you get this extensive menu of crop-boosting compounds you’ve just found out about? Fortunately, Advanced Nutrients scientists have successfully managed the complex task of sourcing, processing, and combining all these 100% organic aminos, carbs, and vitamins so Bud Candy delivers bigger, sweeter veggies to you right away.

And you’re getting two products in one because Bud Candy gives you everything that was in Sweet Leaf and CarboLoad, but it also gives you a lot more too, and in an easy to use formula.
Bud Candy pays off after your harvest too, because it makes finished material that tastes better and resists storage diseases.
Then, Bud Candy helps your harvested material resist brittleness, over-dryness, and microbes that can attack your harvested material and cause it to degrade or be unsafe for you and your friends to consume.
Testing shows that crops grown with Bud Candy have a longer shelf life. Up to 40% longer in some cases.
You’ll successfully use Bud Candy in rockwool, coco, NFT, aeroponics, ebb and flow, soil, sphagnum, and any other type of system you’re using.
Whether your plants are in bloom phase right now, or you’re preparing for bloom phase, this is the time to procure 100% organic Bud Candy and look forward to guaranteed cotton candy taste, big fruits, and stronger plant.

I do not like all of AN's products and believe that many are overpriced but this one works....It is truly a unique product.....Peace

T

tothemax

getting different advice from so many people. this is my very first grow too. I have ac/dc strain which says it requires less nutrients than most. I believe I am in week 2 of flowering stage. I initially was told to use 1/8 cup of big bud in 1 gallon water and repeat. I don't want to burn the leaves so only added 3 tablespoons in 3 gallons of water and add'l water. I spoke to someone else who advised me to feed 3 teaspoons bud candy & 3 teaspoons big bud to 2 gallons water 2X weekly and every 7-10 days add the Bio Fish 772 I've been using prior to adding the new bud candy and big bud. Aren't I supposed to change feeding amounts depending on week? And when do I flush? hahahaha (I first have to look up what it means to flush) forgive my ignorance. I hope it's ok to post this on this thread. Thanks for your clarification.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

getting different advice from so many people. this is my very first grow too. I have ac/dc strain which says it requires less nutrients than most. I believe I am in week 2 of flowering stage. I initially was told to use 1/8 cup of big bud in 1 gallon water and repeat. I don't want to burn the leaves so only added 3 tablespoons in 3 gallons of water and add'l water. I spoke to someone else who advised me to feed 3 teaspoons bud candy & 3 teaspoons big bud to 2 gallons water 2X weekly and every 7-10 days add the Bio Fish 772 I've been using prior to adding the new bud candy and big bud. Aren't I supposed to change feeding amounts depending on week? And when do I flush? hahahaha (I first have to look up what it means to flush) forgive my ignorance. I hope it's ok to post this on this thread. Thanks for your clarification.
It’s perfectly fine to post in this thread. Problem is it’s from 2011...

I have some experience with these nutrients but need more info. What are you feeding them? Complete feed regiment.

T

tothemax

It’s perfectly fine to post in this thread. Problem is it’s from 2011...

I have some experience with these nutrients but need more info. What are you feeding them? Complete feed regiment.
Thanks so much for your help Joey! June 9 transplanted 6 inch plant into 5 gallon pot with black gold soil and perolite. Waited one month and started sprinkling Bio-Fish 772 around the root with sufficient water (hose, well water perfect ph balance) every other watering. 9 weeks in now and little white hairs appeared which I assume flower. 2nd week flower. The strain is ac/dc. Yesterday I gave her 1 tablespoon big bud in each of 3 gallons of water = 3 tablespoons but received conflicting advice so I called the big bud support number and here is what he said I should do:

FEEDING DURING FLOWERING STAGE
Add 1 1/2 teaspoon big bud & 1 1/2 teaspoon bud candy to each gallon of water - 3 teaspoons to 2 gallons total 2 X weekly.
Every 7-10 days sprinkle 5 teaspoons Bio-Fish 772 around root of plant and pour the 2 gallons with bud candy & big bud over granules.
Do the same until harvest.

He didn't say anything about changing amounts over the next several weeks or anything about flushing.
1. Is this ratio safe and correct?
2. Can I add more water if I feel the plant needs more than 2 gallons?
3. Should I alter proportions of big bud and bud candy over the next several weeks?
4. Is it ok to combine big bud and bud candy or should I alternate 2X weekly?

I read that ACDC requires less nutrients than most and is a very difficult strain to grow. So far she's well over 5 ft. gorgeous lush green, healthy without signs of any bugs and the bottom has been pruned to let air circulate.

I really appreciate your help. This is my baby and I want to do right by her. Thanks Joey

Latest posts

Top Bottom